musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

Wembley 02.

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, J said:

Wembley 02.

Good call.

How come we never thought of that one before?

• Haha 2

Wembley 2002 will be released in March 2021.

Kind regards,

Madam Marie

• Haha 1

On 10/9/2019 at 8:06 PM, Brucefaninnyc said:

Don’t forget LA also!

Not forgotten :) a good show (is there such a thing as a bad Tunnel show?) but to kind of prove my point, one I rarely / never play as MSG is even better with pretty much the same early tour setlist.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Silvia said:

Wembley 2002 will be released in March 2021.

Kind regards,

Madam Marie

Why you bully me?!? 

• Haha 1

39 minutes ago, Karembu said:

Not forgotten :) a good show (is there such a thing as a bad Tunnel show?) but to kind of prove my point, one I rarely / never play as MSG is even better with pretty much the same early tour setlist.

LA has the best "Born to Run" of the three I reckon. 

Bruce is in London, obviously a London show must be coming!  Why else would he been there. 

Its been 18 years since we queued for tickets outside Wembley that night in Oct 2001!   Weird is what that was! 

I am  with @J  here!  :D

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

13 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

LA has the best "Born to Run" of the three I reckon. 

Aye, think you are right .  Love the Tunnel version of BTR so much.  Think the 27 April version from the chimes of freedom EP may be even better still (has the best woah oh oh ohs in the outro)...

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

I was listening to ESR today and they were playing WOAD 09 tour at MSG - The River night. Sounded pretty good. Why not a earlier show from 09. One without a full album played. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Jimmy James said:

I was listening to ESR today and they were playing WOAD 09 tour at MSG - The River night. Sounded pretty good. Why not a earlier show from 09. One without a full album played. 

Always liked Baltimore which has the full BTR 11/20/09.

From someone who has been right in the past.....

"One very specific person will be thrilled, most of the rest will wonder why it was chosen."

There has been a guy on btx thats been asking for 10/23/99 Los Angeles for many years....Its a very similar setlist to Chicago '99. But was very notable at the time as a fall '99 high point. I'd be happy with it as it includes some well performed stuff.

1999-10-23 - STAPLES CENTER, LOS ANGELES, CA

TAKE 'EM AS THEY COME / THE TIES THAT BIND / TWO HEARTS / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / THE PROMISED LAND / FACTORY / INDEPENDENCE DAY / YOUNGSTOWN / MURDER INCORPORATED / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / INCIDENT ON 57TH STREET / FOR YOU / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / THE PROMISE / BACKSTREETS / LIGHT OF DAY / RAMROD / BORN TO RUN / THUNDER ROAD / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS / BLINDED BY THE LIGHT

Fantastic setlist includes the second "Incident On 57th Street" of the tour and a solo piano "The Promise", the first of only three performances of the tour - not including the public rehearsal in Asbury Park. Show opens with the "Meeting In The Town Tonight" introduction. "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" includes "It's All Right", "Take Me To The River", "Gypsy Woman", "Red Headed Woman", and "Rumble Doll". "Light Of Day" includes an amusing take on "California Sun" and "I've Been Everywhere".

• Like 1

44 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

"One very specific person will be thrilled, most of the rest will wonder why it was chosen."

There has been a guy on btx thats been asking for 10/23/99 Los Angeles for many years....Its a very similar setlist to Chicago '99. But was very notable at the time as a fall '99 high point. I'd be happy with it as it includes some well performed stuff.

TAKE 'EM AS THEY COME / THE TIES THAT BIND / TWO HEARTS / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / THE PROMISED LAND / FACTORY / INDEPENDENCE DAY / YOUNGSTOWN / MURDER INCORPORATED / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / INCIDENT ON 57TH STREET / FOR YOU / THE GHOST OF TOM JOAD / THE PROMISE / BACKSTREETS / LIGHT OF DAY / RAMROD / BORN TO RUN / THUNDER ROAD / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS / BLINDED BY THE LIGHT

Fantastic setlist includes the second "Incident On 57th Street" of the tour and a solo piano "The Promise", the first of only three performances of the tour - not including the public rehearsal in Asbury Park. Show opens with the "Meeting In The Town Tonight" introduction. "Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out" includes "It's All Right", "Take Me To The River", "Gypsy Woman", "Red Headed Woman", and "Rumble Doll". "Light Of Day" includes an amusing take on "California Sun" and "I've Been Everywhere".

I could be wrong but this is one of the shows where he interpolates "My Girl" into "Tenth", isn't it?

I'm already all for this but it would be something else if I'm not getting mixed up here. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

I was at that show. I think you were, too? That whole L.A. run was great, especially after the ten year wait.

Is this the Prodigal Son In The City of Angels boot?

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I was at that show. I think you were, too? That whole L.A. run was great, especially after the ten year wait.

I went to all 4 at Staples, then went up north to the 3 in Oakland. That was a magic week. Yes, it is that boot and will no doubt be bettered by jon altschuler's able ears.

This is so effing cool to me. I walked up to the box office that night an hour before he hit the stage and pulled a seat 15 feet from the edge of the stage. When they hit that intro to Promised Land, my head exploded and I did not care. The passion, the power, the promise of the everlasting here and now that is rock n roll. Incident was perfect too. I will never forget that night.

• Like 3

I had tickets for the first three shows and on night three, a young girl and her father sold me their tickets for the last night because they weren't going to be able to go.

A great week, indeed.

I cried during The Promised Land. I was just so happy to be hearing that band again. For so long, I thought we never would.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 hours ago, Jerseyfornia said:

I've written previously about not being a prodigious boot collector, but that is one I do have on the back of the excellent sound quality. Infact, the only other Reunion tour recording I had apart from the official LINYC and even as a bootleg I preferred it to LINYC.

If this is truly coming tomorrow... Bruce, take my money, you've fuckin' earned it. That version of Incident in better quality than the great one I already have will cover the 12 bucks on its own. And hopefully the 'meeting in the town tonight' intro is included, which will differentiate the start of the show from Chicago. 

To have been there.... well, I felt like me seeing Cold Chisel live gave me one over you, but I concede an unambiguous defeat

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I felt like me seeing Cold Chisel live gave me one over you

You ruthless bastard.

19 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I felt like me seeing Cold Chisel live gave me one over you

You ruthless bastard.

12 hours ago, J said:

Why you bully me?!? 

If for any reason you feel your first psychic is not a good match, end your reading and we'll credit your account for up to 5 minutes so you can find another advisor who is better suited for you.  

:)

• Haha 1

Its-Friday-I-Must-Dance.jpg

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 3

10 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

The bootleg is pretty good sound wise, though not as good as Chicago. This worth getting for Adam Raised A Cain alone.

Iirr, on the bootleg - or at least the one listened to - there's a little glitch during "Factory" that (I think) repeats something Bruce has already said. It takes you out of the show and makes it another show in need of perfection. 

I'll be ecstatic if this is the release. 

14 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

Bruce is in London, obviously a London show must be coming!  Why else would he been there. 

Its been 18 years since we queued for tickets outside Wembley that night in Oct 2001!   Weird is what that was! 

I am  with @J  here!  :D

I love you. 

• Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Silvia said:

If for any reason you feel your first psychic is not a good match, end your reading and we'll credit your account for up to 5 minutes so you can find another advisor who is better suited for you.  

:)

DONE!