musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

2 hours ago, J said:

Wembley Stadium 2013. 

This.  I want this show real bad.  If I could pick one show I had been to that would be released, it would be this.  Said to a mate previously that I wasn’t a fan of album shows but I would happily eat my words if the album was Darkness; before adding that it would be better still if he were to play Lost in the Flood...

Happy Days!  Failing that would settle for Dublin night 1 the next time the WOAD tour comes up.  

• Like 1

How are we thinking this year's releases measure up against 2018's?

If you'd asked me that in August I'd have said 2018's by a bit of a distance, but after the last two months I'm thinking 2019's topped it - and with more to go as well!

Why so many's askin' for Wembley '02 ?? I would rather have Milwaukee 02 with Mary Queen, Little Queenie, The Fuse and Something in the Night.. I mean, something new and original!

Or the show at Philly (2002) or a show with If I Should Fall Behind on piano

1 hour ago, mxschrtt said:

Why so many's askin' for Wembley '02 ?? 

It is a Greasy Lake 'running gag"  which has only partially to do with the show itself.

But the joke is worn out a bit now (some might say: worn out completely).

8 hours ago, Karembu said:

This.  I want this show real bad.  If I could pick one show I had been to that would be released, it would be this.  Said to a mate previously that I wasn’t a fan of album shows but I would happily eat my words if the album was Darkness; before adding that it would be better still if he were to play Lost in the Flood...

Happy Days!  Failing that would settle for Dublin night 1 the next time the WOAD tour comes up.  

That Wembley gig was crazy... I think we knew it wasn't a regular night when they played Rosie as the 6th song of the night! (or close to 6th at least) 

Bruce was on fire... I remember him taking a lot of very intense guitar solos that night. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

It is a Greasy Lake 'running gag"  which has only partially to do with the show itself.

But the joke is worn out a bit now (some might say: worn out completely).

Oy. To me it's not a joke! 

• Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

10 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Well we shouldn't expect any shows from the tour this year, so we should start hoping for Wembley or any other show from the tour in 2020.

Why not this year? Have I missed something? 

14 hours ago, J said:

Why not this year? Have I missed something? 

There's one release by tour each year and  there's only 2 shows (apart a special release) to be released until 2020..

The only tour this year unreleased yet are "Rising / Tom Joad / Seeger / WOAD" that had been already released, excluding '73 et '74 shows!

Personally, i think they might release "Seeger" and "Rising" because we already have 2 shows from Tom Joad and 3 shows from WOAD... Plus, New Orleans '06 and Helsinki '03 aren't very representative of some great Seeger / Rising shows

It would be a qualitative and a quantitative gain!

5 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

New Orleans '06 and Helsinki '03 aren't very representative of some great Seeger / Rising shows

Both shows had a setlist representatief of a regular Seeger or Rising show. Even if New Orleans was a shorter show. Much more than let's say Freehold 1996, the 3 WOAD shows and even Nassau 31.12.1980 are representatief for their tours.

Why do I keep seeing St. Paul mentioned alongside Fenway as one of the two essential Wrecking Ball Tour shows to be released? 

I don't remember much of a fuss about it back in 2012 and looking at the set list in comparison to other shows from 2012-13, what exactly was it about that one that's making people want it?

I mean, if it comes out at some point I'll be happy as I want every show from the tour released, but, well, aye what's so special about it?

19 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

It's the word on the (back)street according to Flynn. 

Sweet. The dope's that there's still hope! 

• Like 2

19 hours ago, Lampi said:

Both shows had a setlist representatief of a regular Seeger or Rising show. Even if New Orleans was a shorter show. Much more than let's say Freehold 1996, the 3 WOAD shows and even Nassau 31.12.1980 are representatief for their tours.

Totally agree! i misspoke a bit.. It's still great to hear HD classics of RIsing and Seegers tour! They choose shows with nice rarities but they are not really the best of what they played during theses tours!  

It's still great releases comparing to what we used to have in HD!! They could have make a compilation of each tour of rarities performance but it would misrepresent (too much) Bruce's shows

For example, we have at least one HD version of the four version of "Incident" during Reunion Tour thanks to the last release. (Maybe) it's not the best (there's also the Garden, Philly and Toronto) but it's still nice to have this new

On 10/18/2019 at 8:43 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Annual PSA that we need a show with "Frankie". 

And one with "Walk Like a Man" anarl. 

It’s too bad cause that version of 'Frankie’ from the last night of the 'High Hopes' tour is probably the best I’ve ever heard! For whatever reason it’s not part of the live download series.

But, it may be just as well because he played "Jump” - it’s the only time I’ve ever cut a song off a bootleg .... but still consider doing it for those horrible bullet mic "Reason To Believes" back in 05.

Brad

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, BruceHistory said:

It’s too bad cause that version of 'Frankie’ from the last night of the 'High Hopes' tour is probably the best I’ve ever heard! For whatever reason it’s not part of the live download series.

But, it may be just as well because he played "Jump” - it’s the only time I’ve ever cut a song off a bootleg .... but still consider doing it for those horrible bullet mic "Reason To Believes" back in 05.

Brad

That "Frankie" is great, but the audio quality is a hindrance. 

1 hour ago, BruceHistory said:

because he played "Jump” - it’s the only time I’ve ever cut a song off a bootleg .... but still consider doing it for those horrible bullet mic "Reason To Believes" back in 05.

Same... hahaha