Greasy Lake Community

On 10/27/2019 at 12:34 AM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I've kinda convinced myself that next week's release will be a Joad show to the point that I'm going to be unhappy if it's not. 

Right. Loud and clear what your wish is.

44 minutes ago, Lampi said:

The show in London 1996 with Pony Boy as opening song.

...so I suggest a Joad show....

19 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The show in London 2002 with "The Rising" as opening song. 

....but no, some obscure show never mentioned before on this forum suddenly seems to be more interesting than a Joad show!

• Haha 1
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

21 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Right. Loud and clear what your wish is.

You may have missed my "Outlaw Pete" inspired WOAD post from earlier today. 

21 minutes ago, Lampi said:

...but no, some obscure show never mentioned before on this forum suddenly seems to be more interesting than a Joad show!

I had to read this twice because I was certain you'd written "Joad forum". I'm now imagining a place where you can discuss irrelevant shite like the photography of Pamela Springsteen until your heart's content. 

Edit: I'm now learning such a place exists, and it's called... Greasy Lake!

Wait, hang about :blink:

• Haha 1
On 10/28/2019 at 4:53 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Not going to bother expecting another tour release for at least half a year, but I'd love to see this as the next D&D show

https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2005/xcel-energy-center-st-paul-mn-5bd63bb0.html

I was at that one.  So was @LoverInTheCold

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Just throwing in a wild card here... He should think about releasing the show from 2002 at Wembley Arena in London. That wasn't a bad show. 

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 2
32 minutes ago, jukeblue said:

Is Bridge School Benefit 1995 (debut GoTJ, Sinaloa Cowboys) likely or is the sound issue at the start too tricky to fix?

Dunno, but the set was pretty short, likely too short for a stand-alone release. Plus, performancewise, I don't recall it being it a particularly good or memorable set either.

2 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

J's Wembley  show better be bloody well worth it :lol:

It’s seems to have been,  here’s a review  from a British newspaper from 2002 ,   Not sure why it’s never been mentioned before. 

I think it might be good to hear! 

https://www.theguardian.com/music/2002/oct/29/artsfeatures.popandrock1

:ph34r:

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Dr. Zoom said:

Dunno, but the set was pretty short, likely too short for a stand-alone release. Plus, performancewise, I don't recall it being it a particularly good or memorable set either.

think that's correct if we were gonna get this they'd likely have paired it with the 1986 one

Point Blank is great on this, although perhaps too similar to 1993 performances however

19 hours ago, J said:

Just throwing in a wild card here... He should think about releasing the show from 2002 at Wembley Arena in London. That wasn't a bad show. 

This throws up more repeats than UK Gold and Dave put together.

:lol:

• Haha 1