musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

43 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Maybe they had a theory on how to fix the DSD problem and picked a (relatively) boring/standard show so if they fucked it up, it'd be no problem. Which might explain why we didn't get a real heavy hitter out of the gate.

Then they saw all the work and figured it be worth it to go to another show that would take less work overall.

The Rising Tour, in the grand scheme of things, isn't one of those incredible mindblowing tours. So maybe the interest isn't there (and more importantly, the financial motive) to justify spending another month or two fixing another show.

Just a few thoughts

The story is that it is the only show that they have managed to retrieve. Nothing to do with looking for a standard show. The obvious conclusion is that the cost of restoring doesn't equal the income derived.

53 minutes ago, lilbud said:

The Rising Tour, in the grand scheme of things, isn't one of those incredible mindblowing tours.

I respectfully disagree, at least for 2002.

Short and intense shows with a setlist build around the new album. Very great performances of the Rising songs. No full album shows. No sign requests. No Sunny Day kids (very enjoyable performances of Sunny Day instead). And shows in arenas [in 2002, some shows in 2003 too].

4 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

What puzzles me is how they could solve the problem for the Helsinki show, but seemingly not for any of the others.

Or maybe they just don't want to release one from Rising yet:huh::huh::huh:

1 hour ago, mxschrtt said:

Or maybe they just don't want to release one from Rising yet:huh::huh::huh:

Yeah. That’s it. 

A somewhat random observation, but the three September, October and November releases were shows played in those respective months. 

Make of that likely coincidence what you will. 

5 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

A somewhat random observation, but the three September, October and November releases were shows played in those respective months. 

Make of that likely coincidence what you will. 

Interesting observation. At this stage my money is on coincidence. 

So bets than on Greenvale 1975 (But some more shows were recorded in December 1975).

Or Wembley 2007.

Edit: more likely Passaic 1978 was not coïncidentie but the other 2 shows were. Nassau 29.12.1980 release in the summer instead of a Summer 1981 show should maybe enough proof those things don't matter much and it is all coïncidentie (But Roxy 1978 was not).

Getting ahead of myself here, but what’s everyone think will the Xmas special release (if any at all)?

We got No Nukes last time following Roxy ‘75 (again, what a month)

I realise I’ve asked a broad question, but let’s assume that a December release has to be a legendary release (a la Roxy, Passaic the year before etc) - what legendary (and I mean like LEGENDARY, not just famously good shows - I’m wanting like a top 10 show) shows are left that are likely to be released?

Bottom Line ‘75? Winterland ‘78? Vets ‘80? (Assuming it even exists)

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

bets than on Greenvale 1975

I’d say this is a good shout, but this has been suggested like the last two years 

8 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

Getting ahead of myself here, but what’s everyone think will the Xmas special release (if any at all)?

The Night For The Vietnam Veteran on Christmas Eve following either October 8th 2009 or November 11th 2006 on the 6th.

That being said, if the former is unavailable I'll happily take this in all of its glory: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/2009/madison-square-garden-new-york-ny-4bd7c75e.html

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

what legendary (and I mean like LEGENDARY, not just famously good shows - I’m wanting like a top 10 show) shows are left that are likely to be released?

London 1975 the second show. NYC Palladium 1976, the show with Ronnie Spector.

Winterland Night 1 and Night 2 for sure but we already got Passaic 1 recently. Both shows will without doubt be released at a certain moment but maybe not that soon after Passaic 1.

It was said they don't have Main Point 1975, Bottom Line 1975 and the MSG 2009 WIESS show and it seems they don't have L.A. 20 August 1981 either.

The Boston 1977 stand (4 shows) is legendary too but I think it was said a few years ago on this forum (probably even in this topic) they don't have those either (hey the 1977 tour was to MAKE some money while the lawsuit was still going on, not to  SPEND some money on a professional recording of a show).

Some other legendary shows: the Cambridge 1974 show attended by Jon Landau which led to the 'I saw the future..' review; the show in Memphis 1976 after which Bruce went to Graceland trying to meet Elvis; Philadelphia 9 December 1980. Seems unlikely either of them was (professional) recorded though.

IF there will be a 'bonus show': why not an Amnesty show, with Paris SOS Racisme as bonus tracks (and some of the revenue going to Amnesty of course)?

• Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 11:17 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Annual plea to @Nugs even though they're not reading this place

Yes, please.

By the way, I'm pretty sure this will never be released (through the Archive Series at least), but do you think there's any chance we'll ever get that full Carousel House show they filmed for The Promise box set? I mean, I know they played every song a couple of times, but there are so many unreleased performances from that show, most of them are songs that Bruce never performed outside of that one gig. I don't know, maybe I'm asking too much, but I would LOVE to get this.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, 1651997 said:

Yes, please.

By the way, I'm pretty sure this will never be released (through the Archive Series at least), but do you think there's any chance we'll ever get that full Carousel House show they filmed for The Promise box set? I mean, I know they played every song a couple of times, but there are so many unreleased performances from that show, most of them are songs that Bruce never performed outside of that one gig. I don't know, maybe I'm asking too much, but I would LOVE to get this.

I could do without that performance of “Blue Christmas” however

2 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Yeah, I was focusing more on stuff like 'Outside Looking In' :D

• Like 1

21 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Brokenhearted must be gracious..

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

Brokenhearted must be gracious..

Exactly! Would love to get that!

First Friday December I'm predicting something from 2009 (unless they've managed to extract another 2002/2003 show from the obsoleted audio box).

Christmas week bonus show, East Berlin 1988.. what with the 30th Anniversary of the fall and, you know, the whole peace to all folks vibe of the season

• Like 1

I am gonna predict that we will get 8/20/81 in December, followed by Winterland 12/15 for Christmas.

OK, I said it.

• Love Love Love! 1

4 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I am gonna predict that we will get 8/20/81 in December, followed by Winterland 12/15 for Christmas.

OK, I said it.

would have been nice but still very unlikely.. we always get two river that year (one in bonus) so, we'll have to wait couple months, even if we ALL want a nice version of "ballad of easy rider"

a "christmas show" (from 2000 / 2001 / Carousel '10) for December 6 and a nice rising show (not especially Wembley 02) to close the year could be great

from WOAD, nobody has evoked the Glastonbury show.. it's not the greatest of the tour, but it could be nice ("coma girl", "tom joad" etc.) with the so-asked Garden show (November 7)

13 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

OK, I said it.

More than a prediction is a dream.... ;-)

15 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

OK, I said it.

Allready a Darkness and a River show only a few months ago.

Assuming Rising Tour shows are still unavailable, tours that did not have a release yet in 2019 are only Seeger, WOAD and anything pre-1978. (And Amnesty and Vote For Change if  that counts).

A 1975 show maybe most likely for December.

Or  a Christmas show. Or the bonus show (IF There will be a bonus show) a Christmas show.

An early WOAD show, or maybe an European 2009 show, would be nice (not again a USA full album show from the last leg; the WOAD Tour was more than that). (And they don't have the MSG WIESS show it seems).

Have we ever been told we would be limited to one release per tour a year or is it just an educated guess based on a pattern?

Only asking as I would live another River show in December, but I’d be more than happy with anything from the Rising or 1975, or anything else Bruce has ever performed

4 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

is it just an educated guess based on a pattern?

I believe so

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1