musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

Just now, Promise61 said:

Gut feeling?  It'll be Winterland.

I hope not. Fair enough to upgrade the sound at some point during the series, but not to hype it up as 'worth the wait' when we've been listening to it in good quality since Noah was a lad.

8 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I hope not. Fair enough to upgrade the sound at some point during the series, but not to hype it up as 'worth the wait' when we've been listening to it in good quality since Noah was a lad.

Winterland, BOTH nights, mixed by Bob C?  Now that would be special!

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Not night 2.

If it's just night 1, that would be a letdown (with this wait), esp. if not mixed by Bob Clearmountain.

The Darkness Radio Broadcasts mixed by Clearmountain. Both CD and Digital - Out December 25

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

So we only get one release this month ?

• Sad 1

31 minutes ago, lilbud said:

The Darkness Radio Broadcasts mixed by Clearmountain. Both CD and Digital - Out December 25

I'm in. Vinyl too please, if it's not too much trouble

Thanks.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Seems like it, or it could be similar to last year where we got 2 shows on Christmas Eve. 

This could be a Winterland, Bottom Line or Boston '77 double header for all we know.

• Like 2

Christmas Release will be the final one and it will be all shows that have been demanded for years so everyone will be satisfied and shut up

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I agree with this; but not as it is Winterland Night 2.

• Love Love Love! 1

2 hours ago, Marnix said:

That is not what is said.

Looks more like a second Friday release and a Christmas release.

Edit: with reading it one more time it seems what is said, there will not be a regular release this month, only a very special Christmas release.

57 minutes ago, Marnix said:

That's how I read it, although it isn't very explicit.

I welcome this....but.

It must be huge.

Vets show, anything from summer 81, the whole LA Run from 81......Jersey 81....something magical and unknown...a River show that we didnt know. A perfect multitrack frm MSG 78, or Bottom Line 75, Another great London show from 81. Winterland 78 both nights mixed perfectly.

Gotta be huge. Has to be.

• Like 3

I've all but given up on the Vietnam Vets show ever seeing the light of day but, if it was ever going to make an appearance, it seems like this would be the perfect opportunity... and it would make for a very merry Christmas indeed!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, jauzins said:

Winterland, BOTH nights, mixed by Bob C?  Now that would be special!

2 hours ago, Tim1218 said:

I’d cream my pants.

:P

• Haha 1

43 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

....something magical and unknown...

Which could also be a December 1975 show, as it is not exactly known which shows were recorded that month (except Greenvale, Philadelphia and Toronto; but it is said there were more shows recorded).

Or this: the two last shows of the Darkness Tour in Cleveland, 31 December 1978 and 1 December 1979.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, lilbud said:

Christmas Release will be the final one and it will be all shows that have been demanded for years so everyone will be satisfied and shut up

I would like to please live in this world you describe, please. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Tim1218 said:

Bottom Line 75 stand with accompanying video.  I’d cream my pants.

And there's pro-shot black and white video of at least some of 8/15 show if not all of it (I think it was in "Legends" that I saw it in).

2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I welcome this....but.

It must be huge.

Vets show, anything from summer 81, the whole LA Run from 81......Jersey 81....something magical and unknown...a River show that we didnt know. A perfect multitrack frm MSG 78, or Bottom Line 75, Another great London show from 81. Winterland 78 both nights mixed perfectly.

I bet it's the last. Both Winterland shows. In December. Appropriate timing be it this week or then - an appropriate time of year for the shows.

And it's the biggest most overlooked shows yet in the series (The Bottom Line would be the other one, though that and the 8/20/81 show may not be in what they consider good enough quality even if we'd love something they have). Makes sense to just finally do it.

6 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Agreed.  It's the greatest Bruce show in the history of Bruce shows so it has to be done properly or not at all.

Gut feeling?  It'll be Winterland.

that would put some very sweet icing on a very otherwise shitty year for me (not Bruce related of course)

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I welcome this....but.

It must be huge.

huge has to be something with the 78 intro !!! :lol:

• Love Love Love! 1

I may be the only one who would be unhappy with both nights of Winterland 78.

NOT!!

• Love Love Love! 1

Why not audio + video of the last two shows of the Born In The USA Tour?

Or the last two shows of the Darkness Tour? I would prefer these two over Winterland shows. Especially the last show of the Darkness Tour: great setlist (better than Winterland), over three and a half hours, we don't have a good bootleg.

Another options: the first (Vet show) and the last concerts of Los Angeles '81,  audio + video of a Tunnel Of Love show (didn't Bruce say that they should release one video of this tour?).

• Like 3