Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

On 12/21/2019 at 10:01 PM, jukeblue said:

First Friday in January likely to be an under-the-radar release? Rising Wembley Arena?

I'm in. 

8 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

i surpose seeing as i got winterland x2 i can't complain but id prefer 2009 

Typically I'd agree but I would make an exception for the first airing of Long Walk Home or a rendition of Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
2 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Typically I'd agree but I would make an exception for the first airing of Long Walk Home or a rendition of Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze!

hello Hero

a very Marry christnas to you and yours 

• Love Love Love! 1
2 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

I would skip if that’s the case (although I’ve said that before)

I've say that a lot, but in the end I also end up getting the download. Shit it only 12 to 15 bucks. I can eat and drink that much it about 8 minutes, so why not buy something you can enjoy for three hours for the same cost.

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

Jumping in on the Holy Grail/Vets show thing

I always saw nugs tweeting about Holy Grail shows as them building up to the '78 releases (Passaic and the Winterland shows) as opposed to them genuinely looking for peoples' opinions, so that means we shouldn't necessarily rule out the Vets '81 show in the future.

I think casual fans, which I wouldn't really class the majority of us as, would certainly see the Broadcast shows as the Holy Grail shows (honestly I was a big Bruce fan before joining this site, but I didn't hear about the Vets show until like last year..!)

So, I would say not getting the '81 Vets show this year doesn't mean it's not ever going to be released - I don't think anything has changed and its still as likely/unlikely to be released as it has ever been

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, BobbyJames said:

Jumping in on the Holy Grail/Vets show thing

I always saw nugs tweeting about Holy Grail shows as them building up to the '78 releases (Passaic and the Winterland shows) as opposed to them genuinely looking for peoples' opinions, so that means we shouldn't necessarily rule out the Vets '81 show in the future.

I think casual fans, which I wouldn't really class the majority of us as, would certainly see the Broadcast shows as the Holy Grail shows (honestly I was a big Bruce fan before joining this site, but I didn't hear about the Vets show until like last year..!)

So, I would say not getting the '81 Vets show this year doesn't mean it's not ever going to be released - I don't think anything has changed and its still as likely/unlikely to be released as it has ever been

I've never viewed the FM broadcasts as Hoy Grail shows because we have them in superb quality already.  That 15 CD box set is a mega bargain at around £1 per disc.

• Like 3

What I am looking forward to after these Winterland shows is the seemingly inevitable release of Atlanta '78. I remember listening to it once or twice back in 2017 around the time Passaic #2 came out, so I'm really excited for the possibility of it next year. 

As it goes, all of the future Darkness shows will be intriguing to see now seeing as the "obvious" contenders are out. Like, what can we 'expect'? Passaic #3 and Atlanta? MSG? Seattle? What else?

• Like 2
38 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

After three shows in the last four months, let's put '78 to bed for a while and let some other tours catch up a bit.

With you on this, honestly happy if we don’t get another 78 show until 2021 given how spoiled we already are.*

My hope is for some high quality BITUSA shows.  Whilst Darkness and TOL are my favourite tours, setlists were quite consistent and I think 84/85 offers so much more potential variety for new downloads.  To name just a few: Paris 85, Wembley 04/07/85, Kansas City 84, Lincoln Nebraska 84, Pittsburgh ‘where the rivers meet, birthday show 84, LA 84 Halloween show...

* but to answer Paolo’s point, when and if we do get more Darkness how about Charleston, Portland and the Palladium in addition to Atlanta et al. The point was well made earlier that their proximity to shows already released might decrease their chances of release though but you can always hope!

• Like 2

Here's what I would love:

- EU Joad show with Dead man walking and Streets of P

- 85 Japan show - genuinely interested how they sounded, and what was the audience like

- 4 of July 85, Wembley 

- East Berlin 88

But since I'm not picky, anything will do. :)

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
23 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

After three shows in the last four months, let's put '78 to bed for a while and let some other tours catch up a bit.

The more official releases of the Darkness Tour I listen to, the less legendary it becomes (to my ears anyway).

• Like 1
5 hours ago, badlands78 said:

The more official releases of the Darkness Tour I listen to, the less legendary it becomes (to my ears anyway).

Aye.  I think that the whole Archive Series has approached saturation point with the seeming reluctance to go back to anything prior to '78.  Anything pre Landau.

Yes yes, I know that back in those years, pre Landau, money was hard to find and maybe not much was archived and survived.

Which is probably why the Live 75/85 box set deletes Mike Appel and others from the story. Or maybe not.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Interesting point, and I may even agree with this. On the other hand, for me the standing of both the TOL tour and the Reunion tour have grown somewhat on the back of their respective Archive series releases

• Like 3