musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

Tunnel tour is still my favorite. No Steve, Patti in sync, Nils outstanding with vocals of a guardian angel, Roy and the rest as brilliant as ever, HORNS!!!! 

Bruce with a voice of a wounded knight, with much more varied setlists, on the verge of a personal and professional breakdown. 

Complicated, challenging, and liberating at the same time. Electrifying. 1988 was definitely better than 1978. 

I want TOL. Forget my previous post. :)

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1

With all of this talk I'm starting to really look forward to posting my Springsteen's Archive Series: The Possibilities for 2020 on NYD. 

I've also got a brief wrap-up of 2019 in there alongside a top 10 of the best songs released in the project this year. 

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Silvia said:

much more varied setlists

Varied setlists in 1988???

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Silvia said:

Tunnel tour is still my favorite. No Steve, Patti in sync, Nils outstanding with vocals of a guardian angel, Roy and the rest as brilliant as ever, HORNS!!!! 

Bruce with a voice of a wounded knight, with much more varied setlists, on the verge of a personal and professional breakdown. 

Complicated, challenging, and liberating at the same time. Electrifying. 1988 was definitely better than 1978. 

I want TOL. Forget my previous post. :)

YES

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

Varied setlists in 1988???

Probably varied in not the right word. 

I meant more songs in his catalogue he could choose from, 4 albums more compared to Darkness.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

With all of this talk I'm starting to really look forward to posting my Springsteen's Archive Series: The Possibilities for 2020 on NYD. 

I've also got a brief wrap-up of 2019 in there alongside a top 10 of the best songs released in the project this year. 

Looking forward to both. :)

The fabulous "Live 75-85 Outtakes" boot is getting picked over. Official releases have claimed a combined eight of the 20 tracks:

Nassau Coliseum, NY 12/29/80 & Winterland, CA 12/16/78

What's left? Capitol Theater, NJ 09/21/78 is sure to come at some point and complete that trilogy. And of course there is ample high-quality material from Los Angeles Sports Coliseum, CA 09/30/85. The two that intrigue me are Brendan Byrne Arena, NJ 08/19/84 & Giants Stadium, NJ 08/22/85.

Looking forward to what's to come...

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, davalav said:

The fabulous "Live 75-85 Outtakes" boot is getting picked over. Official releases have claimed a combined eight of the 20 tracks:

Nassau Coliseum, NY 12/29/80 & Winterland, CA 12/16/78

What's left? Capitol Theater, NJ 09/21/78 is sure to come at some point and complete that trilogy. And of course there is ample high-quality material from Los Angeles Sports Coliseum, CA 09/30/85. The two that intrigue me are Brendan Byrne Arena, NJ 08/19/84 & Giants Stadium, NJ 08/22/85.

Looking forward to what's to come...

Most curious if anything else from b2r tour was recorded. 

Darkness seems a bit spent from what we assume was recorded. Seems safe to assume that 3 capitol theatre show will be released at some point. And it’s possible that we may get multi track agora at some point. Anything else we think was recorded from darkness. The Atlanta Radio broadcast? MSG shows?

River tour seems like the other Nassau show would be a likely candidate. Maybe more from Wembley? Possible NJ shows? Although it would be natural to think LA would have been recorded, but the apparent non existent vets show seems to rule that out.

USA tour mostly agree with the above, but seems like there might be some surprises? I would think a European show must have been recorded. Or maybe something from Australia or Japan?

Curious to see what else they have from TOL.

HT/LT I’m excited to see what else there is from this tour. Really want more of the NJ shows, but 93 tour proper stuff would be great. 

Joad hope they release the whole tour.

• Like 1

Whatever is next, i really hope they take a long break from releasing any shows from the 70's because 12 shows from 1975 to 1979 (7!!! alone from 1978) are more than enough now. There's so many tours that are still under-represented, like seeger sessions or 92-93, and most important, finally get the Rising stuff worked out!

• Like 1

4 hours ago, davalav said:

They are not Live 1975-85 outtakes.

The Live 1975-88 4CD bootleg with in addition to mentioned also songs from Basel 1988 and Copenhagen 1988.

Great bootleg, great sound quality, nice packaging (booklet with liner notes about the songs) but not Live 1975-85 outtakes.

7 hours ago, BigBoss said:

Whatever is next, i really hope they take a long break from releasing any shows from the 70's because 12 shows from 1975 to 1979 (7!!! alone from 1978) are more than enough now.

We still need: 1973, early 1974, 1974/1975 (with Suki), more 1975 (Born To Run Tour), Spring 1976 Tour, Fall 1976 Tour, more 1977, more 1978, more 1978 and more 1978.

And a Steel Mill show.

• Like 2

No more '78. Please!  It's overdone resulting in way too much repetition.

Maybe a new year will bring a new approach to the whole archive series philosophy.

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

No more '78. Please!  It's overdone resulting in way too much repetition.

After release of the usual 1978 suspects which were mostly already available in very good sound quality for many years (except Winterland 2 and Passaic 2) next could be some more unexpected and adventurous 1978 shows.

Like a show from May/June 1978 or November 1978.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lampi said:

We still need: 1973, early 1974,

I'm still holding out hope for Houston 74. The boots are fine, but would love it in better quality. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, fadeaway said:

I'm still holding out hope for Houston 74. The boots are fine, but would love it in better quality. 

And there is -I think- only known audio of 2 shows from Liberty Hall Houston 1974 (not counting the radio session); while there were more shows (with also early and late shows on the same day). So why not a release of one of the shows from which there is no known audio?

• Like 2

2019 is almost over, and it was an AMAZING YEAR in terms of releases! Seriously, WINTERLAND!!!! :D :D Those two releases alone made 2019 worthwile! 

With 2020 coming up, what are you looking forward too? 

Wout's wish list:

1973/1974/1975: a show with Suki! 

1978/09/01: final performance of Lost in the Flood (solo on piano) until 2000 MSG, and tour premiere of Chimes of Freedom

2005/07/23, Atlanta: Lost in the Flood, Incident on 57 Street, Sad Eyes (only known performance)

2008/03/20, final show with Danny 

2009: a WOAD show with Outlaw Pete (preferably not Hyde Park since we already have the dvd)

2012/07/28: First ever Jungleland with Jakey, and lost in the flood!!! 

2014/02/16, Melbourne: Complete Born to Run album, Lost in the Flood, Roulette, Lucky Town 

And if I'm being selfish:

2013/06/22 Goffertpark Nijmegen 

2018/03/20 Broadway 

AND ALL SHOWS WHERE HE EVER PERFORMED LOST IN THE FLOOD

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lampi said:

So why not a release of one of the shows from which there is no known audio?

They tried that with 1977 and people winged about the sound.

• Like 2

54 minutes ago, Wout said:

AND ALL SHOWS WHERE HE EVER PERFORMED LOST IN THE FLOOD

May flood be with you. :P

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

The two 77 shows are easily in my top 10 releases 

• Like 3

I’m not expecting a significant release so soon after double Winterland. It will most likely be an off the shelf Wrecking Ball tour show which was mixed at the time. They must have dozens of those shows ready to go with multi tracks in great quality. Madrid 2012 would be my preference. 

Estadio Santiago Bernabeu
2012-06-17
Madrid, Spain

Badlands
No Surrender
We Take Care of Our Own
Wrecking Ball
Death To My Hometown
My City Of Ruins
Spirit In The Night
Be True
Jack of All Trades
Youngstown
Murder Inc.
She's The One
Talk To Me
Spanish Eyes
Working On The Highway
Shackled And Drawn
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Way You Do The Things You Do
634-5789
The River
Because The Night
My Love Will Not Let You Down
The Rising
We Are Alive
Thunder Road
Rocky Ground
Born In The USA
Born To Run
Hungry Heart
Seven Nights To Rock
Dancing In The Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Twist And Shout

A real marathon tonight, the longest show in Springsteen's known performing history clocking in at an incredible three hours and 48 minutes. Southside Johnny joins Bruce on stage for "Talk To Me", which is performed by (a rather convenient) sign request. Premiere of "Spanish Eyes", one of three songs tonight from The Promise. There's another airing for "Be True", and also the third "My Love Will Not Let You Down" of the tour. Patti is at home with the kids.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, davemunday said:

The two 77 shows are easily in my top 10 releases 

I’ve said it a number of times, but the Promsie from Albany ‘77 is my favourite release in the archive series so far

16 hours ago, Lampi said:

They are not Live 1975-85 outtakes.

The Live 1975-88 4CD bootleg with in addition to mentioned also songs from Basel 1988 and Copenhagen 1988.

Great bootleg, great sound quality, nice packaging (booklet with liner notes about the songs) but not Live 1975-85 outtakes.

I used that title because that is the title of the bootleg. https://www.springsteenlyrics.com/bootlegs.php?item=4453 Call it whatever you like. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

But that would -probably- make no difference for a 1974 show with- or without known audio.