musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

59 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I couldn't care less when it's released, but someone should send out some info, so we aren't wasting our time tomorrow! 

You should care a lot more. 

We are consumers paying for a product.

Bruce Inc., should set very high standards to all of its contractors.

On tour, if a single contractor messed up then they would be dust.

Nugs only survive through fan's money.

13 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Bruce Inc., should set very high standards to all of its contractors.

From all I've heard hear, the problem is with Bruce Inc and not Nugs? 

I'm a contractor, and we can't perform any work until a contract/ proposal is signed off on. 

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'm conflicted about this. 

And I think BTX here are coming across as a bit "high and mighty".

It comes across a little condescending to me too.  The truth is communication has been poor and there have been quite a few delays now but they don’t seem to have learned that good and timely communication would have earned them a lot more “latitude”.  Instead they let people get their hopes up and risk RSI hitting refresh...

And the whole is the holidays justification was rather tenuous.  Can’t see my boss accepting that as a credible reason for not completing any of my work :)

• Like 2

It's a-commercial behaviour, not communicatie in time, sometimes no communicatie at all,  not delivering in time, postponing things without a good reason, with the risk of losing profits and losing good customers.

In normal business a company would lose customers,, lose trust and go bankrupt and Bruce would have to sell all of Jessica's horses.

• Like 3

I tweeted Nugs and got the following response:

• Like 2
  • Haha 6
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I'm conflicted about this. 

And I think BTX here are coming across as a bit "high and mighty".

Backstreets are pretty much an unofficial arm of Bruce Inc.  It's a great shame, but business is business.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

Been following this thread and, to be honest, I don’t give a **** whether it’s this week, next, next month, whatever. The sky ain’t gonna fall in. It’s not even a 1st world problem. They’ll come when they come.

In the meantime there’s shit-loads of other great music out there deserving of your ears.

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

Been following this thread and, to be honest, I don’t give a **** whether it’s this week, next, next month, whatever. The sky ain’t gonna fall in. It’s not even a 1st world problem. They’ll come when they come.

In the meantime there’s shit-loads of other great music out there deserving of your ears.

Agreed.

But, Bruce is selling a product through a third party,  and in the name of his high standard in the industry and professionalism in general, this should run like a well oiled machine.  It doesn't.

• Like 3

"The two Dec Winterland shows should merit some latitude."

Well..... wasn't one of these two shows a delayed release for the December month? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wout said:

Well..... wasn't one of these two shows a delayed release for the December month?

And wasn't one of these two shows already available in excellent sound quality for more than 40 years?

By the way, question:

Has NUGS ever stated explicitly (so I don't mean any backstreet claim)  that they will release a show every first friday of the month? 

Because if they hadn't make such a claim, we don't have any right to complain about delays etc. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wout said:

By the way, question:

Has NUGS ever stated explicitly (so I don't mean any backstreet claim)  that they will release a show every first friday of the month? 

Because if they hadn't make such a claim, we don't have any right to complain about delays etc. 

Brad Serling from Nugs went on E Street Radio back in July 2017 (fuckin' aaaageeeeesss ago now) and said that 25 shows had been approved for release and that there'd be a release the First Friday of every month. 

It's all in here around the first few pages of the thread. 

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Brad Serling from Nugs went on E Street Radio back in July 2017 (fuckin' aaaageeeeesss ago now) and said that 25 shows had been approved for release and that there'd be a release the First Friday of every month. 

It's all in here around the first few pages of the thread. 

Alright, and these 25 shows are now long finished, right?

So technically we are back at the schedule of "NUGS will release whenever they want"? 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Wout said:

we don't have any right to complain about delays etc. 

I must be on the wrong forum 

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

I vaguely remember when the series started the releases were very sporadic, with no real rhyme or reason behind them. Then we got the twenty five shows things, and the releases started to appear regular as clockwork. Now, we've passed that mark there doesn't seem to be any real direction behind the series. It feels like it could go in any direction. It could even cease all together.

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, BruceWho said:

The CANDY'S ROOM opener on that final night was incendiary and "set the tone" (I believe it was the Thurs show, your other night, that opened with BACKSTREETS which was an amazing way to start a show!)...…….it was a fantastic week in Boston, we broke the bank on that reunion tour doing 34 shows in 15 months in 7 countries including 3 separate trips to the States - from the first 2 shows in Barcelona to the final 2 nights at MSG, NYC and although there are many terrific memories there are none better than the 5 nights in Boston!

I did quite a bit of filming in Boston & Washington (and Earls Court, London, Berlin, Paris, Dallas, Little Rock, New Orleans) a lot of which made it out there on VHS tape back in the day - but the problem was in was a copy of a copy (and sometimes of a copy!) and even the "original" would have been a transfer from the camera tape to original VHS tape - but all subsequent copies out there would then have been copies of that original VHS tape!...…...losing quality each time along the way (and probably getting ghosting etc). Obviously even thee absolute original (the camera tape) wouldn't be of the quality that we all enjoy today (it was 20 years ago!!!) - but - I sometimes think about trying to get to grips with "HOW" I can upload those original camera tapes on-line!!?

In the meantime here is what looks like a 3rd or 4th generation copy to me of MY footage from that final night opener in Boston 21 years ago - hope it brings back memories for you! :

SORRY - I was going to paste here footage I'd seen on you tube (about a year ago) of my filming of Candys Room but I can't find it anywhere out there now!!? (makes me want to learn how to upload the "originals" even more! ha!) - sorry, foiled. 

You are correct!  Backstreets opened the 8/26 show & Candy's Room was the opener on 8/27.  At one point Candy's Room was on YT.  I think the only footage is For You from 8/26. 

12 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

Personally NJ 1999/08/11 is better than this concert in Boston! they were more working on NYC Serenade and its rendition is a bizarre mix between the Philly and Chicago version (the first appearance of NYC Serenade at NJ is more spontaneous)

Still, it's one of the best version (very probably the best with NY 2000/06/27) of Adam Raised a Cain

Plus, we got Sandy, Night, Trapped.. Or why not the Philly birthday show from Reunion Tour (with a great Fever)

Just now, sleepyjoe said:

Very Jealous.  I went to the 8/6, 8/7 shows in East Rutherford. 

Just now, Walker in the sun said:

Very much this.

Some people carry on as if their pay check has been delayed.

It's not something that's owed to us, we've had a shit ton of music made available to us, and over time there will be plenty more.

In the meantime go and play outside.

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, Wout said:

Alright, and these 25 shows are now long finished, right?

So technically we are back at the schedule of "NUGS will release whenever they want"? 

Finished in August 2019. 

It seemed likely they'd just continue the way they were going, seeing as it was seemingly git straightforward for everyone. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, J said:

I tweeted Nugs and got the following response:

Obviously it's..... WEMBLEY!!!

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Agreed.

But, Bruce is selling a product through a third party,  and in the name of his high standard in the industry and professionalism in general, this should run like a well oiled machine.  It doesn't.

To be honest, i've been well oiled all christmas. My machine is coughing and spluttering still:(

• Haha 2

Just release a show today so all the complaining about delays can finally stop.....to make way for complaining about it being a Seeger / other band / solo acoustic show. :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Private message on FB:

Hi Nicola, Unfortunately, this month's release has been delayed. We do not have any more information at this time. Sorry for the inconvenience.

• Sad 1