Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The First Friday Archive Series era is dead. 

Long live whatever comes next. 

The past 6 months have been riddled by delays. I look forward always with intense anticipation. Maybe they will use this time to fix the issues. I will assume its a combination of things we dont get to hear about. I also think JA has been busy with Phish. They have four dates in Mexico coming up. But, yeah. Really unhappy about this and thier communication is awful.

There is other work being done no doubt getting an album ready, planning a tour. I will also say, having another mixer would help.

The bright side is they didnt promise that it'll be worth the wait.  

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Ozboss1999 said:

Very much this.

Some people carry on as if their pay check has been delayed.

It's not something that's owed to us, we've had a shit ton of music made available to us, and over time there will be plenty more.

In the meantime go and play outside.

Not entirely sure this is helpful.  In fact, I probably think it misses the point somewhat.  I and everyone else that may be disappointed appreciates it isn’t actually the end of the world.  Understanding this does not preclude disappointment.

I and most others here will undoubtedly have shit tonnes of other great music to listen to and frequently do so.  I am also sure that everyone else has lost of other interests to keep them occupied and about which they are passionate.  Again, this does not preclude being disappointed given many people look forward to the first Friday date each month.  I certainly do and of course the disappointment will pass quickly enough but no need for the whole “first world problem” rhetoric.  

As I mentioned elsewhere, better communication would assuage much of the frustration.  Whether it is every first Friday or they go to quarterly or bi-monthly, that will be what it will be but what is within their gift is to a) communicate clearly and timeously and b) to paraphrase Ronseal: do what they say they will do!

• Like 6

Just now, Karembu said:

Not entirely sure this is helpful.  In fact, I probably think it misses the point somewhat.  I and everyone else that may be disappointed appreciates it isn’t actually the end of the world.  Understanding this does not preclude disappointment.

I and most others here will undoubtedly have shit tonnes of other great music to listen to and frequently do so.  I am also sure that everyone else has lost of other interests to keep them occupied and about which they are passionate.  Again, this does not preclude being disappointed given many people look forward to the first Friday date each month.  I certainly do and of course the disappointment will pass quickly enough but no need for the whole “first world problem” rhetoric.  

As I mentioned elsewhere, better communication would assuage much of the frustration.  Whether it is every first Friday or they go to quarterly or bi-monthly, that will be what it will be but what is within their gift is to a) communicate clearly and timeously and b) to paraphrase Ronseal: do what they say they will do!

Ok thanks, I understand now.

I can see it's a very serious situation.

All the best with it.

Sincerely hope you are assuaged in the future.

3 hours ago, Ozboss1999 said:

Ok thanks, I understand now.

I can see it's a very serious situation.

All the best with it.

Sincerely hope you are assuaged in the future.

Dude, it’s ok, it isn’t that serious so no need to panic on my behalf.  In fact, it’s Friday night and I am too busy “drinking ‘til I get my fill” to worry ;)

• Like 1

Some communication from Nugs to advise that they are no longer restricted to Friday as a release day would be welcome - now that we’ve accepted that the first Friday of the month agenda is dead. That at least would help retain interest in the series apart from the stalwart Friday refreshers. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Buddhabone said:

I think we are blowing it out of proportion, they cant release an archive the day of the vinyl annoucement.

This makes sense.

But that is not the problem. The problem is not the fact there seems to be no January release, or that maybe the first Friday schedule is skipped (which could also be exiting; releases which suddenly are there, without any announcement); or even the fact maybe the Series have ended now, temporarily or forever.

The problem is the amateurish communication, and lack of communication, and delaying releases at the last minute, which not suits an artist with the stature of Bruce Springsteen.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

22 hours ago, Marnix said:

Hopefully Springsteen will release an Australian show and the proceeds goes to the Australian people who are affected by the fire

Yes, remix Brisbane 2014. That show deserves a better quality mix. 

Brisbane Entertainment Centre
2014-02-26
Brisbane, Australia

Stayin' Alive
It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
Growin' Up
Spirit In The Night
High Hopes
Just Like Fire Would
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
Sherry Darling
Save My Love
Fade Away
The 'E' Street Shuffle
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Kitty's Back
Wild Billy's Circus Story
Incident On 57th Street
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
New York City Serenade
Darlington County
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Rising
The Ghost Of Tom Joad
Badlands
Glory Days
Born To Run
Bobby Jean
Dancing In The Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Highway To Hell (with Eddie Vedder)
Thunder Road

• Like 3

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Yes, remix Brisbane 2014. That show deserves a better quality mix. 

2014-02-26
Brisbane, Australia

Stayin' Alive
It's Hard To Be A Saint In The City
Does This Bus Stop At 82nd Street?
Growin' Up
Spirit In The Night
High Hopes
Just Like Fire Would
You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)
Sherry Darling
Save My Love
Fade Away
The 'E' Street Shuffle
4th of July, Asbury Park (Sandy)
Kitty's Back
Wild Billy's Circus Story
Incident On 57th Street
Rosalita (Come Out Tonight)
New York City Serenade
Darlington County
Waitin' On A Sunny Day
The Rising
The Ghost Of Tom Joad
Badlands
Glory Days
Born To Run
Bobby Jean
Dancing In The Dark
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Highway To Hell (with Eddie Vedder)
Thunder Road

Coincidentally I was just listening to this show as we speak!! 

Great show. That moment when he found someone's cellphone in his back pocket :D "How did it get here!? I felt nothing!"

• Haha 2

35 minutes ago, Walker in the sun said:

Backstreets saying Nugs advise Jan holiday to let double Winterland release ‘sink in’. Return to monthly release schedule Feb.

Chill.

That is certainly fair enough - think I'm certainly guilty sometimes of taking for granted these releases that I don't appreciate how big a release it was!

15 minutes ago, Wout said:

2014-02-26
Brisbane, Australia

This is the only High Hopes show I have and its bloody brilliant start to finish, I even like the audio in all honesty - definitely up there with my favourite show released. 

On that note, what other High Hopes Tour shows are worth checking out? I only really bought this one a few years ago so that I had one for the collection and it had a great setlist, but I'd definitely be keen to check more of the tour out

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

That is certainly fair enough - think I'm certainly guilty sometimes of taking for granted these releases that I don't appreciate how big a release it was!

This is the only High Hopes show I have and its bloody brilliant start to finish, I even like the audio in all honesty - definitely up there with my favourite show released. 

On that note, what other High Hopes Tour shows are worth checking out? I only really bought this one a few years ago so that I had one for the collection and it had a great setlist, but I'd definitely be keen to check more of the tour out

Brisbane and Perth night 3 are the best two for me, maybe Sydney Darkness album night as next best.

• Like 1