musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

52 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Wembley 1985 is best known for the 4th July show but Saturday 6th July (my first ever show) had several video footage shots in the Born to Run video and the show included a rarely played Highway Patrolman and even rarer cover of Street Fighting Man. I would be overjoyed if that was released as an archive show. 

4D97F3F1-A0FF-46E0-878A-C1A67EEDDB3D.jpeg

0748F059-1A8B-454C-9F37-AF90EABB210A.jpeg

A67980BE-857B-4510-9D95-71EA8994A768.jpeg

Are these pics from the 6th july show?

8 minutes ago, audelish70 said:

Are these pics from the 6th july show?

Yes 100%. I’ve got a whole set of professional photos from the 6th July show and several of my own (well ones my mum took - I was too star struck as a 12 year old to use her camera). 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

@doesthisbusstop these photos are absolutely legendary. The first one I've come across a lot, but the second and third one are new to me. 

Please share more if you have more :D 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Wout said:

@doesthisbusstop these photos are absolutely legendary. The first one I've come across a lot, but the second and third one are new to me. 

Please share more if you have more :D 

Sure, will do. I bought a complete set of original prints in 12 x 8 size from photographer Pete Still. He was on the stage and he was only there for the Saturday show of 6th July. Example here. 

E885D801-ACD3-4FC1-B97B-0112E8987C41.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Bruuuuce! 1

My dad snuck a 35mm Canon with a series of different lens Zoom etc plus rolls of film into the Cincinnati BITUSA July 84 shows  pics turned out great as we had prefect seats for the camera angles. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

10 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Wembley 1985 is best known for the 4th July show but Saturday 6th July (my first ever show) had several video footage shots in the Born to Run video and the show included a rarely played Highway Patrolman and even rarer cover of Street Fighting Man. I would be overjoyed if that was released as an archive show. 

4D97F3F1-A0FF-46E0-878A-C1A67EEDDB3D.jpeg

0748F059-1A8B-454C-9F37-AF90EABB210A.jpeg

A67980BE-857B-4510-9D95-71EA8994A768.jpeg

Good shout.  I saw all three of those Wembley shows and I would say that the third show on the Saturday was the best of them. The fourth of July show was great but doesn't deserve its 'legendary' tag.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Sure, will do. I bought a complete set of original prints in 12 x 8 size from photographer Pete Still. He was on the stage and he was only there for the Saturday show of 6th July. Example here. 

E885D801-ACD3-4FC1-B97B-0112E8987C41.jpeg

So where are ya from DoesTheBusStop? You can’t be from the middle of a stadium. Ha ha

Saw The Rolling Stones at OT last year and they were superb but not as good as Springsteen at either Old Trafford. 

• Like 1

On 1/18/2020 at 10:27 AM, rubycatgirl said:

Do you guys think there is any chance Nugs would release the 2019 Stone Pony "Boston College" benefit show (2019-11-16)?
Would love to hear that show and it will be great to have at least one 2019 show...

O yeah, I'm new here - hi everyone!

Unfortunately, I doubt that they will release such show. Would be cool though!

En welkom op het forum! :D 

On 1/3/2020 at 6:24 AM, Spanish Juannie said:

Apart from the radio broadcasts, the remaining shows that circulate as near full or partial soundboards are

Portland OR 24 June

Berkeley CA 1 July (approx half the show) probably multi track exists

Charleston WV 4 Aug

Louisville KY 5 Aug (end of show missing)

Landover MD 15 Aug (video soundtrack)

Philadelphia 19 Aug

Palladium NYC 17 Sept (last song missing)

Passaic NJ 21 Sept (high quality recording)

Landover MD 2 Nov

Richfield OH 31 Dec (encores missing)

Richfield OH 1 Jan 1979 (5 songs)

Whether they consider any of these releasable in 2 track or multi track is anybody's guess.I would love to see the last two released.

19780921_7_back.jpg

Thanks! Looks like an interesting list! Hope they get these out there as the series progresses!

• Like 2

On 1/24/2020 at 12:33 PM, Born To Walk said:

This would be good

Capture.JPG

I hope it’s not this.  Its kinda a mess (Billy doesn’t sound right singing Bruce’s stuff and Bruce is just ok on Billy’s songs) 

it’s also pretty short.  

• Sad 1

I'm still going for 2009 as my guess. As stated earlier, I'd prefer one with more WOAD material for rarity value (I.e. to maximise the potential for some 'never yet in the Archive series' songs) but the smart money would be on a full BTR or DOTEOT album show

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

I'm still going for 2009 as my guess. As stated earlier, I'd prefer one with more WOAD material for rarity value (I.e. to maximise the potential for some 'never yet in the Archive series' songs) but the smart money would be on a full BTR or DOTEOT album show

Please, no more Darkness shows. We've had plenty and there's way too much repetition across those shows.

;)

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2020 at 8:41 PM, Promise61 said:

Good shout.  I saw all three of those Wembley shows and I would say that the third show on the Saturday was the best of them. The fourth of July show was great but doesn't deserve its 'legendary' tag.

I too was at all 3 of those shows (and St James Park) and there wasn't much between ALL of them IMHO - the 3rd had that element of buzz of "first night" the 4th was, well, the 4th July (and that opener) and the 6th had the rarities that DTBS mentioned (with that beautiful Highway Patrolman especially) - but then the 6th did (overall - later on) suffer a little bit in atmosphere terms compared to the other 2 nights I felt due to the earlier start AND therefore finish (was barely dark!).

I know what you mean about the legendary tag but at the same time I'd find it hard to say that the 6th was "better" than the 4th "overall"...……..when I think back to those gigs in my memory aside from Highway Patrolman & Street Fighting Man from the Sat the rest of Sat was "business as usual" but without the same level of atmosphere I thought that the last 90 mins or so in the dark brought - and with lots of repeat attendees (like ourselves) knowing their part for the crowd participation moments I thought the 4th (with it's opener as well) edged the 3rd and therefore for me (if I had to pick) came out on top across the 3 nights by a whisker (even if not legendary)………..but it's all subjective and the fact is all the nights were cracking!        

3 hours ago, BruceWho said:

I too was at all 3 of those shows (and St James Park) and there wasn't much between ALL of them IMHO - the 3rd had that element of buzz of "first night" the 4th was, well, the 4th July (and that opener) and the 6th had the rarities that DTBS mentioned (with that beautiful Highway Patrolman especially) - but then the 6th did (overall - later on) suffer a little bit in atmosphere terms compared to the other 2 nights I felt due to the earlier start AND therefore finish (was barely dark!).

I know what you mean about the legendary tag but at the same time I'd find it hard to say that the 6th was "better" than the 4th "overall"...……..when I think back to those gigs in my memory aside from Highway Patrolman & Street Fighting Man from the Sat the rest of Sat was "business as usual" but without the same level of atmosphere I thought that the last 90 mins or so in the dark brought - and with lots of repeat attendees (like ourselves) knowing their part for the crowd participation moments I thought the 4th (with it's opener as well) edged the 3rd and therefore for me (if I had to pick) came out on top across the 3 nights by a whisker (even if not legendary)………..but it's all subjective and the fact is all the nights were cracking!        

I was lucky to see the 3 shows at Wembley, I felt the 4th just shaded it personally, but Roundhay Park the next day wasn’t too shabby either

It could be the February 5, 1975 Main Point show but it could be something different. 

19 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

Chicago 2009 with the first public version of BTR, would be amazing...hell I was there, it would be outstanding!

Not to spur anything but they've gone longer than normal (off schedule) without an archive, but could it be in prep for an album release? Drop a rare archive one week then the next drop an album or something?

I want either WOAD - November 7th, 2009 (I believe they have it, or at least found it since someone saying that they didn't have the tapes and that's why we got 11.08.09) Still holding out hope though.

or Main Point '75

4 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

It could be the February 5, 1975 Main Point show but it could be something different. 

I'll go with that prediction. 

• Haha 2

15 hours ago, BruceWho said:

I’m just thankful that they put on an extra show on the Saturday. I remember watching TV at home a few months earlier and Harvey Goldsmith was on a UK chat show promoting Bruce and saying due to demand they were putting on an extra show at Wembley. The first two shows had already sold out I believe and as those were evening shows on school nights, the Saturday afternoon show with the early finish was perfect! And it was a hot sunny day. 

I was 12 years old and had recently bought BITUSA on cassette and loved it so much I saved up my paper round money to buy Darkness, The River, BTR, Greetings and WIESS also on cassette. I had no idea Bruce was coming to the UK to tour until Goldsmith spoke about it. Then after the TV programme they put up a box office hotline number and my mum eventually got through and got us 2 tickets. I was mesmerised, overawed and hooked. That 6th July 1985 show was the greatest day of my young life. 

• Like 7