Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 10.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Just been thinking, with everything going on in the world right now and it being the end of times, it's as good a time as any to be really grateful for what we've gotten the last six years.

All hail the Live Downloads project. 

Amen.

• Like 2
5 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Just been thinking, with everything going on in the world right now and it being the end of times, it's as good a time as any to be really grateful for what we've gotten the last six years.

All hail the Live Downloads project. 

I was thinking the same thing.

This 88 one is fantastic. Brings the whole thing into focus.

• Like 4

I am hoping for April, if we get one, for a release in these uncertain times with the Corona virus a show with a lot of hope. 
I personally looking forward to something positive. I am sitting at home because the restaurant where I work has been shut down because of the virus 

• Like 1
35 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Yeah I definitely can't see there being a release in April or the next few months, and until everything gets back to normal it doesn't matter.

Why not, I assume it can be done without many people having to work side by side?

And with all this social distancing, we need it badly.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
46 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Yeah I definitely can't see there being a release in April or the next few months, and until everything gets back to normal it doesn't matter.

I actually see them maybe releasing some sort of a bonus one in the next few months due to the current situation. Not only would it be much appreciated by his fans but also it would be a great business decision. With everyone at home, I think the likelihood of them making more money than usual is high. I don't know, maybe I'm wrong though.

3 hours ago, Silvia said:

Why not, I assume it can be done without many people having to work side by side?

And with all this social distancing, we need it badly.

From what I've seen a majority of America are at home self isolating at the minute, and the impression I've gotten from Nugs is that they mix and master these shows once a month. I'd be shocked if somebody is out working on a live Springsteen concert with how bad everything is. 

Like I said on Thursday, we've gotten a lot the last six years, so I don't think we need a new one. It's time to be appreciative of what we have more than ever. 

Honestly though, I don't feel that great discussing all of this at present given how trivial a matter it is. My mistake with the initial comment.

• Like 1

From what I've seen a majority of America are at home self isolating at the minute, and the impression I've gotten from Nugs is that they mix and master these shows once a month. I'd be shocked if somebody is out working on a live Springsteen concert with how bad everything is. 

Like I said on Thursday, we've gotten a lot the last six years, so I don't think we need a new one. It's time to be appreciative of what we have more than ever. 

Honestly though, I don't feel that great discussing all of this at present given how trivial a matter it is. My mistake with the initial comment.

Yes, it trivial, no doubt about it. But on the other hand, the only step we can take is to lead as normal life as possible, taking all the precautions into consideration. Life and the societies have go on, just under a new set of rules.

I think there's a great level of uncertainty ahead of us, and if anything, Bruce can offer some stability and comfort. I believe we need music to help us to the other side. Also, releasing according to the schedule can be considered as him being supportive, quiting on the other hand might imply giving in. Which I don't think Bruce does. 

• Like 4
9 minutes ago, Silvia said:

But on the other hand, the only step we can take is to lead as normal life as possible, taking all the precautions into consideration. Life and the societies have go on, just under a new set of rules.

Indeed.  Well said.

• Thanks 1

Yeah, it's trivial in the circumstances, especially when above and below it we have posts from two Lakers in the hospitality industry for whom the current situation has made life a lot harder. 

I apologise in advance if anything I type further comes across as insensitive to those facing uncertainty on the employment front, it is not my intention. But along with any feel good boost someone may get from having more live Bruce at this time, internet based businesses like Nugs would also be supporting the economy by keeping to business as usual. I presume given that the majority of Nugs product is purely online ( CD buyers excepted) that their business can largely work online and agile i.e. not necessarily tied to hardware at a specific location. So Altschiller can do his mixes wherever he does them, send them through to Nugs, and they can be uploaded online without Nugs employees needing to be co-located necessarily.

That's all speculative on my part, but if that's the situation Nugs (and other businesses which can similarly keep operating without direct customer contact and even without workers needing to physically be together) should keep doing what they do. Every little bit helps in a time like this.

• Like 4
  • 2 weeks later...

I saw the video with Springsteen and the others about the Corona reliëf fund. And I thought if Nugs is smart they donate the proceeds from the upcoming archive release to that fund. 

Obviously, in the grand scheme of things  a release is insignificant, but it would be nice to get one nevertheless. Being on lock down means having more time to pay attention to it also. Of course, there would be no complaints if there were no release.

• Like 2

I'd say a release next week would be the appropriate gesture.

Maybe this month with the essay written by Bruce. I'm not expecting, or demanding anything, I'm  certainly not looking for Bruce to give me instructions on hand hygiene, or the importance of staying at home.

I'd be more than happy with his recollections of a certain show, similar as he described a Texas BitUSA show in his book.

It doesn't have to be virus related at all. 

• Love Love Love! 1
On 3/9/2020 at 9:41 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Had the urge to listen to "The Price You Pay" from Nassau NYE '80 today and got to thinking again how much I want that Brighton 27/5/81 show released, as well as Cork 2013 (and the rest).

Brighton 27th May 81 would do for me, my first of 188 shows, I was 20 years old, where did all that time go. God bless you Bossman 

• Like 2

A lot of musicians have been recording, releasing, tweeting etc. extra material in the past week as a way of comforting, encouraging, or just keeping up their relationship with fans during this challenging time.  Some are even giving short weekly live facebook shows from their homes (recommended: Susan Werner every Sun at 7 pm ET). 

It would be really nice to get something from Bruce to take our minds off these troubles, even for a little bit.  Hard to believe it would take that much work to release another show, especially when one was scheduled for release to begin with. 

I recall Bruce citing as one of his reasons for writing The Rising running into fans in the aftermath of 9/11 who told him: we really need you now.  These are different circumstances surely, but comparably disquieting.  For a bunch of reasons, I hope that Bruce comes through with an archive release next Fri., and continues staying safe with his family, friends and band.

11 hours ago, Outside Looking In said:

A lot of musicians have been recording, releasing, tweeting etc. extra material in the past week as a way of comforting, encouraging, or just keeping up their relationship with fans during this challenging time.  Some are even giving short weekly live facebook shows from their homes (recommended: Susan Werner every Sun at 7 pm ET). 

It would be really nice to get something from Bruce to take our minds off these troubles, even for a little bit.  Hard to believe it would take that much work to release another show, especially when one was scheduled for release to begin with. 

I recall Bruce citing as one of his reasons for writing The Rising running into fans in the aftermath of 9/11 who told him: we really need you now.  These are different circumstances surely, but comparably disquieting.  For a bunch of reasons, I hope that Bruce comes through with an archive release next Fri., and continues staying safe with his family, friends and band.

I don't think at all that they'd go out of their way to not release something next Friday, it's more so that they won't be able to release anything. Nugs give the impression that they work on these gigs a month at a time, and seeing as America has been locked down for just about a month, it would surprise me if someone has been able to mix and master something at home by themselves.

5 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Regardless of when the next release is, I just hope at some point in the future we get July 6th and/or July 9th, 1981.

My #1 want right now. One with Trapped and Racing. We must have it.

• Love Love Love! 1
17 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

My #1 want right now. One with Trapped and Racing. We must have it.

Just play the Hyde park 2009 dvd they are both on it or rip the audio B)

• Like 1