Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

9 hours ago, Lampi said:

You forgot:

Europe 1981 (continent not U.K.) [also Canada/U.S.A. early 1981 but maybe unlikely shows from that leg were recorded].

2002; but we all know about the technical problemes of The Rising Tour.

Early BUSA shows (pre-New Jersey), like the two famous Alpine Valley shows; Europe 1985 (Milano!).

Spring 1976; Fall 1976; 1995; Europe 1992; Europe 1993; U.S.A. first leg 2005; Europe 2005; Europe 2007; Europe 2008; Europe 2009.

In general: more 'regular' shows instead of all those 'special' shows which Bruce himself seems to like so much. (Not really to complain about that recently, with Nassau 2009 and Detroit 1988).

Well of your list I'm agree with some 1976....is the only I really would add in my list. 

The others...of course would be great to have in our list...but I wouldn't put them as "a must have".

And the same as Philly 2005...for me the best 2 concerts of the tour....but we have got some of the good shows from this tour.

Has anyone mentioned the Vietnam Veterans show from August 1981?

It's a very good show and I'm sure everyone would thoroughly enjoy it.

Fingers crossed then.

• Haha 1
1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

I think they accidentally filed it under Wembley 2002 and now they can't find either of them

• Haha 2
10 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Just realized We have nothing from the old giants stadium (1985, 2003, 2008)

Giants Stadium 1985 will -probably- come in time, at least the shows which were 'source concerts'  for Live 1975-85.

7 hours ago, Rusboud said:

...but I wouldn't put them as "a must have".

My list was indeed somewhat exhaustive...   From your list I would still swap Rising 2003 last leg for a 2002 show.

But that's just my personal preference for solid shows with great performances of the standard set list to shows with rarities and 'special guests'. Of course you can walk the 'middle ground' in this; as the setlists of the European 2003 shows did, with many variations in the setlist from night to night (especially when there were two shows at the some venue), but with most of the basic Rising setlist still intact and not quite the rarities-fest that was the last U.S.A. leg.

And maybe you underestimate the importance of the 1981 European Tour on the continent, also for Bruce and the band themselves.

7 minutes ago, John2871 said:

And the best shows are??

I understand that the Vets show is #1 but after that......

Christmas is once a year! personally i would do anything to have another show from MSG 2000 but, i don't know, they're not very popular here(?)

what might be released (i've posted this on backstreets few days ago) with in bold the best one according this topic (?)

1973 = Max Kansas
1974 = Houston (Liberty Hall; Bottom Line; Harvard
1975 = Hammersmith Odeon; Providence (7/20)
1976 = Palladium
1977 = Boston
1978 = MSG; Detroit; Seattle; Phoenix

1980 = opening show; Oakland; Los Angeles; MSG (11/28); Largo; Austin
1981 = Brendan Byrne; Vet show
1984 = St Paul; Los Angeles; Lincoln (Sugarland!)
1985 = Japan(!); Wembley (4th of July); NJ; Oakland; LA (one more?)
1988 = MSG (5/16); Rosemont; Philadelphia; Indianapolis; East Berlin; Barcelone

1992 = Wembley; Milan; East rutherford; Nassau; Warner studios (remaster with the missing tracks); LA
1993 = Stockholm; Brendan Byrne
1995 = Philadelphia
1996 = Berlin; Asbury Park (11/26)
1997 = Paris
1999 = Barcelone; London; Paris; East Rutherford (8/11;8/12); Boston; Philly (birthday show 9/24); Oakland
2000 = Houston; Toronto; Hartford; Anaheim; Las Vegas; Atlanta; Garden shows(!)

2002 = opening show; St Paul; Paris; Bologna(!); Wembley; one of the 3rd leg(?)
2003 = Somerville; Milan; Boston; Giant Stadium; Shea Stadium; 
2005 = Milan; Rotterdam
2006 = London (st luke's); Holmdel; Wembley; Sheffield; (Dublin); Belfast

2007 = NJ (10/10); Toronto (10/15); Ottawa (10/14); LA (10/30); Paris
2008 = Hartford (2/28); Indianapolis (3/20); Anaheim (4/07); Orlando (4/23); Charlotte (4/27)
2009 = Garden; Glastonbury; San Jose (opening show)
2012 = New Orleans (4/29); Newark (5/02); Paris (July 5!!! July 4); Foxborough (8/18); Pittsburgh (10/27); St Paul (11/12); Anaheim (12/04) 
2013 = Turku (5/08);Leipzig (7/07); Kilkenny (7/28); Santiago (9/12)

• Like 2

2005-10-28 - TD BANKNORTH GARDEN, BOSTON, MA

IDIOT'S DELIGHT / LIVING PROOF / DEVILS & DUST / LONESOME DAY / LONG TIME COMIN' / SILVER PALOMINO / YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) / THE RIVER / TOUGHER THAN THE REST / JOHNNY 99 / PART MAN, PART MONKEY / AIN'T GOT YOU / RENO / NOTHING MAN / ALL THAT HEAVEN WILL ALLOW / RACING IN THE STREET / THE RISING / LUCKY TOWN / JESUS WAS AN ONLY SON / LEAH / THE HITTER / MATAMOROS BANKS / GROWIN' UP / MY BEST WAS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH / THE PROMISED LAND / DREAM BABY DREAM

"The Hitter" returns to the set after a short break. "All That Heaven Will Allow" dedicated to long time fan Obie Dziedzic; "Matamoros Banks" is dedicated to Stan Grossfeld of the Boston Globe. "Idiot's Delight", "Living Proof", "Silver Palomino", "The River", "Tougher Than The Rest", "Nothing Man", and "Racing In The Street" make their final tour appearances. Piano songs are "You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)", "The River", "Tougher Than The Rest", "Racing In The Street", and "Jesus Was An Only Son". "Idiot's Delight" and "Johnny 99" are with the bullet mic. "Living Proof" and "Dream Baby Dream" are on pump organ. "Nothing Man" and "All That Heaven Will Allow" are on electric piano. "Growin' Up" is on ukulele.

this show could have a release. Last song was released professionally plus it was one filmed for the DVD that was promised years ago.  

10 hours ago, Promise61 said:

It's a very good show and I'm sure everyone would thoroughly enjoy it.

Fingers crossed then.

A few times. There may be some interest in that one.

Would love for this one:

2005-06-22 - FORUM KØBENHAVN, COPENHAGEN, DENMARK

Soundcheck: SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY (x2) / MY BEAUTIFUL REWARD / INTO THE FIRE / DEVILS & DUST (x2 and intro) / LONESOME DAY / STRAIGHT TIME / STRAIGHT TIME (alternate version) / PART MAN, PART MONKEY / CADILLAC RANCH / I'M ON FIRE / WORLDS APART / REASON TO BELIEVE

MY BEAUTIFUL REWARD / REASON TO BELIEVE / DEVILS & DUST / EMPTY SKY / LONG TIME COMIN' / SILVER PALOMINO / INCIDENT ON 57TH STREET / TOUGHER THAN THE REST / PART MAN, PART MONKEY / ALL I'M THINKIN' ABOUT / STRAIGHT TIME / I'M ON FIRE / RENO / I WISH I WERE BLIND / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / THE RISING / FURTHER ON (UP THE ROAD) / JESUS WAS AN ONLY SON / THIS HARD LAND / THE HITTER / MATAMOROS BANKS / CADILLAC RANCH / WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS / THE PROMISED LAND / DREAM BABY DREAM

26-song set, including three tour debuts: "Straight Time" (not played since the Joad tour), "Spirit In The Night", and "Wild Billy's Circus Story", the first two in their sole tour performances. Piano songs are "Incident On 57th Street", "Tougher Than The Rest", and "Jesus Was An Only Son". "Reason To Believe" is with the bullet mic. "My Beautiful Reward" and "Dream Baby Dream" are on pump organ. "I Wish I Were Blind" and "Spirit In The Night" are on electric piano (the former is on piano as well). Bruce plays a few bars of Ray Charles's "What'd I Say" before beginning "Spirit In The Night". "I'm On Fire" is on banjo. First ever performances in Denmark of "Reason To Believe", "Devils & Dust", "Long Time Comin'", "Silver Palomino", "Incident On 57th Street", "Part Man, Part Monkey", "All I'm Thinkin' About", "Reno", "I Wish I Were Blind" (also on electric piano), "Spirit In The Night", "Further On (Up The Road)", "Jesus Was An Only Son", "The Hitter", "Matamoros Banks", "Wild Billy's Circus Story", and "Dream Baby Dream".

12 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

2005-10-28 - TD BANKNORTH GARDEN, BOSTON, MA

IDIOT'S DELIGHT / LIVING PROOF / DEVILS & DUST / LONESOME DAY / LONG TIME COMIN' / SILVER PALOMINO / YOU CAN LOOK (BUT YOU BETTER NOT TOUCH) / THE RIVER / TOUGHER THAN THE REST / JOHNNY 99 / PART MAN, PART MONKEY / AIN'T GOT YOU / RENO / NOTHING MAN / ALL THAT HEAVEN WILL ALLOW / RACING IN THE STREET / THE RISING / LUCKY TOWN / JESUS WAS AN ONLY SON / LEAH / THE HITTER / MATAMOROS BANKS / GROWIN' UP / MY BEST WAS NEVER GOOD ENOUGH / THE PROMISED LAND / DREAM BABY DREAM

"The Hitter" returns to the set after a short break. "All That Heaven Will Allow" dedicated to long time fan Obie Dziedzic; "Matamoros Banks" is dedicated to Stan Grossfeld of the Boston Globe. "Idiot's Delight", "Living Proof", "Silver Palomino", "The River", "Tougher Than The Rest", "Nothing Man", and "Racing In The Street" make their final tour appearances. Piano songs are "You Can Look (But You Better Not Touch)", "The River", "Tougher Than The Rest", "Racing In The Street", and "Jesus Was An Only Son". "Idiot's Delight" and "Johnny 99" are with the bullet mic. "Living Proof" and "Dream Baby Dream" are on pump organ. "Nothing Man" and "All That Heaven Will Allow" are on electric piano. "Growin' Up" is on ukulele.

this show could have a release. Last song was released professionally plus it was one filmed for the DVD that was promised years ago.  

it'll probably be released but i don't see Nugs give us this one.. personally i expect a strong show from 2006 or one of the best ESB show unreleased yet.. Nassau 2009 was great last month but, i don't know, i need more rock eletric  music, even if in future, Copenhagen 2005 is REALLY REALLY great (and better than Boston?)

btw (it's a call) if they can release the complete with it, i think i will be the best D&D release of the serie

If they manage to keep these releases going throughout the current restrictions, I'll be happy with whatever they release.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
21 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

what might be released (i've posted this on backstreets few days ago) with in bold the best one according this topic (?)

1973 = Max Kansas
1974 = Houston (Liberty Hall; Bottom Line; Harvard
1975 = Hammersmith Odeon; Providence (7/20)
1976 = Palladium
1977 = Boston
1978 = MSG; Detroit; Seattle; Phoenix

1980 = opening show; Oakland; Los Angeles; MSG (11/28); Largo; Austin
1981 = Brendan Byrne; Vet show
1984 = St Paul; Los Angeles; Lincoln (Sugarland!)
1985 = Japan(!); Wembley (4th of July); NJ; Oakland; LA (one more?)
1988 = MSG (5/16); Rosemont; Philadelphia; Indianapolis; East Berlin; Barcelone

1992 = Wembley; Milan; East rutherford; Nassau; Warner studios (remaster with the missing tracks); LA
1993 = Stockholm; Brendan Byrne
1995 = Philadelphia
1996 = Berlin; Asbury Park (11/26)
1997 = Paris
1999 = Barcelone; London; Paris; East Rutherford (8/11;8/12); Boston; Philly (birthday show 9/24); Oakland
2000 = Houston; Toronto; Hartford; Anaheim; Las Vegas; Atlanta; Garden shows(!)

2002 = opening show; St Paul; Paris; Bologna(!); Wembley; one of the 3rd leg(?)
2003 = Somerville; Milan; Boston; Giant Stadium; Shea Stadium; 
2005 = Milan; Rotterdam
2006 = London (st luke's); Holmdel; Wembley; Sheffield; (Dublin); Belfast

2007 = NJ (10/10); Toronto (10/15); Ottawa (10/14); LA (10/30); Paris
2008 = Hartford (2/28); Indianapolis (3/20); Anaheim (4/07); Orlando (4/23); Charlotte (4/27)
2009 = Garden; Glastonbury; San Jose (opening show)
2012 = New Orleans (4/29); Newark (5/02); Paris (July 5!!! July 4); Foxborough (8/18); Pittsburgh (10/27); St Paul (11/12); Anaheim (12/04) 
2013 = Turku (5/08);Leipzig (7/07); Kilkenny (7/28); Santiago (9/12)

If only half of those shows would be released 

I hope for a 1976 release still, or a BTR tour one, or a late '74 one - or one from summer of 1981 could be great (any and all need to be mixed well of course).

But I don't want a 1974 one; I'd prefer it to a solo one, or, God knows, a Seeger Sessions Band one (or the Other Band - No MORE, please!)

but I was listening to my boot Let The Four Winds Blow on Godfather,

and man, I could not get into it or enjoy it. I agree, it's part of Bruce's history and important that way, but I didn't like it much.

I then listened to Incident In Akron from 1975 and MAN it felt SO much better, and more natural to the Bruce sound or E Street Sound, that I love best.

Anyway just my 2 cents, my personal taste.

Also regarding neglected Bruce history with shows, I would greatly prefer a Bruce Springsteen Band show or a Steel Mill one (note: there IS a multi-track of a Bruce Springsteen Band show, or was, according to Brucebase; however since I read that maybe a couple years ago, I don't exactly know the date or venue!)

Hope it's a great one, whatever it is. (and a band one, no more solo shows PLEASE - not til you get to all these missing or greatly neglected years, and that includes 1974, even if it ain't my favorite Bruce period.

• Like 1

It’s always nice when the first Friday happens to be the 1st day of the month. My hope is an early Magic tour show like Datchforum Milano November 2007 and not just because I was there.

If the recording can capture even a slight semblance of the audience noise that night (the bootlegs are off the scale insane) then it would be a special release. The full band Incident had a stunning Bruce guitar outro. And Reason to believe was bedlam on that GA arena floor. 

5 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

It’s always nice when the first Friday happens to be the 1st day of the month. My hope is an early Magic tour show like Datchforum Milano November 2007 and not just because I was there.

If the recording can capture even a slight semblance of the audience noise that night (the bootlegs are off the scale insane) then it would be a special release. The full band Incident had a stunning Bruce guitar outro. And Reason to believe was bedlam on that GA arena floor. 

I love the boot for that show, so clear

• Love Love Love! 1
24 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

And Reason to believe was bedlam on that GA arena floor. 

Everyone trying to escape from that effing bullet mic by dashing to the toilet / bar?

• Haha 1
21 minutes ago, lilbud said:

I love the boot for that show, so clear

There was an even better audience source which surfaced a few years later than the earlier crystal cat and godfather source. The new audio source was used to dub the audio for this full show video: