Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 10.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

On average we have a (much) lower threshold for buying a Bruce release than the average person on the street

Of course. It just sounded like you think that people overestimate how much these sell - I'm not sure that's true, not that we could ever know unless Nugs or management start releasing sales data.

So what do we, in fact, think, I wonder? I would hope that nobody think these are selling hundreds of thousands of copies. The reality is that it's probably in the same range as any other artist's niche products. One to three thousand per release, maybe?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

Of course. It just sounded like you think that people overestimate how much these sell - I'm not sure that's true, not that we could ever know unless Nugs or management start releasing sales data.

So what do we, in fact, think, I wonder? I would hope that nobody think these are selling hundreds of thousands of copies. The reality is that it's probably in the same range as any other artist's niche products. One to three thousand per release, maybe?

What I did hear was Nugs had to build a larger facility to produce and package CDs due to working with Bruce.

Its free money.

• Like 1

So much has happened in March that I had to check which show was released last month...

Seems ages ago.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

What I did hear was Nugs had to build a larger facility to produce and package CDs due to working with Bruce.

Or maybe that just means that compared to the other Nugs artists, Bruce has the most fans in the age demographic that still require physical media to play their music :lol:

• Haha 1
1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

Or maybe that just means that compared to the other Nugs artists, Bruce has the most fans in the age demographic that still require physical media to play their music :lol:

That was my thought too. :lol: For what it's worth I greatly prefer physical but $23 is a nonstarter when FLAC is a measly $13. 

• Like 2

Completely forgot about it being the first of the month today!

I'm also thinking Devils & Dust. 

Bring it on, can't wait! 

These would be due in the next few months. 
Seeger Sessions (12/1/17) - June 2006 

The Rising (10/5/18) - November 2002, December 2002, July 2003 forward  

Magic (2/1/19) - October 2007, December 2007, April 2008, June 2008 or August 2008. 
Devils & Dust (3/1/19) - May, June or October 2005. 
1992-93 (5/3/19) - July through December 1992  

Born to Run who knows? 
Reunion probably not until fall. 
Tom Joad probably be either end of Reunion. 
what’s left as far as darkness shows (1978)?

5 hours ago, HeroOfVirtue said:

That was my thought too. :lol: For what it's worth I greatly prefer physical but $23 is a nonstarter when FLAC is a measly $13. 

$13 isn't measly anymore (it never was for many people), but $23 plus shipping and tax for a poorly-packaged CD set? with a cover that's just one piece of paper glued across both fronts not even covering the whole covers? Some images look good when you see the images online but what you get sure doesn't look like a Godfather Records cover, i.e. it's just cheap shit, a thin piece of paper glued across cheap shitty cardboard packaging with poorly made, cheap CD-Rs inside. It's not worth the money. Better off buying the FLAC.

• Like 2

What about a late summer Euro 2013 show. I'm not an archivist but I know we have Leeds from that era, but you know, other shows are available. Kilkenny night 1 for example, or perhaps Kilkenny night 2?? 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, risingaurora said:

What about a late summer Euro 2013 show. I'm not an archivist but I know we have Leeds from that era, but you know, other shows are available. Kilkenny night 1 for example, or perhaps Kilkenny night 2?? 

I think that given we’ve just got gothenburg this is unlikely, but I’m sure it will be revisited soon enough!

Happy first Friday, everyone! Where the hell did April go?

• Like 1
3 hours ago, BobbyJames said:

Happy first Friday, everyone! Where the hell did April go?

Speaking personally, April has felt the longest month that I can ever remember. Lockdown in the UK has felt anything but quick. 

• Sad 1
10 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Speaking personally, April has felt the longest month that I can ever remember. Lockdown in the UK has felt anything but quick. 

That’s so strange - I’m also UK based and I’ve just been reading people on social media saying how long it has felt. March, certainly, dragged

Honestly I don’t know why but, for me, it’s just flown by - I’ve had a good routine going throughout the day so it just seems to get to 6pm, and then making and having supper gets you to 7:30, then we’ve had a tonne of those Zoom quizzes which see off the evenings

That said, it has still been a miserable month, as it has been for all - here’s hoping Bruce can brighten us up for a bit by the time it gets to 5pm!

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

It's flown by for me. Had a lot to do in the house and garden, and gave myself a schedule (ish).  Was a good opportunity to catch up on music I'd not listened to in yonks.

• Like 1