Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

3 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

Probably a Reunion Tour show, I'm guessing.

unless someone thinks a Ghost of Tom Joad show would be good?

I'd rather hear the E Street Band with Bruce. Esp. for now. A Ghost show would be depressing.

I think it's a bit too soon for them mate, with the last releases from the tour only coming in October and November. 

A BITUSA show would be amazing, but it's either Dust or Magic, I reckon.

• Like 1

Having changed course last month to find a New Jersey show, I wouldn't expect them to change again to find something that reflects recent events. Its not like they decide these things the night before.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, badlands78 said:

A Seeger Sessions Band show seems long overdue (though I don’t have that stats table), but SSB is always an automatic skip for me.

29 months since last SSB release (December 2017)

The spreadsheet is in my signature.

• Like 1

I was looking forward to tomorrow!! 

On 6/3/2020 at 9:36 AM, Buddhabone said:

He knows more than we do. But in the end he's a fan like us. And a good twitter follow as well.

I could dig a good 2005 show, but in my heart I think another "big" release. Or a magic show. I am really feelin that right now. 

"Its not about magic, its about tricks." G W Bush seems like a statesman compared to trump now. His senior staffers have joined forces to start a group to work to defeat him.

But back on task. D&D works for me.

Prediction: Nashville '08.

But then again...Holy Shit.

2008-04-27 - CHARLOTTE BOBCATS ARENA, CHARLOTTE, NC

Soundcheck: SOULS OF THE DEPARTED / WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY / MARY'S PLACE / DEVILS & DUST

SOULS OF THE DEPARTED / RADIO NOWHERE / NIGHT / THE PROMISED LAND / WILD BILLY'S CIRCUS STORY / REASON TO BELIEVE / GYPSY BIKER / CANDY'S ROOM / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / SHE'S THE ONE / LIVIN' IN THE FUTURE / DARLINGTON COUNTY / GIRLS IN THEIR SUMMER CLOTHES / LOST IN THE FLOOD / DEVIL'S ARCADE / THE RISING / LAST TO DIE / LONG WALK HOME / BADLANDS / THUNDER ROAD / KITTY'S BACK / BORN TO RUN / DANCING IN THE DARK / AMERICAN LAND (with Frank Bruno)

Two premieres make their only tour appearances - "Souls Of The Departed" to open, plus "Wild Billy's Circus Story" as the "old ones for Danny" slot continues. "Cousin" Frank Bruno Jr. of the Sessions Band guests on "American Land". Final tour performance for "Lost In The Flood". "Darlington County" is played by sign request. Patti Scialfa is not present.

This one would be awesome, LOST IN THE FLOOD!!! 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

As in: we need time to get a show together with 41 shots on it. 

That’s also how I read it. 

2 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

As in: we need time to get a show together with 41 shots on it. 

11-12-2002. Opened with it in Cincinnati.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s that one. 

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

11-12-2002. Opened with it in Cincinnati.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s that one. 

So I hear he gave you guys an ass chewin before starting the show!

I hate putting these sort of deadlines on myself, but because of the delay I'll try and get my next Previously from the Springsteen archive review posted in the next few days, if just to give everyone a few minutes to kill. I'm aware I'm saying this assuming everyone/anyone is that bothered, but you never know. 

If you missed the four(!) Springsteen show reviews I wrote in May I'll link them below:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1