Greasy Lake Community

4 minutes ago, 65pacecar said:

11-12-2002. Opened with it in Cincinnati.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s that one. 

So I hear he gave you guys an ass chewin before starting the show!

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

I hate putting these sort of deadlines on myself, but because of the delay I'll try and get my next Previously from the Springsteen archive review posted in the next few days, if just to give everyone a few minutes to kill. I'm aware I'm saying this assuming everyone/anyone is that bothered, but you never know. 

If you missed the four(!) Springsteen show reviews I wrote in May I'll link them below:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
1 hour ago, 65pacecar said:

11-12-2002. Opened with it in Cincinnati.  Wouldn’t be surprised if it’s that one. 

It's clearly THE perfect show for the tragic circumstances...
I personally think that a strong MSG 2000 with Point Blank would be the show to be released too even if there are more "party shows" comparing to Rising shows..

Maybe June 12 2000 (it would coincident with the delay), i am certain that the family of Amadou Diallo was present at the show. June 23 2000 is awesome, but it's clear it will be Cincinatti 2002, there's already a nice IEM circulating.. 

Why not releasing both of them?

5 hours ago, lilbud said:

Release postponed til next week

image.thumb.png.6a956842b44da0e5af87e7f52e0f03a0.png

If this “dialogue” is referring to violent protests and riots, I will gladly wait a week if it means they will end.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
On 6/4/2020 at 3:57 AM, TruthThatRanUsDown said:

Just wanted to stop by with my monthly plea for the Night for the Vietnam Veterans show... 

I thought I heard in the Flynn Podcast series that the assumption is now that they don't have it....

11 hours ago, 65pacecar said:

than they have to overcome the technical issues they have with the rising recordings. They used different technology to record the rising tour and lacked to transfer them in time. That would be an explanation for the lack of rising tour archive releases (source: None But The Brave podcast series by Flynn)

• Like 1
1 hour ago, JaHoe said:

than they have to overcome the technical issues they have with the rising recordings. They used different technology to record the rising tour and lacked to transfer them in time. That would be an explanation for the lack of rising tour archive releases (source: None But The Brave podcast series by Flynn)

Did they ever explain how they managed to overcome these technical issues for the Helsinki 2003 release? It would be interesting to know how they managed to do it once, but haven't tried again.

3 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Did they ever explain how they managed to overcome these technical issues for the Helsinki 2003 release? It would be interesting to know how they managed to do it once, but haven't tried again.

One theory is that the amount of effort involved means that it isn't cost effective to do it.

• Sad 1
1 hour ago, bobfan1976 said:

Depressingly, that makes sense. So, it can be done, it just isn’t worth it.

We could initiate a crowdfunding and propose to the Springsteen management  to have some guys like JEMS etc work on the stuff to get them out :)

• Like 1
54 minutes ago, JaHoe said:

We could initiate a crowdfunding and propose to the Springsteen management  to have some guys like JEMS etc work on the stuff to get them out :)

Crowd funding? With all of Bruce's enormous wealth? Let's pay for Bruce Inc's cock up so that he can make some more money.

He could finance it himself and absorb the loss, if there actually turns out to be one.

4 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I was expecting an acoustic show or Seeger show for this months release but I’m not now. An ESB show with American Skin is a sure certainty. 

That was also my bet. I guess now Atlanta or one from MSG stand 2000

53 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

After seeing the talk about June 12th, 2000 I decided to take a look at the setlist. 

Bring it on. 

Code of Silence and 41 shots. Perfect! But don't we already have that show. 7/00, even Further on up  would be on both. 

• Like 1
22 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Code of Silence and 41 shots. Perfect! But don't we already have that show. 7/00, even Further on up  would be on both. 

Not gonna lie, I thought the same as you when I first glanced at it. 

But then I thought about the context and the significance of the release. And when I looked at it again I noticed it wasn't identical: Versions of "Be True", "Point Blank", "Roll of the Dice" and "Dancing in the Dark" from the year 2000 would be great additions to the collection. 

I'm aware the second sentence is essentially trivial in the grand scheme of things, but hopefully there's nothing wrong with discussing the songs played in the show as well as how culturally important the release would be. 

20 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I hate putting these sort of deadlines on myself, but because of the delay I'll try and get my next Previously from the Springsteen archive review posted in the next few days, if just to give everyone a few minutes to kill. I'm aware I'm saying this assuming everyone/anyone is that bothered, but you never know. 

If you missed the four(!) Springsteen show reviews I wrote in May I'll link them below:

Albany and Rochester '77

It's a shame we just had a 2012 release, making Limerick 2013 highly unlikely. It's the show Bruce dedicated "American Skin" to Trayvon Martin, and also includes a timely "My Hometown" and Wrecking Ball three-pack (plus "Jack of All Trades"). It also has a full album performance of BTR, a rare "Drive All Night" in the encores, and tour debuts of "This Little Light of Mine" and "Ain't Too Proud to Beg" covers. If the preshow was recorded, that would mean we'd also get an acoustic "Does This Bus Stop at 82nd St," solo piano "For You," and the first "Hearts of Stone" at an E Street show.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Not gonna lie, I thought the same as you when I first glanced at it. 

But then I thought about the context and the significance of the release. And when I looked at it again I noticed it wasn't identical: Versions of "Be True", "Point Blank", "Roll of the Dice" and "Dancing in the Dark" from the year 2000 would be great additions to the collection. 

I'm aware the second sentence is essentially trivial in the grand scheme of things, but hopefully there's nothing wrong with discussing the songs played in the show as well as how culturally important the release would be. 

I've listened (maybe a bit too much) these 10 MSG shows because (i guess) every bruce's fans has his period!

Sincerely, i don't think they would release June 12 2000 for its quality.. I mean the classics reunion song played isn't very comparable to the very last shows of NY 2000 but they are still nice (especially 10th avenue)! 

The "rarities" like Be true, Point Blank, Dancing in the Dark, Roll of the Dice really worth the price, and there is maybe the best Backstreets of the tour. 

In terms of quality, if i have to pick one show from MSG 2000, June 23 would be better: we never have a release from Reunion with Jungleland (and even more with Meeting Across the river, which was really great this night) and we still have American skin (a bit more worked than the "early" version) and Point Blank (nice but not better than the first night)

• Like 2

I wonder if a single song would be enough to qualify it for a release. Sure, it would be timely, and have an impact. But if that is the only reason for release, then I'm not so sure.

• Like 1