Greasy Lake Community

did anyone think of the option of a 92/93 release with the No Justice/No Peace shouting during 57 channels, which is referring to the Los Angeles riots ?

• Like 2
  • Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

Whatever we'll be getting tomorrow, will come with a sharp message, at least I hope so. I think he already 'used' 41 Shots very efficiently in his latest radio show, so I don't necessarily think a show with American Skin is a given. I'd love to be surprised and hope for something strong.   

• Like 1

I know it won't be the show, but since tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the (probably) most publicised and famous playing of American Skin, and seeing that current circmstances are what they are...I wouldn't be surprised if the first NYC 2000 show was released.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Dr. Zoom said:

I know it won't be the show, but since tomorrow is the 20th anniversary of the (probably) most publicised and famous playing of American Skin, and seeing that current circmstances are what they are...I wouldn't be surprised if the first NYC 2000 show was released.

God you're right - I'd be shocked if it wasn't released

2 hours ago, JaHoe said:

did anyone think of the option of a 92/93 release with the No Justice/No Peace shouting during 57 channels, which is referring to the Los Angeles riots ?

Hopefully not for me 92/93 has been fully covered. 

• Like 1
20 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Y'know, the absence of a 1984/85 version is starting to become very noticeable amongst the gems we've gotten from this project

If they have this one, it would be amazing to get it as soon as possible: https://www.setlist.fm/setlist/bruce-springsteen/1984/oakland-alameda-county-coliseum-arena-oakland-ca-bd7b11e.html

I would throw this in the ring, especially for the story at the beginning and end

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Man, some of those early midwest 1984 shows were damn gems. It'd be awfully swell if we could get a few. 

Kansas City Night would definitely be the big one, though maybe throw in 11/08 tempe and 11/04 LA

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Kansas City Night would definitely be the big one, though maybe throw in 11/08 tempe and 11/04 LA

Those would be awesome. I would also mention Oakland 10/21, it's full of great performances and gems. A 5-song sequence from the 'Nebraska' album, 'Point Blank', 'Racing In The Street'... 'Follow That Dream' in the encores and all. That would be another good one. 

Comparing the setlists alone there's more to the Oakland show than Kansas City. 

U.S.A. World Tour versions of "Who'll Stop The Rain", "Reason to Believe", "Mansion on the Hill", "State Trooper", "Point Blank", that "Racing in the Street" above and "Follow That Dream" are screaming to be heard officially if they're in the vault. 

• Like 1

I'd hate to see "American Skin (41 Shots)" become Bruce's "Candle In The Wind."  As a song written about a particular event, it was most powerful and meaningful in its original context, and in my opinion it needn't be diluted by trying to over-apply the song to events that didn't inspire its writing.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Scott Peterson said:

Man, some of those early midwest 1984 shows were damn gems. It'd be awfully swell if we could get a few. 

I was at the July 5.6 1984 shows in Cincinnati which was second stop on the tour,  Some of the best Bruce shows I have ever witnessed, absolutely incredible.

Also the December 1984 Lexington Show was excellent with the included My Old KY Home and Santa Clause.

38 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

I'd hate to see "American Skin (41 Shots)" become Bruce's "Candle In The Wind."  As a song written about a particular event, it was most powerful and meaningful in its original context, and in my opinion it needn't be diluted by trying to over-apply the song to events that didn't inspire its writing.

If it became Bruce's "Blowin' In The Wind", I'd be okay with that.

3 hours ago, driveallnight89 said:

I would be shocked if it wasn’t the first show of the MSG 2000 stand, but I’m totally happy with a 92 show featuring I wish I was blind. 

I guess Atlanta would be good too, but no show will be more fitting on this Friday than MSG 1 2000. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

leads me to believe now that it won't have any significance to the current events of the world. 

Wow! That's now two of us!

• Haha 1
34 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Luckytwn's post over on BTX from last night leads me to believe now that it won't have any significance to the current events of the world. 

I back to thinking D&D so let's go 

I think you can find significance to the current events in almost all of his songs.

His message is well spread throughout his career, sometimes it's just more subtle, and you have to listen more carefully. Like the Roxy Thunder Road intro, for example. 

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

I predict that we will be getting a show where Bruce Springsteen plays his songs. 100% sure of that.

Now that you've said that, this month's release is going to be a Southside Johnny/Little Steven show

• Like 1
  • Haha 1