• Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

11 minutes ago, Wout said:

So we're all expecting BITUSA this Friday? I for sure wouldn't mind that... 

I'm not expecting anything this Friday as it will still be July.

• Haha 2

Really looking forward to the next archive release. Hope it is either one of the following:

-Atlanta 1978

- East Rutherford 1984 (preferably with 'Trapped' and 'Racing In The Street)

- Magic Tour concert (preferably one from June-August 2008)

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I'm not expecting anything this Friday as it will still be July.

Ooh oops!! I could have sworn it was already August, my bad :D 

So the last couple of months I've been downloading every archive release, how do you guys organize your collection? Sort them by year, sort them in the order they were released, by favorite releases, etc? Man this stuff is addicting.

8 minutes ago, Perisic said:

So the last couple of months I've been downloading every archive release, how do you guys organize your collection? Sort them by year, sort them in the order they were released, by favorite releases, etc? Man this stuff is addicting.

Sort by date in the YYYY-MM-DD order. That way, they show up at the top of Musicbee

Sidenote: I vote that they change the archive release to "first of the month", rather than first friday. Because the first friday of august isn't until next week

• Like 3
20 minutes ago, Perisic said:

102428317_Screenshot2020-07-27at20_26_57.thumb.png.f50e692a981dc7f1f046ed797b38665e.png

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I mean, I kinda agree, but First Friday has such a good ring to it.

.... and very conveniently always seems to fall at the same time of the week.

• Like 1
29 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Sort by date in the YYYY-MM-DD order. That way, they show up at the top of Musicbee

Sidenote: I vote that they change the archive release to "first of the month", rather than first friday. Because the first friday of august isn't until next week

I also sort by date like that. 

• Like 1

The chances are high, but not certain,  that the new download will have a version of Born To Run on it.

Erik will also declare it to be one of the most amazing things that he's ever heard and that he did actually faint when he heard that rare version of (pick any song).

• Like 2
43 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

The chances are high, but not certain,  that the new download will have a version of Born To Run on it.

Erik will also declare it to be one of the most amazing things that he's ever heard and that he did actually faint when he heard that rare version of (pick any song).

You have inside information from Erik who writes the blogs from Nugs  site ?

On 7/27/2020 at 8:08 PM, Perisic said:

My new car plays HD FLAC files in the SD card slot up to 24 bit 96 khz. I have a 256 gig SD card full of live archives in date order by touchscreen. The sound is phenomenal and the choice is mouthwatering every time I go for a drive. I could never play them all but it is an addictive collection having such a library. 

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Marnix said:

You have inside information from Erik who writes the blogs from Nugs  site ?

Inside information it will be a fantastic show, an unique performance in the long live history of Bruce Springsteen & The E Street Band [assuming it will be an ESB show] with some versions of some songs that could qualify as the definitieve performance of that certain song.

And some of it or even all may even be true (like when it is Atlanta 1978), but...

• Like 2
8 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

My new car plays HD FLAC files in the SD card slot up to 24 bit 96 khz. I have a 256 gig SD card full of live archives in date order by touchscreen. The sound is phenomenal and the choice is mouthwatering every time I go for a drive. I could never play them all but it is an addictive collection having such a library. 

Hi what car do you have?

6 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

A VW Tiguan 

Alright, putting that on my list of cars I want someday.

My car (older civic), does Radio only. It was possible to get a cassette deck or CD player, but my granddad didn't spring for that.

• Like 1

release date

• Like 1

I just put them into iTunes and view them in Albums and play them from there on my Mac or Phone. 

Yes it is addictive I suppose but it's great knowing that I can just play any of these great gigs in top quality anytime & anywhere.

Screenshot_2020-07-29_at_16_11_20.png

• Like 2
On 7/27/2020 at 3:08 PM, Perisic said:

image.thumb.png.d1cb541fbf0b423a75b031154174f471.png

• Like 2