musicdav24

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

36 minutes ago, Outside Looking In said:

With a few recent releases, the Archives folks have really hyped that a set list included a great, early Bruce song (like Incident or NYC Serenade), albeit from  much more recent shows.

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to offer shows from that era to begin with?  I promise you, it's even better to hear a mid-70s version of Incident or NYCS than to hear even a great reinterpretation from decades later.

I'm glad we have the Archive series, but its failure to include more shows from Bruce's most important period (1974-78) borders on criminal.  Dozens of post-'78 shows, exactly 4 pre-'78 shows.  No one should seriously entertain releasing more Magic, Joad, WOAD, etc. shows until they make major headway rectifying this inexplicable imbalance.  And please spare me the "they just don't have that many older shows" reply - as others have often pointed out, they surely have far more than these 4 available. 

I agree with most of your post regarding those songs often being superior in the '70s, though I enjoy all versions available. The question is how many multitracks they have from the '74-'78 period. I have wondered if, for example, the rest of that short European trip in 1975 was recorded that way. I don't doubt that they have many soundboards, and personally I don't mind those, but I've read that sales weren't that good for the two 1977 soundboards they released. 

6 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

I would love another 75-76-77 show. But not if it's like that 77 Albany/Rochester thing that I paid for and then deleted it. 

I wish Nugs had a feature for rental of shows.  Like, $0.99 for one (and only one) complete listen, with an option to buy if you like it.

Of course this is ridiculous in the digital age but there are a few shows that I'd like to return.

2 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

I wish Nugs had a feature for rental of shows.  Like, $0.99 for one (and only one) complete listen, with an option to buy if you like it.

Of course this is ridiculous in the digital age but there are a few shows that I'd like to return.

I learned my lesson on that 77 show, that I would listen on ESR first before buying anymore. Or a tour I have no interest in at all, 88, 96, 05, 06

1 hour ago, Outside Looking In said:

With a few recent releases, the Archives folks have really hyped that a set list included a great, early Bruce song (like Incident or NYC Serenade), albeit from  much more recent shows.

Wouldn't it make a lot more sense to offer shows from that era to begin with?  I promise you, it's even better to hear a mid-70s version of Incident or NYCS than to hear even a great reinterpretation from decades later.

I'm glad we have the Archive series, but its failure to include more shows from Bruce's most important period (1974-78) borders on criminal.  Dozens of post-'78 shows, exactly 4 pre-'78 shows.  No one should seriously entertain releasing more Magic, Joad, WOAD, etc. shows until they make major headway rectifying this inexplicable imbalance.  And please spare me the "they just don't have that many older shows" reply - as others have often pointed out, they surely have far more than these 4 available. 

I don't know... I find some of the late career versions of his early songs pretty amazing...

• Like 2

On 8/3/2020 at 6:25 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Getting close to the end of my Apollo 2012 review and I'm starting to really look forward to Friday and what it'll bring. Excited to listen to it and write about whatever wonders it brings.

I hope it isn't delayed for whatever reason. The First Friday of July feels so long ago. 

I guess I jinxed it. Sorry everyone. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Outside Looking In said:

It doesn’t negate the fact that a: Bruce has played.a lot more shows post ‘78 and probably even post ‘88, and that more shows will have been recorded. Of course they are going to parcel those earlier shows out. You’ll get them eventually, you’ll just have to be more patient.
I’m as interested in anything post ‘88 as anything before. In fact anything pre-80 doesn’t hold much appeal so labelling ‘74-78 as the ‘most important’ is purely subjective. I have a list of things I wish the Archive series would do differently, but the ratio of shows isn’t on it.

• Like 1

On 8/5/2020 at 8:00 PM, BossfanNL said:

Also they do release every 5 years I noticed. 

Darkness box was scheduled for 2008 -30 years anniversary just like Born To Run box- but then it took more time than expected, and the Magic tour also lasted longer as expected, it seems. Then 2009 followed with WOAD album and tour-and then it was suddenly 2010, 32 years anniversary.

You could say it was worth the wait.

But some pundits could say it took so long because Bruce needed more time to overdub 1977-1978 music with 2010 vocals.

4 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Darkness box was scheduled for 2008 -30 years anniversary just like Born To Run box- but then it took more time than expected, and the Magic tour also lasted longer as expected, it seems. Then 2009 followed with WOAD album and tour-and then it was suddenly 2010, 32 years anniversary.

You could say it was worth the wait.

But some pundits could say it took so long because Bruce needed more time to overdub 1977-1978 music with 2010 vocals.

I asked Sony today to provide details so we can publish on Brucebase

no more rumors

let's see what their reply is

I can them picking up the phone and calling Landau right now

From Backstreets:

News Updated August 6, 2020

SEVEN NIGHTS TO WAIT TO ROCK
August's First Friday shifted to Second Friday
Due to a minor production issue, the Archive Series release for this month is delayed by one week, now scheduled for Friday, August 14. Let us all find solace in our collective, speculative grousing.
- August 6, 2020

On 8/5/2020 at 12:57 PM, BossfanNL said:

I agree with most of your post regarding those songs often being superior in the '70s, though I enjoy all versions available. The question is how many multitracks they have from the '74-'78 period. I have wondered if, for example, the rest of that short European trip in 1975 was recorded that way. I don't doubt that they have many soundboards, and personally I don't mind those, but I've read that sales weren't that good for the two 1977 soundboards they released. 

There was once a post on Backstreets a couple of years ago, I think it was? where the announcement was that their next project they were working on was a bunch of 1978 shows, and I'm sure there are still shows from '78 that have not been released (not counting the obvious 9/21/78 show).

I bet there are also old shows just rotting away - they don't care, Bruce, Landau - only the fans do.

Faith will be rewarded? Not if it's talking about being a Springsteen fan.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, soulcrusader78 said:

Ha'way man, next week will be the 179th live concert released in six years.

I know that we're all still wanting many select shows and that we want 'em now, but don't act like they're not rewarding our fandom or anything like that. 

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

This is a thrilling statistics. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Silvia said:

This is a thrilling statistics. 

Staggering when you see it written down, isn't it? 

The fact that all of what's available is available and how these delays always highlight our human desire for more continues to fascinate me. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, risingaurora said:

Thrilling and eh...a number pulled from thin air. Calm jets. 

Yeah, I made a mistake with the High Hopes releases thinking there were 31, there's only 30. 

So that means:

57 (from Friday 14th of course) concerts in the Archive Series + 30 concerts from 2014 + 89 concerts from 2016 - 17 + Springsteen on Broadway Western Stars: Songs From The Film = 178. 

Apologies for the Fake News with #179. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 3

26 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Yeah, I made a mistake with the High Hopes releases thinking there were 31, there's only 30. 

So that means:

57 (from Friday 14th of course) concerts in the Archive Series + 30 concerts from 2014 + 89 concerts from 2016 - 17 + Springsteen on Broadway Western Stars: Songs From The Film = 178. 

Apologies for the Fake News with #179. 

Casual fan.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I know that we're all still wanting many select shows and that we want 'em now, but don't act like they're not rewarding our fandom or anything like that. 

Oh, Okely Dokely!

:lol:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

There was once a post on Backstreets a couple of years ago, I think it was? where the announcement was that their next project they were working on was a bunch of 1978 shows, and I'm sure there are still shows from '78 that have not been released (not counting the obvious 9/21/78 show).

I bet there are also old shows just rotting away - they don't care, Bruce, Landau - only the fans do.

Being also an Elvis Presley fan I can relate to this sentiment. With Elvis it's the same. We should be careful though that the difference between knowing, or thinking, what's in the vault and what is released doesn't tamper with one's appreciation for what is released in the end. 

On 8/3/2020 at 8:44 PM, lilbud said:

I think that all of Wrecking Ball was recorded, just in case they wanted to do something with it later.

Turns out I might have been right. Stumbled across a video with John Cooper, Bruce's Front of House mixer for the Wrecking Ball tour. He mentions that "we record every single show out here, we do two full multitrack captures out here."

Gave a quick look on the Live site, John is listed as "Recorded by" at least as early as 2005. So that opens the door to the possibility that they may have been recording all shows since then

• Like 3

Hey -

why not THIS?

This show:

I mean,

some dude (or woman) ready to pay 120 bucks for it? (Shit, Columbia are fools, no, LANDAU is a fool not to release it officially. Ain't no anniversary date needed.

HEY BRUCE!

Release this and another '70s one this month, mixed well or from two track, and I think most of us would buy them.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Hey man we all make mistakes from time to time :lol::lol:

I know you're only human, and men they make mistakes. ;)

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lilbud said:

Turns out I might have been right. Stumbled across a video with John Cooper, Bruce's Front of House mixer for the Wrecking Ball tour. He mentions that "we record every single show out here, we do two full multitrack captures out here."

Gave a quick look on the Live site, John is listed as "Recorded by" at least as early as 2005. So that opens the door to the possibility that they may have been recording all shows since then

I think it's a reasonable assumption that everything since 2005 has been recorded, however how it's been looked after since then is the question. For example, at the time the 2009 River show was released I think Nugs or Bruce's organisation stated the recording for the WIESS show from 2009 wasn't available. 

3 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

Hey -

why not THIS?

This show:

I mean,

some dude (or woman) ready to pay 120 bucks for it? (Shit, Columbia are fools, no, LANDAU is a fool not to release it officially. Ain't no anniversary date needed.

HEY BRUCE!

Release this and another '70s one this month, mixed well or from two track, and I think most of us would buy them.

I believe this is another one where either Nugs or Bruce Inc have confirmed there is no multi track recording available. But, I agree, this is an absolutely essential show. I'm sure they could enhance even the existing bootleg with professional equipment to make this worthwhile.

9 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

No more from '78. Make it stop.

• Like 1