1 hour ago, Okely Dokely said:

Thanks for this. I didn’t realize they were consistent for two years, then there have been 6 delays in the past year. So, like, since August 2019, they’ve been on time 50% of the time.

Yeah, I think soon enough it'll be 'confirmed' that First Friday isn't a guarantee anymore but rather an aim that they'll try to hit. 

Regardless, it'll still be great to have shows released though!

• Like 1
  • Replies 10.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

39 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Its funny Flynn and Hal don't want us to assume its a BTR show...I want a Magic show. 

2 minutes ago, lilbud said:

The way they've openly denied it makes me think that this release will be a BTR show. Not just because of the podcast.

If it really isn't, they shouldn't have replied and just stayed quiet.

I read that tweet as more of a "we're in the know, but we don't know for certain and it's more likely they'll release something from a tour they have lots of options for".

I'm excited to listen to and write about whatever it is. At the moment I'm thinking it'll be something from 1992/93. 

There will be magic, even if it's not going to be Magic.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
8 minutes ago, Silvia said:

There will be magic.

When there is magic in the night, it is not important if it waves of sways.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2

A bit early to have Tom Joad in August?

Btw i think there was "only" 8 delays with this one (including 3 from the Christmas period) so it isn't that bad even if this year it"s the 2 one with Stockholm 05

8 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

A bit early to have Tom Joad in August?

In my opinion Joad's mood is more suitable for autumn, winter. Let's say November. The lowest you feel, before the Christmas parody takes over...

• Like 1
12 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I read that tweet as more of a "we're in the know, but we don't know for certain and it's more likely they'll release something from a tour they have lots of options for".

I'm excited to listen to and write about whatever it is. At the moment I'm thinking it'll be something from 1992/93. 

Really hope you are right as mentioned earlier how I would love lots more from both BITUSA and 92/93.  

But with all the BTR talk, I checked your schedule of releases and Roxy 75 was released back in Oct 2018 so perhaps it really will be a BTR show. If so, I hope it has more of the great covers that tour was renowned for; think it’s gonna work out fine or ain’t too proud to beg perhaps...

Still hoping for BITUSA or Lucky Touch though.  Sheffield 93 would be a great shout.

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Silvia said:

In my opinion Joad's mood is more suitable for autumn, winter. Let's say November. The lowest you feel, before the Christmas parody takes over...

I remember the Joad show I saw was around Thanksgiving week in 1995. That crisp air with a hint of coolness to it. Its perfect. The desert is beautiful that time of year. I am sure our departed friend Jerseyfornia would have words to support this. 

This music is just essential now, Joad, Magic, The Rising are on my mind. Those forgotten people struggling for life. He gives them voices. He gives them life. We see them in our world. Empathy is born here. Understanding. Thinking of the Vets burning thier cycles in the ravine. Poor folks finding solace in the River. A Dream is never a lie. 

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 5
2 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I remember the Joad show I saw was around Thanksgiving week in 1995. That crisp air with a hint of coolness to it. Its perfect. The desert is beautiful that time of year. I am sure our departed friend Jerseyfornia would have words to support this. 

This music is just essential now, Joad, Magic, The Rising are on my mind. Those forgotten people struggling for life. He gives them voices. He gives them life. We see them in our world. Empathy is born here. Understanding. Thinking of the Vets burning thier cycles in the ravine. Poor folks finding solace in the River. A Dream is never a lie. 

Jerseyfonia, departed?

15 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

He was banned.

Really? I did not know that. He's a good bloke. Great loss to the community in that case.

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1
15 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Permanently ?

He wouldn't return if the mods begged him to. He's a man of principles.

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
8 minutes ago, Silvia said:

He wouldn't return if the mods begged him to. He's a man of principles.

Well, he may be banned and unable to communicate with us, but if you're still visiting us Richard, we hope all is well.

• Like 8
45 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I want to both like this and react with the sad face. It's such a shame. 

I’m still slowly working through his books great writer 

• Like 4
2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Speaking of absentees,  not seen a post a post from Pregnant Sally Kay in a while. Has she been cuffed too?

Sally/Kay and Tom Joad both left in a huff about JF. I don't believe they were ban, just pissed.

37 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

Sally/Kay and Tom Joad both left in a huff about JF. I don't believe they were ban, just pissed.

Ooh. Ok. Thanks. More losses to the community. 

Great shame, especially as Backstreets is less militant these days and more user friendly.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I want to both like this and react with the sad face. It's such a shame. 

It's a mind boggling paradox for me. I have never missed a person I have not actually met in my life as much as I miss him. His thoughts, his writings... 

• Like 3
  • Hug 1
6 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Hey, Buddhabone...

I'm going to fly to California one day, and you're going to buy us two tickets for a Bruce Springsteen concert, and we'll cry & laugh & dance together that night...

Is it a deal?

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Silvia said:

Hey, Buddhabone...

I'm going to fly to California one day, and you're going to buy us two tickets for a Bruce Springsteen concert, and we'll cry & laugh & dance together that night...

Is it a deal?

Anytime. It will be awesome.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1