Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

I’d like to see. 
8/14: 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007 or 2008  

9/4: 1978 (if anything’s left) or whatever we don’t get on Friday  

10/2: 1992 Or whatever we don’t get Friday  

11/6: 1995/96  

12/4: Whatever we don’t get in August or September  

12/23: Either a repeat or a non tour appearance. 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

5 hours ago, Bosstralian said:

I'd been wondering about JF and hoping he was ok.

Put me down as another who misses his contribution to our discourse...

Ditto. Didn't know he was gone from the board until just now, a real shame that he is.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

20 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

He was banned.

Crumbs.  Is it a breach of etiquette or confidentiality to ask why?  JF always wrote so passionately and eloquently that I can’t imagine him being banned... Hope he is safe and well in his beloved desert badlands

• Like 6
  • Love Love Love! 1

8 hours ago, Karembu said:

Crumbs.  Is it a breach of etiquette or confidentiality to ask why?  JF always wrote so passionately and eloquently that I can’t imagine him being banned... Hope he is safe and well in his beloved desert badlands

With everything that people write about him I feel like I lost someone who I even never met or read a post from :(

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Karembu said:

Have no idea. He's gone.

15 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Have no idea. He's gone.

Something went down a while back. I guess he was warned not to write about a certain topic anymore but kept doing so? Something like that. Someone made some reference to it in a thread so I went to see when the last time he had posted was, and underneath his name it said “banned.“

I wrote Kay to see if she had any idea what had happened, and she didn’t, but said she thought she might also be getting banned soon.
And now, to quote the walrus, it’s all this.

1 minute ago, TomorrowNeverKnows said:

Im a new member here and was wondering if any rumors in the past was correct regarding upcoming releases or is this just a pointless guessing game :)

Occasionally something has slipped out shortly before release. A couple of times E Street Radio announced it a couple of days early. But, essentially it is a wish list and guessing game thread. I wouldn't go so far as to call it pointless, its point is to keep us amused whilst waiting.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

4 minutes ago, TomorrowNeverKnows said:

Im a new member here and was wondering if any rumors in the past was correct regarding upcoming releases or is this just a pointless guessing game :)

No it's just a bunch of fun talk. Something may cut loose tomorrow morning before the release.

Edit or what Born to Walk said.:D

3 minutes ago, TomorrowNeverKnows said:

It’s a guessing game, but far from pointless :-) I’m predicting, or guessing, a Seeger show tomorrow although I’d like a Magic tour release, or The Rising...

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

1 minute ago, Born To Walk said:

Occasionally something has slipped out shortly before release. A couple of times E Street Radio announced it a couple of days early. But, essentially it is a wish list and guessing game thread. I wouldn't go so far as to call it pointless, its point is to keep us amused whilst waiting.

Yes...I wrote pointless but also fun :)

32 minutes ago, TomorrowNeverKnows said:

Im a new member here and was wondering if any rumors in the past was correct regarding upcoming releases or is this just a pointless...but fun... guessing game :)

Last two releases have leaked a few hours early owing to NUGS uploading Erik Flanagan's accompanying essay to their site (and publishing it when Europeans are awake!). I'd be both surprised and not surprised if that happened again for a third month running tomorrow ;)

Given the premiere of Heatwave from Detroit 9/21/03 during Steve's webcast, I'm going for that as my guess.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

397 pages of utter shite

Note to self: Don't do it. Please don't do it.

Self: Bugger it. I'm going to do it!

Over 300 of them are written by you

Note to self: What did you have to go and say that for

Self: I just couldn't resist!

:rolleyes:^_^:ph34r::P

• Haha 7

I’d like to see. 
8/14: 2002, 2003, 2006, 2007 or 2008  

9/4: 1978 (if anything’s left) or whatever we don’t get on Friday  

10/2: 1992 Or whatever we don’t get Friday  

11/6: 1995/96  

12/4: Whatever we don’t get in August or September  

12/23: Either a repeat or a non tour appearance. 

On August 12, 2020 at 9:40 AM, Karembu said:

Wow....I had sent him a PM  on July 3rd having noticed his absence and did not receive a reply......sorry to hear that he was banned......and Kay also ? ....we had joined within a week of each other after the release of magic......both had such passion for the music ......hopefully they will be back soon .....

• Like 2
  • Sad 1

3 minutes ago, Early North Jersey said:

Wow....I had sent him a PM  on July 3rd having noticed his absence and did not receive a reply......sorry to hear that he was banned......and Kay also ? ....we had joined within a week of each other after the release of magic......both had such passion for the music ......hopefully they will be back soon .....

@Scott Peterson and Bob, JF is on face book Richard Holman - i only joined FB because of this incident and also Billy

if you would like JF's email address please PM me, im sure he would love to hear from you 

• Like 1