Greasy Lake Community

1 minute ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

The thought of writing about all 4 shows is a good one.

The thought of mustering up forty quid for them on the other hand...

I might just get 2 now and get the other 2 later if they have another sale later this year.

The bundles for 1977 and Winterland are similar prices in USD. And winterland is 2 three hour shows, while 1977 is only around 3 hours combined. I hope the bundle won't be $40. Might be around 35

• Like 1
  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

5 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

but that implies the list is done manually

Probably the better choice to have someone go into the site and update the list manually, less chance for error.

Also might be too much work to have the site auto update based on the newest release.

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, lilbud said:

I might just get 2 now and get the other 2 later if they have another sale later this year.

The bundles for 1977 and Winterland are similar prices in USD. And winterland is 2 three hour shows, while 1977 is only around 3 hours combined. I hope the bundle won't be $40. Might be around 35

Bookmarked for when this happens and you're onto the third show within nine hours ;)

I did momentarily forget about the benefits of bundles, but still...

7 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Bookmarked for when this happens and you're onto the third show within nine hours ;)

I did momentarily forget about the benefits of bundles, but still...

I mean, depending on the weather, I might be in my workshop working on shit and I'll just load up all the shows on my phone and just have them playing in the background.

Did that a few days ago for Agora, had it blasting on a speaker while I was working.

• Like 2

Unpopular opinion warning:

As the circulating tapes of the Boston 1977 shows are excellent, especially for the era, could a soundboard of another, lesser known 1977 show not be more interesting?

This said, the last show, as a contender for the greatest show Bruce Springsteen & The ESB ever played (even if there are many other contenders), deserves to be officially released.

But all evidence seems (or seemed?) the Boston shows were not recorded (at least that was said on this forum a few times over the years).

44 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Unpopular opinion warning:

As the circulating tapes of the Boston 1977 shows are excellent, especially for the era, could a soundboard of another, lesser known 1977 show not be more interesting?

This said, the last show, as a contender for the greatest show Bruce Springsteen & The ESB ever played (even if there are many other contenders), deserves to be officially released.

Yes they are. Steve Hopkins tapes are absolutely excellent audience tapes and some of the best audience tapes of the time. But an official release will blow them out of the water. No matter how good the boot is, an official release is almost always going to be better.

44 minutes ago, Lampi said:

But all evidence seems (or seemed?) the Boston shows were not recorded (at least that was said on this forum a few times over the years).

This means absolutely nothing to me. I wait for official word from the source. Besides, anybody really in the know probably wouldn't be allowed near any kind of forum without a strict order of "tell no one nothing", not even hinting.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, MacBruce said:

Wish they would release more of the full album shows from 2009.

Now THAT is an unpopular opinion!:)

The penultimate show of the tour in Baltimore, a full Born To Run show, which is considered a better show than the Greetings show in Buffalo (not because of Greetings, but because of the non-Greetings section of Buffalo). And (Baltimore) with the last ever Jungleland with Clarence.

Of course the WIESS show but that show seems to be lost, or damaged.

• Like 1
13 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

That's the best section of Buffalo though...

Ah, another unpopular opinion!:)

More serious: at the time, so just after Buffalo, there was talk the show in Baltimore was the better show of the two, had more a 'last dance' feeling to it (also when considering the Magic and WOAD tours as -almost- one long tour). And this at a moment when it was very unsure what the future would bring, if there would indeed be any future at all on E Street.

• Like 1

MOTHERFU....

I hope they just release it when ready and not wait for friday

Or just come out and cancel the August release, because it will soon be september at this point.

and another thing, why don't they tell us exactly what the problem is with the release, rather than acting like one of us "boy oh boy, I wonder why the release is delayed". When they clearly have the connection to know everything about the release schedule.

This better be a good show

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Sad 2
3 hours ago, lilbud said:

MOTHERFU....

I hope they just release it when ready and not wait for friday

Or just come out and cancel the August release, because it will soon be september at this point.

and another thing, why don't they tell us exactly what the problem is with the release, rather than acting like one of us "boy oh boy, I wonder why the release is delayed". When they clearly have the connection to know everything about the release schedule.

This better be a good show

I am actually trying not to be pissed off now. But considering the wealth of amazing material to be played whilst working on a lovely summer day, a brood of small animals walking in and out of my work space..as I sip ice tea and do paper work digitally, I see the side shrubs over grown, this music playing. I have a 789 song play list on spotify called " Classics" that includes an amazing array of songs, both great and then indeed greater. The Smiths, then EC and the Attractions, Some Bruce, Stones, Coltrane, Elliot Smith, The Cure, PJ, The Beatles, Prince, Radiohead, pumped through my speakers....it could be worse right?

• Like 5

Lets not stress too much. We don't know, maybe someone in the chain of production for these releases has gotten sick (or has family who is). Understandable that the delay announcement would be vague in that case. I hope thats not the issue of course, but something to keep in mind before getting too annoyed at these delays

• Like 2
42 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

Lets not stress too much. We don't know, maybe someone in the chain of production for these releases has gotten sick (or has family who is). Understandable that the delay announcement would be vague in that case. I hope thats not the issue of course, but something to keep in mind before getting too annoyed at these delays

While I certainly wish no one to get sick,

I believe there are shows that could be ready to go, to be released,

and I'm actually a bit pissed off now.

Also notice they never fucking apologize? Never say "sorry for the further delay?"

Also once again it's the day before - and no further explanation.

God dammit....

Not the end of the world, but the way they handle it is damn infuriating.

A couple quotes (from two different posters) on BTX I liked now:

These are definitely the times when you wish they'd be just a little more open with the fanbase.

Wasn't there someone saying a while back that these releases are ready and done a long time ahead and there's a schedule to when which show is released? I don't get these last minute delay announcements, when something can't be done in time, why do they always wait until a day before the release date to announce it's delayed? Would make more sense if they just said "expect the release at some random day in the month", then nobody will set expectations for friday, just to get another delay announcement...

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

Ah, another unpopular opinion!:)

More serious: at the time, so just after Buffalo, there was talk the show in Baltimore was the better show of the two, had more a 'last dance' feeling to it (also when considering the Magic and WOAD tours as -almost- one long tour). And this at a moment when it was very unsure what the future would bring, if there would indeed be any future at all on E Street.

I love the Baltimore show. Great bootleg. Prefer it to Buffalo myself.

6 hours ago, soulcrusader78 said:

I believe there are shows that could be ready to go, to be released

I think we could have had loads more released from 2009 - 2013 as placeholders when these issues have came about. 

Just a shame that it's not worth considering for Nugs given the complaints from the "we don't want more modern shows" brigade. 

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I think we could have had loads more released from 2009 - 2013 as placeholders when these issues have came about. 

Just a shame that it's not worth considering for Nugs given the complaints from the "we don't want more modern shows" brigade. 

We sure don’t ... having said that do you think NUGS gives a hoot