Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

This might not be the right place to ask, but it's not exactly an uncluttered thread, so...

I listen to these Archives almost entire via iPod when driving. And at least a few times per show, it seems, that the volume—usually just the crowd noise—suddenly changes significantly when it a new track tracks. But it's not every time--in fact, it's far more the exception than the rule. Is that just me or is this a known thing? 

1 minute ago, Scott Peterson said:

This might not be the right place to ask, but it's not exactly an uncluttered thread, so...

I listen to these Archives almost entire via iPod when driving. And at least a few times per show, it seems, that the volume—usually just the crowd noise—suddenly changes significantly when it a new track tracks. But it's not every time--in fact, it's far more the exception than the rule. Is that just me or is this a known thing? 

How do you connect your Ipod to your car? Apple Carplay? or Aux?

I think maybe a fade out or some kind of crossfade might make the next track sound louder.

1 hour ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I wouldn't know about this...

Just three would be far too few for my reviews :ph34r:

No, the three additional paragraphs of hyperbole is for when I need another page for the requirement

• Haha 2
2 hours ago, lilbud said:

How do you connect your Ipod to your car? Apple Carplay? or Aux?

I think maybe a fade out or some kind of crossfade might make the next track sound louder.

Via the auxiliary input, so no fades. Usually seamless, just once in a while a really jarring volume jump.  

14 minutes ago, Scott Peterson said:

Via the auxiliary input, so no fades. Usually seamless, just once in a while a really jarring volume jump.  

The one thing I can think of is that there is some kind of setting that lowers the volume of music when you get a notification/phone call. I don't have a newer ipod, so I can't know for sure, I know that setting exists on android.

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

As I say, I'm occupied these next two days, so seeing as this might be my last post on the forum for so many hours, I'll leave you lot with The Stages of the Archive Series Obsessive

4c6425.jpg.f5229e4e933cecc08bb54d99a504cbda.jpg

Guilty as charged. :lol:

• Love Love Love! 1
  • Haha 1
5 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

I think i know what you’re talking about and believe it’s just badly mixed. Like you say, it’s fairly rare but whenever I come across it it’s always there for repeat listens, and I listen through headphones and speakers at different times with the same result so it’s nothing to do with the equipment you’re listening through. There’s one show I listen to a lot with a really bad case of it between two songs that really should be heard seamlessly but right now I can’t remember what it is so maybe it doesn’t bother me as much as I thought!

• Like 2
7 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

Hearing 8/20/1981 in any quality, better than we have would be a dream come true. Part of me wants this more than any other show. That would help understand the delay.

In all honesty, I expect a BTR show, I secretly wish it was Main Point 75.

That to me feels like the real birth of the version of the band that conquered the world.

Dreaming with you:  8/20/81 or 8/75 NYC video 

• Love Love Love! 1
On 8/19/2020 at 6:50 AM, Silvia said:

Maybe the new Rising video is what fohguy was talking about last week? 

33 minutes ago, Bosstralian said:

I'm going BITUSA. Of course, the release time is somewhere around 1 am - 2 am Saturday mornings my time (and even further into Saturday for @Daisey Jeep) so delays aside this whole 'first Friday of the month' is BS for me anyway

Anyway, the video might be in some correlation with the delay... Or eventually a good 

Ignore the above. Couldn’t get the quotes to clear for some reason. I’m going to go for a Seeger Session show or a Rising show wild card! No leaked essay this month? To paraphrase The Godfather I’m betting we, ‘won’t see them around here no more!’

• Like 1

Can i ask this knowledgeable community, is there a hybrid show out there like the 6/93 show, where we have 5-6 acoustic tunes and the rest of the show was electric. I'm not a acoustic type guy most of the time but love that show. Anything like that out there I don't know about? 

16 hours ago, Scott Peterson said:

iPod?