Greasy Lake Community

I am pleased. It's been two years or something since the only Seeger Sessions show was released and this is a special one. A shame not everyone is as happy with this as I am, but on the bright side we're really closing in on September, so... Can't wait to download it. :)

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2
  • Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

54 minutes ago, 1651997 said:

I am pleased. It's been two years or something since the only Seeger Sessions show was released and this is a special one. A shame not everyone is as happy with this as I am, but on the bright side we're really closing in on September, so... Can't wait to download it. :)

Just enjoy the heck out of it! My small disappointment went out of the door the moment I put on Good Rockin' Tonight from September 20th, 1978 :D These archive releases are like a lottery where you always win a price. Sometimes you love it, sometimes you don't. Again, enjoy this new release! 

• Like 2
18 minutes ago, BossfanNL said:

Just enjoy the heck out of it! My small disappointment went out of the door the moment I put on Good Rockin' Tonight from September 20th, 1978 :D These archive releases are like a lottery where you always win a price. Sometimes you love it, sometimes you don't. Again, enjoy this new release! 

I will! And what a version that is! :D

• Love Love Love! 1

Was initially disappointed given the delays but I’m not complaining about this week’s release - the archives need to be representative of Bruce’s history and a more standard Seeger show was probably justified and overdue (plus I know many people love them)

On a more general note, the last 6 months have seen me skip a few archive releases - usually for no other reason than me having multiple shows from that tour already that I already don’t listen to enough. I still enjoy the months I skip releases because it gives me a chance to revisit some of those shows. 

I guess my point is that we ought not really complain - not your show this month? Give a bit more love to some of the other fantastic shows released and join me in keeping my fingers crossed for september!!

• Like 5
  • Love Love Love! 1
8 hours ago, Jimmy James said:

Can i ask this knowledgeable community, is there a hybrid show out there like the 6/93 show, where we have 5-6 acoustic tunes and the rest of the show was electric. I'm not a acoustic type guy most of the time but love that show. Anything like that out there I don't know about? 

im taking @BobbyJames 's suggestion so im off to listen to this

thanks Jimmy

glad your feeling better

For anyone counting, this is the first Seeger Sessions release since December 2017. New Orleans Jazz Festival was the last release.

So if any tour deserved a release, it definitely was this one. 32 months is the longest between releases. Second longest is 21 months since The Rising (October 2018)

• Like 5
9 hours ago, TomorrowNeverKnows said:

I hope not,something from the 80s and I would be happy  but cant get my wish come through every month so whatever is released it is ok :)

love your screen name btw 

32 minutes ago, lilbud said:

For anyone counting, this is the first Seeger Sessions release since December 2017. New Orleans Jazz Festival was the last release.

So if any tour deserved a release, it definitely was this one. 32 months is the longest between releases. Second longest is 21 months since The Rising (October 2018)

Wow, I knew it had been a long time but I had no idea it was that long. 

18 hours ago, lilbud said:

It always amazes (terrifies!) me how fast the time goes! I can’t believe the last release was that long ago. Will we ever see another release from The Rising...

• Like 2
52 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

It always amazes (terrifies!) me how fast the time goes! I can’t believe the last release was that long ago. Will we ever see another release from The Rising...

At this point I’d take a remix of the Barcelona 2002 show.  Shirley they have to have professionally recorded tapes for that one?

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
6 minutes ago, bobfan1976 said:

Who thinks we'll actually get a release first Friday of September?

Time will tell. But whatever the reason for the August delay, it wasn't necessarily something that would hold up work on September.

• Like 1
On 8/21/2020 at 9:10 PM, lilbud said:

Listening to this show right now. I think this show might have my favorite version of open all night and old dan tucker.

Love the crowd interaction at the start of old dan tucker. Very unusual for Altschiller to mix in the crowd so effectively as he has on this release. 

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Time will tell. But whatever the reason for the August delay, it wasn't necessarily something that would hold up work on September.

Hmm, I’m not so sure Nugs are that organised, despite the supposed ‘year’s slate of releases’ lined up. Plus they might want listeners to spend a little more time with the Sessions release.

18 minutes ago, Wout said:

Woke up in the middle of the night. Have a feeling it might be Hammersmith night 2 1975. 

without checking im assuming LITF was played that night :lol:

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, SoulBoogieAlex said:

That would actually be a fantastic choice and a better show than the firstB)

You know...The show on 23 November 1975 was not bad either...

Question could be if the atmosfeer of the very good audience tape (for the era)  would translate well to a professional recording.

• Like 1