Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

14 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Would love for the September 4th release to go off without a hitch, but I'd also be cool if they want to take an extra week with it - that way it'll only be 3 weeks until October 2nd when they'll hopefully be properly back on track. 

I hope they do get it straight back on track. However without knowing the reason for the August delay, it's not possible to judge whether there's likely to be any knock on effect.

Maybe they'll delay it a week anyway simply to spread the releases out. As ever, time will tell.

• Like 1

Just now, Wbt774 said:

Do y’all think we will ever get Main Point 75?

Supposedly, they have said that they don't have it.

Personally, I'm quite happy with what we already have. Most of the interesting material is in the first half of the show where the sound is excellent. The improved second half which has circulated since around 2011 is good enough for me to fail to understand the clamour for this to be released.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

hi J

you've been quiet of late, i havn't seen you around

hope you doing ok

Het Daisey, I'm doing great, thank you. Work has been insanely busy since lockdown started, my wife and I have been renovating our kitchen in the last month or so, and I'm building an electric guitar from an old computer desk... So I've been a bit busy, really. 

How's things with you? 

• Like 1

Just now, J said:

Het Daisey, in doing great, thank you. Work has been insanely busy since lockdown started, my wife and I have been renovating out kitchen in the last month or so, and I'm building an electric guitar from an old computer desk... So I've been a bit busy, really. 

How's things with you? 

im really glad you are both well J

we are just huckering down and hibernating till this covid shit blows over - then we will renovate our kitchen too

all will be well and live music will come back

• Love Love Love! 1

8 hours ago, J said:

Het Daisey, I'm doing great, thank you. Work has been insanely busy since lockdown started, my wife and I have been renovating our kitchen in the last month or so, and I'm building an electric guitar from an old computer desk... So I've been a bit busy, really. 

How's things with you? 

Good to have you back! Always wanted to build my own guitar but I don't have the equipment, sadly - looking forward to seeing it when it is finished!

• Love Love Love! 1

Does anyone here know if there's been talk of releasing the whole Tempe 1980 show? That's one concert I would love to get, but I don't wanna spend money on just ten songs from the concert (even if I'm sure they're great). If I'm gonna pay for it I want all or nothin' at all!

16 minutes ago, High Lonesome said:

Does anyone here know if there's been talk of releasing the whole Tempe 1980 show? That's one concert I would love to get, but I don't wanna spend money on just ten songs from the concert (even if I'm sure they're great). If I'm gonna pay for it I want all or nothin' at all!

The show will be licenced to Sony for the DVD/BR. Any release would need their consent.

Didn't realzie i already posted something about the D&D Seeger version but it just makes me love again this song, especially through 2005 shows (never really listen to it after 3mn of Reason to Believe / BITUSA, or songs like Stolen Car / Lift Me Up / MyBeautiful Reward on piano/organ.. it just didnt match well when you just listen to it)

1 hour ago, High Lonesome said:

From another forum:

I wrote a message to Springsteen Archive complimenting them
on the quality of Tempe 1980 disc and stating the fans' fervor
for releasing the entire audiotape, such as it is. I got this reply:

Unfortunately, there is no chance. The content is legally distributed by 
Sony, on the DVD, so there is no possibility of us releasing it.

Thanks for your support. 
Best, Valerie

Actually it is a strange reply. Houston 78 was also released by Sony as part of the Darkness anniversary boxset. And they also released the audio by Nugs although the proceeds went to the hurricane relief fund. So in my opinion they also could release the full audio and maybe also proceeds can go to a relief fund

4 minutes ago, Marnix said:

From another forum:

Thanks for your support. 
Best, Valerie

Actually it is a strange reply. Houston 78 was also released by Sony as part of the Darkness anniversary boxset. And they also released the audio by Nugs although the proceeds went to the hurricane relief fund. So in my opinion they also could release the full audio and maybe also proceeds can go to a relief fund

I guess their reply more accurately should have read "there is no possibility of us releasing it without Sony's consent"

When they released the "missing" songs it was explicitly stated to be with Sony's consent, as was also the case with the Houston release. In this instance I think there would need to be a really good reason before Sony would consent.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Marnix said:

From another forum:

Thanks for your support. 
Best, Valerie

Alright, that sucks... Your suggestion would be nice though, let's hope that's a possible way for the whole show to get released. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy James said:

Just to get us all back on track how about Paris 85! 

On 7/1/2020 at 10:57 PM, Buddhabone said:

Paris is a bootleg, was not recorded to multi-track.

Someone got the video feed with Mono sound. That is not what Bruce is currently doing with the archive series. Most are professionally recorded multi-trach tapes, mixed and mastered. I know there have been releases that were sourced from two tracks, but those are not the norm. I would assume that one day, "lesser" quality tapes will be used.

• Thanks 1

On 8/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, J said:

I'm guessing Wembley 02 next would be a big ask? 

That would be 2 shows released in a row that I was at so fingers crossed! ;)

Not holding my breath though, but maybe the delay is just getting it ready for us! 

2 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

That would be 2 shows released in a row that I was at so fingers crossed! ;)

Not holding my breath though, but maybe the delay is just getting it ready for us! 

Two Wembleys in a row and two shows we were both at would be incredible! 

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1