Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Recommended Posts

On 8/29/2020 at 9:02 AM, J said:

I'm guessing Wembley 02 next would be a big ask? 

That would be 2 shows released in a row that I was at so fingers crossed! ;)
 

Not holding my breath though, but maybe the delay is just getting it ready for us! 

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 10.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

2 hours ago, ukjohnney said:

That would be 2 shows released in a row that I was at so fingers crossed! ;)
 

Not holding my breath though, but maybe the delay is just getting it ready for us! 

Two Wembleys in a row and two shows we were both at would be incredible! 

  • Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, J said:

Two Wembleys in a row and two shows we were both at would be incredible! 

Fingers crossed for you J

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, Marnix said:

 

Ha, the reasons are getting as creative as Flanagan's essays! I don't mind, I expected a delay after London 06 being delayed by three weeks, but I would have thought the delay was only having two weeks to get the next release ready, but at this point I have no idea how Nugs orgainse their releases!

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, whenever the September release does occur, I really think it will, or at least should be, a USA show. It's been something like 18 months since the last one, and there has been only three overall. TOL has alone had four releases, which was a much shorter, and much less celebrated tour. Those four releases cover a span of less than four months, where there is a gap in the USA releases of 13 months (no shows between August 84' and September 85').

The Born in the USA tour is still one of the most known and monumental tours in rock history, supporting by far his biggest album, and spanning four continents over a 15 month period. A Fall 84' show, such as one from Oakland or LA, would be great, and an overseas show from 85' would be amazing. I understand they may not have very much in decent quality from these periods in their archives, but one must assume there are more September 85' shows from Los Angeles to be released, and I think it's about time they do so. Sorry for the long winded post, just tired of all these later era shows, when to me, 75-88 is on such another level. And don't get me started on how necessary a 1976/77 release is...

  • Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, The Dynamo said:

Well, whenever the September release does occur, I really think it will, or at least should be, a USA show. It's been something like 18 months since the last one, and there has been only three overall. TOL has alone had four releases, which was a much shorter, and much less celebrated tour. Those four releases cover a span of less than four months, where there is a gap in the USA releases of 13 months (no shows between August 84' and September 85').

The Born in the USA tour is still one of the most known and monumental tours in rock history, supporting by far his biggest album, and spanning four continents over a 15 month period. A Fall 84' show, such as one from Oakland or LA, would be great, and an overseas show from 85' would be amazing. I understand they may not have very much in decent quality from these periods in their archives, but one must assume there are more September 85' shows from Los Angeles to be released, and I think it's about time they do so. Sorry for the long winded post, just tired of all these later era shows, when to me, 75-88 is on such another level. And don't get me started on how necessary a 1976/77 release is...

I think we all agree, but it is starting to look as though surprisingly few shows were recorded.

They will also have to hold back at least one show for the inevitable BITUSA box. More than one if they haven't decided which one to include.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, bobfan1976 said:

Anybody think we’ll get a release today, given the single only dropped yesterday I’m guessing not.

I don't see why we shouldn't

Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

A Rising show surley considering the date

NUGS have historically shown little regard for historical anniversaries, but in regards to Bruce and the wider world. Would love a Rising show - especially those US ones from March 2003 (Providence would be my #1 pick) - but I can see the next release being a more modern era ESB show.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Question.

If this month is -again- not a BUSA show, will it not be more and more unlikely the inevitable BUSA Box will still  be released this year?

Or maybe there is a BUSA Box in November and then a BUSA show in December, why not.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Question.

If this month is -again- not a BUSA show, will it not be more and more unlikely the inevitable BUSA Box will still  be released this year?

Or maybe there is a BUSA Box in November and then a BUSA show in December, why not.

All very speculative, but my thoughts (for what they're worth):

It was originally intended to release the new album earlier in the year with a box in Autumn (Tracks 2. BITUSA or even Nebraska). Bruce hasn't put out new material into the crowded pre-Christmas market since Magic, but lockdown has delayed the new album's release, pushing back whatever box was intended until at least next Spring and possibly this time next year.

 

Disclaimer: The above is entirely my guesswork  and any resemblance to the truth is entirely coincidental.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Hey. can someone give me some help? I went to download my copy of Winterland from the website to my PC, when I bought it I just downloaded it straight to my phone. I thought you could re-download the shows, but now it says download expired?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, burgessliam22 said:

Hey. can someone give me some help? I went to download my copy of Winterland from the website to my PC, when I bought it I just downloaded it straight to my phone. I thought you could re-download the shows, but now it says download expired?

I think there is only a short time you can do it

When did you buy winterland ?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...