Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 10.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

On 11/1/2020 at 9:22 PM, Lampi said:

If it is a show with Don't Look Back, a Reunion Tour show is maybe more likely than a 1977 show.

According to Brucebase, Don't Look Back was performed 31 times; 11 x in 1977, 16 x in 1999-2000, 1 x 2008, 2 x 2012, 1 x 2014.

As a Magic Tour show was quite some time ago, the dark horse in this is the 2008 show, Greensboro 28 April 2008, with a double-whammy opening of Roulette and Don't Look Back. Most of the core Magic Tour setlist still intact, including the song Magic and the 'five-pack'; but not Girls In Their Summer Clothes, which is replaced by Backstreets. Also: Waiting on a Sunny Day, played at sign request (yes, really!). Setlist also includes Saint In The City, Trapped and Darkness On The Edge Of Town; and as said Roulette, Don't Look Back and Backstreets, which makes it a nice mix between core Magic Tour setlist and rarities-fan favourites, before things got out of hand later in the tour and even more so in 2009 and 2012-2013 (personal opinion warning!).

Was this the first mention?

• 3 weeks later...
36 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

I take it that the lack of any clue means that we aren’t to expect a release next Friday?

...and then probably also not an extra Christmas release, only a December release (1 release in December, not 2).

As was sometimes said before, a release out of the blue (so not on first Friday and also not with a sort of announcement before) would be a nice suprise; like: 'this is the new release and you can buy it right NOW!'.

The lack of any annoucement (with or without clues) could also mean Erik has a severe form of writers block...:)

• Like 1

I still think we get a release on December 4th and one round Christmas because I haven’t read anything about a delay or something. 
Or the other possibility is what they did last year with the Winterland shows they drop 2 shows at once half december. 

In the spirit of the current topic about Bruce releasing a Christmas album:

every year -this time of year- there is discussion the regular December release, or the (possible) 'bonus' December release, will be a Christmas show.

At least it would be something different.

• Like 1

Greenvale '75 maybe? That Santa has official audio and it's been awhile since they dropped a pre '78 show. It's also a December show. Unless Santa was the only song that was pro recorded? Nassau 12/28/80 maybe as well, though since they already gave us a River tour show back in May that one may be unlikely. 

• Like 1
2 hours ago, passaic91978 said:

Greenvale '75 maybe? That Santa has official audio and it's been awhile since they dropped a pre '78 show. It's also a December show. Unless Santa was the only song that was pro recorded? Nassau 12/28/80 maybe as well, though since they already gave us a River tour show back in May that one may be unlikely. 

I'd like Greenvale '75 also.

And if they don't release it this Friday,

I still wish for a '76 show on Friday, or another BTR tour show.

I don't want anything past '81 anymore personally, unless they release 5/3/88. (in a decent mix, of course. Actually a remix, for free (for those who bought it), of Winterland 12/16/78 would be VERY welcome, and only a year overdue)

4 hours ago, passaic91978 said:

Greenvale '75 maybe? That Santa has official audio and it's been awhile since they dropped a pre '78 show. It's also a December show

That one gets rumoured every December.

On 11/29/2020 at 10:52 AM, Marnix said:

I still think we get a release on December 4th and one round Christmas because I haven’t read anything about a delay or something. 
Or the other possibility is what they did last year with the Winterland shows they drop 2 shows at once half december. 

One BTX user reported that the latest eNewsletter reported that a release was scheduled for Friday. Another - Pete, who has long-held connections with people affiliated to INC - also noted as much, too. 

Suspect we'll find out tomorrow afternoon (EDT) if that's not the case. I'd love a 1975 show on Friday.  

• Like 3
1 hour ago, Nick21 said:

Suspect we'll find out tomorrow afternoon (EDT) if that's not the case. I'd love a 1975 show on Friday.  

Maybe this will be the year for the Greenvale Santa show*, or another from around the same time (I gather a few were recorded). A 1975 show is certainly due.

*Then again, maybe it won't!

• Like 1

Tours left to release in 2020: early period, born to run, Lawsuit tour, Human Touch, Ghost of Tom Joad, Rising Tour, VTC

Odds? 

a 70s show is very probable: Early period, Born to Run, 76 and lawsuit tour

less probable: Rising Tour, Tom Joad (except maybe the #3 paramount show)

impossible: Human touch (i might be totally wrong but i don't think we can see the release of a Human touch show now- very probably we are going to get one in January) or maybe LA 92  for the collection

I think a solid BTR show can be really good.. If we have a big change, I think we can have either the 77 Boston show or (less probable) a 76 Palladium show.

A '75 show definitely seems inevitable. Probably for the special Christmas release, though, which means if they release 2 shows this month, this Friday's will be something with slightly "lower" appeal.

I'd personally be good a solid '92 show at some point, one of the ones with "I Wish I Were Blind" and "Follow That Dream"