Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

Being realistic (rather than wishful thinking), is there likely to be anything else of this quality recorded on multitrack that hasn't yet been released.

I know what you mean - I keep wondering how they've kept this for so long given the quality, especially given the relative lack of '75 shows. Maybe the Santa Claus '75 show?

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

I keep wondering how they've kept this for so long given the quality

They said right at the beginning that they wouldn't be releasing all the best shows first. You can't accuse them of not being true to their word.

• Like 1
7 minutes ago, passaic91978 said:

One of the '85 shows maybe? I really, really want another LA Coliseum show.

My guess is that they're currently holding onto those shows with one eye on the eventual BITUSA Box Set.

54 minutes ago, BobbyJames said:

IMaybe the Santa Claus '75 show?

And Toronto 21 December 1975, and probably more shows in December 1975, were recorded for the live album that never was. Likely more, or all, shows in Philadelphia were recorded too, not only 31.12.1975.

• Like 1
10 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

My guess is that they're currently holding onto those shows with one eye on the eventual BITUSA Box Set.

That's what I suspect as well. I think we'll see 9/30 when the BITUSA box comes out, though 10/2 maybe as well. A Giants Stadium show may be the more likely option for '85 shows.

On 12/4/2020 at 1:36 PM, Nick21 said:

Didn’t include any EU shows from 2016 where it was played as they were released at that the time. Still, after the Rome and Nassau bodge jobs, I wouldn’t put it past NUGS re-releasing another show :D (just kidding, the 2016 tour was recorded and mixed well). 

A very good point lol.  Forgive my brain fart!!

• Haha 1

Just out of curiosity if we get a bonus Christmas release what would you prefer a normal show from a stand where we already have releases from maybe the last Passaic show 78 or the first show of Nassau 80 show for example. 
Or one of two Christmas shows from Asbury Park ?

18 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

I really hope they'll release East Berlin July 19th, 1988 one day. It's a historic show and they must have recorded it.

I hope it can be released.

It might depend on what recording technology they were using at the time. Taking a truck full of recording equipment into East Berlin in 1988 might have been more hassle than it was worth.

2 hours ago, Marnix said:

Just out of curiosity if we get a bonus Christmas release what would you prefer a normal show from a stand where we already have releases from maybe the last Passaic show 78 or the first show of Nassau 80 show for example. 
Or one of two Christmas shows from Asbury Park ?

I think those Christmas shows have the same problems as the shows from the Rising tour. 

I hope I am wrong though.

As long as there will be an extra December release.

• Like 1
5 hours ago, John2871 said:

I think those Christmas shows have the same problems as the shows from the Rising tour.

That is a very good point; and I think no one ever said that before on this forum.

Otherwise, except Christmas shows not that much left for special non-tour shows. The 2003 Somervile benefit shows. The 1993 and 2007 Count Basie benefit shows; 1993 'the mother of all mixed-up setlists'; 2007 full album performances of Darkness and Born To Run. And quite some other benefits over the years, Rumson Day school etc.  Anything else? [for non-tour shows].

Some more speculation:  December releases of London 24 November 1975 and Nassau 28 December 1980 would make room for some 'less popular releases' in the first months of the new year (i.e. 1992-1993 and Joad, maybe 2005 and 2009); a Christmas show not so  much.

• Like 1
12 hours ago, John2871 said:

I hope I am wrong though.

As long as there will be an extra December release.

Do they though, I thought they remixed three of the shows prior to broadcast on Bruce’s Sirius channel which suggests they have the tapes in a usable fashion.

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Is that the one with a hundred musicians?

This is your answer:

'The shows also featured Springsteen family members joining in, and lots of guest stars, too, including Southside Johnny, Bobby Bandiera, Garland Jeffreys, Jon Bon Jovi, Danny DeVito, Elvis Costello, Gary U.S. Bonds, most of the E Street Band, and more.'

• Like 1