Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

As far as BTR album shows are concerned, it must be only a matter of time before the WB tour final show is released: 

Nowlan Park 
2013-07-28
Kilkenny, Ireland

This Little Light Of Mine
My Love Will Not Let You Down
Badlands
We Take Care of Our Own
Adam Raised A Cain
Death To My Hometown
American Skin (41 Shots)
The Promised Land
Wrecking Ball
Spirit In The Night
The River
Wild Billy's Circus Story
Man At The Top
When You Walk In the Room
Thunder Road
Tenth Avenue Freeze-Out
Night
Backstreets
Born To Run
She's The One
Meeting Across The River
Jungleland
The Rising
Land Of Hope And Dreams
Born In The USA
Bobby Jean
Seven Nights To Rock
Dancing In The Dark
American Land
Shout
This Little Light Of Mine
This Hard Land

Final show of the European tour, and the second day of the "Wrecking Ball Weekender". Delorentos, LAPD and Imelda May open for Springsteen & Band. An intense, high energy opening that includes both "Badlands" and "Adam Raised A Cain" is soon followed by three tour premieres in a row; "Wild Billy's Circus Story" (not played since the Wild & Innocent album show in New York City), the ultra-rare (and clearly rehearsed!) "Man At The Top", only played for the third time, and finally The Searchers' "When You Walk In The Room", which Bruce played occasionally on the Born To Run Tour, but has only been played once previously since then, in Philadelphia in 2009. Next up is the entire Born To Run album in sequence. No "Waitin' On A Sunny Day", for the first time this tour. The encores close with a reprise of "This Little Light Of Mine" and a solo acoustic "This Hard Land". Patti Scialfa is not present.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

Just now, sleepyjoe said:

Has First Friday been confirmed for 2021? If so, are we expecting something this Friday the 1st?

Nothing is confirmed. Although we've been back on first Fridays for the last month or two, it seems a bit soon after after the Christmas release to me. I'd guess Friday 8th, but you never know.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Nothing is confirmed. Although we've been back on first Fridays for the last month or two, it seems a bit soon after after the Christmas release to me. I'd guess Friday 8th, but you never know.

Yeah that's what I'm thinking. Maybe an announcement of sorts this Friday then a release the next

26 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Also my bet because January 1st is also a holiday 

• Like 1

Happy New Year, Greasy Lake.

As is tradition, the New Year's Day blog post! Springsteen’s Archive Series: The possibilities for 2021 (and the Series’ Top 10 songs of 2020) - enjoy, let me know what you think and have a fantastic year! 

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2021/01/01/springsteens-archive-series-the-possibilities-for-2021-and-the-series-top-10-songs-of-2020/

• Like 4

7 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

As is tradition, the New Year's Day blog post! Springsteen’s Archive Series: The possibilities for 2021 (and the Series’ Top 10 songs of 2020) - enjoy, let me know what you think and have a fantastic year! 

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/2021/01/01/springsteens-archive-series-the-possibilities-for-2021-and-the-series-top-10-songs-of-2020/

I hope you haven't jinxed Cardiff 2013 by mentioning it :rolleyes:

12 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Great write up. The London 2006 archive show release was at Wembley Arena though, not the O2. 

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I do seem to get one or two right every year, so maybe I've done the complete opposite of jinxing it ;)

I hope so.

They like to release to shows that include something rare or have some significance and this one certainly fits that bill with TV Movie, We Gotta Get Out Of This Place and the acoustic Janie, plus various other songs not regularly played. 

• Like 4

I don't normally get involved in contrived. long shot speculation, but as I currently have nothing better to do, here goes:

The Tweet about the technical issues with the 2009 MSG show made mention of the Rising tour, which might (but only might) have been a clue to a forthcoming Rising release. This latest Tweet talks about 'back in your ears' which might (but only might) be a hint to a show containing Back In Your Arms.

Put the two (admittedly contrived) clues (which might not be clues) together and you get the last night of the Rising Tour from Shea Stadium.

• Like 2
  • Love Love Love! 1

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

IPut the two (admittedly contrived) clues (which might not be clues) together and you get the last night of the Rising Tour from Shea Stadium.

Nice detective work!

Would also make sense giving the preference they seem to have for special shows full of rarities on the setlist but not that representative of a regular show of its tour.

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I don't normally get involved in contrived. long shot speculation, but as I currently have nothing better to do, here goes:

The Tweet about the technical issues with the 2009 MSG show made mention of the Rising tour, which might (but only might) have been a clue to a forthcoming Rising release. This latest Tweet talks about 'back in your ears' which might (but only might) be a hint to a show containing Back In Your Arms.

Put the two (admittedly contrived) clues (which might not be clues) together and you get the last night of the Rising Tour from Shea Stadium.

You never can tell for sure when it comes to the Archive Series, can you?

5 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

What tweet about the MSG night 1 2009 issues do you speak of?

3 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

What tweet about the MSG night 1 2009 issues do you speak of?

Seems it wasn't a Tweet, it was part of Backstreets' review. I wondered at the time whether the last sentence was a hint or just wishful thinking. 

If it is indeed a hint and you cross reference it with a possible clue to a show with Back In Your Arms, there's only one place the planets align. 

Capture.JPG

It seemed like the obvious choice given (a) Back in Your Arms was played at this show and (b) we know that it was recorded, but the research on BTX leaves me convinced that it’s going to be this:

2000-06-27 MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK CITY, NY
CODE OF SILENCE / THE TIES THAT BIND / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / TWO HEARTS / TRAPPED / FACTORY / AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) / THE PROMISED LAND / YOUNGSTOWN / MURDER INCORPORATED / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / LOOSE ENDS / BACK IN YOUR ARMS / MARY QUEEN OF ARKANSAS / BACKSTREETS / LIGHT OF DAY / HUNGRY HEART / BORN TO RUN / BLINDED BY THE LIGHT / THUNDER ROAD / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS

Currently circulates on a good IEM/AUD matrix so I await people saying that they won’t buy it if this is indeed the January release... :D