Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

2 minutes ago, Rusboud said:

First first friday of the year...first delay...:huh:

I don't think anyone was expecting a release on 1 January. It was a public holiday and only 8 days after the Christmas release.

• Like 1
8 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

It seemed like the obvious choice given (a) Back in Your Arms was played at this show and (b) we know that it was recorded, but the research on BTX leaves me convinced that it’s going to be this:

2000-06-27 MADISON SQUARE GARDEN, NEW YORK CITY, NY
CODE OF SILENCE / THE TIES THAT BIND / ADAM RAISED A CAIN / TWO HEARTS / TRAPPED / FACTORY / AMERICAN SKIN (41 SHOTS) / THE PROMISED LAND / YOUNGSTOWN / MURDER INCORPORATED / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT / LOOSE ENDS / BACK IN YOUR ARMS / MARY QUEEN OF ARKANSAS / BACKSTREETS / LIGHT OF DAY / HUNGRY HEART / BORN TO RUN / BLINDED BY THE LIGHT / THUNDER ROAD / IF I SHOULD FALL BEHIND / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS

Currently circulates on a good IEM/AUD matrix so I await people saying that they won’t buy it if this is indeed the January release... :D

The 'back in your ears' reference does look like a clue to a show with Back In Your Arms, of which there aren't all that many. This one does look a possibility, although its only six months since the last Reunion show and Tenth Avenue hasn't quite finished yet!

I agree I'm being very speculative in seeing a possible hint to a Rising show, but I'm ruling nothing out and nothin in.

• Haha 2
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

This one does look a possibility, although its only six months since the last Reunion show and Tenth Avenue hasn't quite finished yet!

:D

On a similar note, I tuned into the Hungry Heart NYE stream around 10pm - just as they were playing a live version of Mary’s Place. The 106th refrain of “turn it up” will have no doubt coincided with Big Ben ringing out for midnight...

In all seriousness, your point is valid but at some point the shortage of multitrack sources from 1975 to 1997 (arguably even through to 2000) will surely mean that the Reunion era is represented more frequently in the series. I’d like to think that this would whet the appetite for them to dig into their collection of two-track tapes... but I doubt it. 

• Like 1
1 minute ago, Nick21 said:

Especially if it’s the version from Brisbane, Valentine’s Day 2017!

Yeah but the video of the performance is pretty funny though. My favorite version of the song for that reason!

9 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Based on time since last release. 

The Rising and Tunnel of Love seem to be the two most probable for this month. 

Based on BTX’s clue - which have proved to be more than solid giveaways - the only show that fits that bracket from these tours in Shea 10/04. We’ll skip the debates as to which show from that stand is best (obviously night two ;)) but that would be a remarkable - and welcome - release given the much-discussed format/software problems they have with the Rising archives. 

• Like 1
13 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Back In Your Arms must be one of his most overated songs. Overwrought, over sung. For me, it wouldn't be a selling point for any show.

Totally agree; derivative melody, lyrics that sound half-finished, although I did hear a version from 2013 (I think Paolo posted the link) that almost redeemed the song. That's the only version I've ever heard that I can listen to from start to finish.

6 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

Totally agree; derivative melody, lyrics that sound half-finished, although I did hear a version from 2013 (I think Paolo posted the link) that almost redeemed the song. That's the only version I've ever heard that I can listen to from start to finish.

Agreed. Way overrated. Not a bad song... just... well... eh

• Like 1
On 1/3/2021 at 12:08 AM, Promise61 said:

Back In Your Arms must be one of his most overated songs. Overwrought, over sung. For me, it wouldn't be a selling point for any show.

I think it's a beautiful love song.

All the live versions (at least since Reunion tour) have been waaayy too long - turning a gorgeous 4-minute-or-so-song into a 16-minute-relationship-advice.

Back In Your Arms was also performed a number of times in 2005. However, as its debut on that tour has already been released, it seems unlikely it would be the subject of a clue for the release of a later show.

• Like 1

My phone just told me i have less than 10% storage left and suggested i started deleting you know what kind of files :angry:

1 hour ago, Daisey Jeep said:

My phone just told me i have less than 10% storage left and suggested i started deleting you know what kind of files :angry:

Why don’t use the Nugs app on your phone to listen to the shows and put the mp3 on your pc or external hard drive? That’s how I do it

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Really? Garden 2000? How pointless would that be?

27 June 2000 is a fantastic show, one of the best from the stand - and tour. 

The longer the NUGS archive series goes on, there's going to be some mythbusting, particularly in regards to setlist changes. Sure, Bruce has changed things up nightly on most tours, but there's always a core of each show that remains consistent.

I appreciate that's at the heart of the buying decision now. Even if I wasn't collecting them all, there's enough here for me individually - only the second NUGS release of "Code", a great "Adam" (actually, I love the opening three-pack here), one of seven "Trapped" from 2000, the "Loose Ends" through "Backstreets" section and the last "Blinded" of the tour - as there is the sum of the parts.

3 hours ago, Rumble said:

My source telling me Garden 2000 tomorrow 

source, BTX?