Greasy Lake Community

53 minutes ago, Glenntennis87 said:

only Cardiff 2013 can keep the run going for me.

I still expect to see this before too long. If NUGS continue their strategy of releasing multitrack recordings (so far, tellingly, only the 1977 shows are the exception to this), they're going to run out of pre-Reunion era shows relatively quickly.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

29 minutes ago, Music City Mike said:

A surprise. Guess that really wasn't a clue.

They gave us the slip brilliantly with that one.

10 hours ago, Marnix said:

Why don’t use the Nugs app on your phone to listen to the shows and put the mp3 on your pc or external hard drive? That’s how I do it

I don't know how to suck the files from my phone to pc :(

I plugged by phone in to laptop but i don't know what to do next :(

1 minute ago, Daisey Jeep said:

I don't know how to suck the files from my phone to pc :(

I plugged by phone in to laptop but i don't know what to do next :(

When you plugged in your phone to laptop you go to the icon of your phone and if I am correct you can click on it and see the directories of your phone. And then you can copy the directory with your music to your laptop.

Hopefully you understand now how you can copy your music to your laptop 

English is not my main language so I hope I explained it well 

• Thanks 1
8 minutes ago, Marnix said:

When you plugged in your phone to laptop you go to the icon of your phone and if I am correct you can click on it and see the directories of your phone. And then you can copy the directory with your music to your laptop.

Hopefully you understand now how you can copy your music to your laptop 

English is not my main language so I hope I explained it well 

I will have a go

Thank you 

Computer talk is never my language 

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, Niels said:

Anything we want for the next Archive release? Always nice to read what shows other people desire to get a release :)

I think is time for a non tour....for exemple a double shoot with one show of Amnisty 88 and other of VFC 04...

2 hours ago, Niels said:

Anything we want for the next Archive release? 

Something pre-1975, obviously, but seems more and more unlikely this will happen. Or a 1976 show.

Safe bets would be Joad and 1992-1993, given the last time these tours had a release.

Safe bets for 2021 -not especially soon, but at a certain moment in 2021- would be the inevitable Nassau 28 December 1980 show. And Passaic 3.

• Like 4
3 minutes ago, E Street nation said:

Hoping for a Human touch / Lucky Town show :)

Always nice to see unpopular opinions.:)

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

A Tom Joad show is highly likely next month for many reasons: a long time from the last release of the tour, many e street band shows in the last months.

For the next e street band show I would bet for a Tunnel concert. I also think a human touch / lucky town show will be released soon.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Lampi said:

Something pre-1975, obviously, but seems more and more unlikely this will happen.

We know 1 May 1973 (Ahmanson Theatre, LA) was filmed and recorded by CBS, and may possibly be being held back for video release at some point in the future.

Is it know that any other 73-74 shows were definitely recorded on multitrack? 

• Like 1

And Amnesty and Vote For Change were tours, even if not long tours.

No tour could be: Somerville 2003 shows, Count Basie 2008 (full album performances of Born To Run and Darkness).

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

During all the Letter to You interviews, it would have been nice if someone with knowledge of his output would have asked about the Archive series. 

The obvious question would be along the lines of....When you were reviewing your early career, did you find any Pre-ESB concerts that could be released on the Archive series??? 

I would love to see some pre-1973.

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1

Regarding Amnesty Tour I wonder if some show was professionally recorded on multitrack.

Benefit concerts in 1986 and 1990 weren't but they were acoustic shows. This could be a problem to see someday any show of Amnesty released.

• Like 1