Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

Hi

I wonder if anyone can help me with some advice

I want to get the CD of the 1975 London show. My usual UK supplier doesn't seem to be getting on ( or it is a very long time coming)

Can I order direct from USA ? Is it hard ?

Rob

From BTX: days since last archive release.

My guess is a 1992/93 show...

DAYS SINCE RELEASE // TOUR // LAST SHOW RELEASED // RELEASE DATE
1309 The Lawsuit Tour (9/26/1976 - 3/25/1977) 8/4/2017
882 The Rising Tour (2002–2003) 10/5/2018
672 Other Band (1992–1993) 5/3/2019
574 Other Tours / One Off Performances 8/9/2019
364 Tunnel of Love Express Tour (1988) 3/6/2020
308 The River Tour (1980–1981) 5/1/2020
266 Devils & Dust Tour (2005) 6/12/2020
245 Reunion Tour (1999–2000) 7/3/2020
196 Seeger Sessions Band Tour (2006) 8/21/2020
168 Born in the U.S.A. Tour (1984–1985) 9/18/2020
147 Darkness Tour (1978–1979) 10/9/2020
119 Magic Tour (2007–2008) 11/6/2020
91 Born to Run Tour (7/20/1975 - 12/31/1975) 12/4/2020
71 Working on a Dream Tour (2009) 12/24/2020
56 Wrecking Ball World Tour (2012–2013) 1/8/2021
28 Ghost of Tom Joad Tour (1995–1997) 2/5/2021

Pre-1972, Greetings, WIESS, Chicken Scratch, Amnesty and VFC are yet to be represented. 

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

I'd love another Rising Tour, though it seems unlikely, it would be great to have another Rising show.

After they released Helsinki we (or at least I) assumed that the problem had been solved and that further releases would follow. Clearly it isn't as simple as that. The best theory I've heard is that the cost of "unlocking" the files means that it isn't cost effective based on the amount sold. Who knows?

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, E Street nation said:

Hoping for April 15, 1993 Sheffield or May 22, 1993 Milton Keynes 

Couple of early tour shows that I’d like are Milan (20 June 1992), Wembley (6 July 1992). Even the Stockholm opener (rough around the edges!) would be welcome given some of the rarities...

• Like 2

Why not this one: 1993-03-23 - COUNT BASIE THEATRE, RED BANK, NJ. Warm up and benefit show with the mother of all mixed-up setlists - many songs being played for the first time in a long while and some never played before. 

DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET? / I AIN'T GOT NO HOME / THIS HARD LAND / BETTER DAYS / LOCAL HERO / VIVA LAS VEGAS / ALL THE WAY HOME / TOUGHER THAN THE REST / POINT BLANK / WHEN YOU'RE ALONE / HUMAN TOUCH / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / ACHY BREAKY HEART / BLINDED BY THE LIGHT / MY HOMETOWN / THE PROMISED LAND / LEAP OF FAITH / MAN'S JOB / ROLL OF THE DICE / BOBBY JEAN / GLORY DAYS (with Max Weinberg) / MY BEAUTIFUL REWARD / JANEY, DON'T YOU LOSE HEART

For good measure they can throw in the soundcheck too: WARM AND TENDER LOVE / HUMAN TOUCH / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / BRILLIANT DISGUISE / SOUL DRIVER

• Love Love Love! 1

20 minutes ago, el sergio said:

Why not this one: 1993-03-23 - COUNT BASIE THEATRE, RED BANK, NJ. Warm up and benefit show with the mother of all mixed-up setlists - many songs being played for the first time in a long while and some never played before. 

DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET? / I AIN'T GOT NO HOME / THIS HARD LAND / BETTER DAYS / LOCAL HERO / VIVA LAS VEGAS / ALL THE WAY HOME / TOUGHER THAN THE REST / POINT BLANK / WHEN YOU'RE ALONE / HUMAN TOUCH / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / ACHY BREAKY HEART / BLINDED BY THE LIGHT / MY HOMETOWN / THE PROMISED LAND / LEAP OF FAITH / MAN'S JOB / ROLL OF THE DICE / BOBBY JEAN / GLORY DAYS (with Max Weinberg) / MY BEAUTIFUL REWARD / JANEY, DON'T YOU LOSE HEART

For good measure they can throw in the soundcheck too: WARM AND TENDER LOVE / HUMAN TOUCH / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / BRILLIANT DISGUISE / SOUL DRIVER

This is a rehearsal show. It is very unlikely it was recorded in multitrack.

When they release again something from this era, my bet would be East Rutherford 7 or 10 August 1992 or any of the last shows of the 1993 European Tour: Dublin, Stockholm, Rome, Oslo, Milton Keynes.

1 hour ago, audelish70 said:

This is a rehearsal show. It is very unlikely it was recorded in multitrack.

When they release again something from this era, my bet would be East Rutherford 7 or 10 August 1992 or any of the last shows of the 1993 European Tour: Dublin, Stockholm, Rome, Oslo, Milton Keynes.

August 7, 1992 the first Springsteen concert I ever listened to. 

On 2/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, robk1 said:

Hi

I want to get the CD of the 1975 London show. My usual UK supplier doesn't seem to be getting on ( or it is a very long time coming)

Rob

I order direct from nugs when I do get the cds ,  easy enough to do and they have all arrived fine so far.   I have the London show too.   They are not super fast but otherwise all is good! 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I'm still voicing the one man campaign to cease with the live stuff and start giving us the huge amount of outtakes and demos from the Early Years. There's tons of it and has no commercial value outside of the fan base, so might as well sell it to us through Nugs. I'd buy all of it.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

1 hour ago, Promise61 said:

I'm still voicing the one man campaign to cease with the live stuff and start giving us the huge amount of outtakes and demos from the Early Years. There's tons of it and has no commercial value outside of the fan base, so might as well sell it to us through Nugs. I'd buy all of it.

Why do you think there are tons of outtakes and demos from the early years to release? and why only from the early years?

So far outtakes and demos have been released via Sony and if it is true they are preparing Tracks 2 I guess we will get more of this stuff there. It is not necessary to cease with the live releases.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, audelish70 said:

Why do you think there are tons of outtakes and demos from the early years to release? and why only from the early years?

So far outtakes and demos have been released via Sony and if it is true they are preparing Tracks 2 I guess we will get more of this stuff there. It is not necessary to cease with the live releases.

The stuff through Sony ( Tracks, album box sets etc) has a wider interest because it comes from acclaimed, best selling albums. The stuff prior to BTR doesn't fall into those categories.

And there is a lot of it.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Promise61 said:

The stuff through Sony ( Tracks, album box sets etc) has a wider interest because it comes from acclaimed, best selling albums. The stuff prior to BTR doesn't fall into those categories.

And there is a lot of it.

With the Big Man on sax, I bet Bruce has a killer cover of “Tequila” somewhere in the vaults and/or stashed in his motorcycle.

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 2/22/2021 at 6:54 PM, BossMan13 said:

August 7, 1992 the first Springsteen concert I ever listened to. 

I think August 6, 1992 would be a good candidate for an official release since "Leap of faith" has been released from that night.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Breakaway said:

I think August 6, 1992 would be a good candidate for an official release since "Leap of faith" has been released from that night.

Good point. Would love if they had the final two Meadowlands shows from the stand (given night two - of 11 - is already out there perhaps it was archived completely?!) but 6 August is surely one we’ll see before long.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Nick21 said:

Good point. Would love if they had the final two Meadowlands shows from the stand (given night two - of 11 - is already out there perhaps it was archived completely?!) but 6 August is surely one we’ll see before long.

I'm hoping they recorded the entire NJ '92 stand. The first night would be great because of the beautiful solo electric Dancing in the Dark and gutsy since the crowd booed at Bruce mentioning his move to L.A. and Bruce took it with humour. 

I wish they'd just release entire stands from one town when they have them.

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 2

On 2/20/2021 at 3:22 PM, robk1 said:

Hi

Rob

The cd has appeared on the website....they said they would phone or e mail so not hugely impressed.

Cost was £34 !....I'm worth it

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Breakaway said:

I'm hoping they recorded the entire NJ '92 stand. The first night would be great because of the beautiful solo electric Dancing in the Dark and gutsy since the crowd booed at Bruce mentioning his move to L.A. and Bruce took it with humour. 

They also performed I Wish I Were Blind on two of those nights which is a rarely live played song. Although we have the version on MTV.

• Like 1

On 2/21/2021 at 4:22 AM, robk1 said:

Hi

Rob

Maybe it arrived this week ?

When i used to order the physical product it used to take 3 months to get here and that was way before covid

I don't think the problem then was so much the shipping as just really really slow production

....i imangine one lonely person on cd burning duty 

It will arrive eventually