Greasy Lake Community

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

'Acrobat' only appears in MQOA and 'diplomat' only appears in BBTL.'

There are also some references to acrobats in Wild Billy's Circus Story (not the word 'acrobat' itself).

But no...they really should think about more difficult clues, it seems.

It was also inevitable there would be a return to the NYC 2000 stand at a certain moment. Especially as -apparently- even from this tour not that many shows were recorded as one might assume.

Edit: see now the OP in the topic 'Next live archive delayed a week' also mentioned Wild Billy.

While all evidence points to the 2000 show, there are quite some songs where the word prisoner is not used literally, but which have something to do with prison, (ending up in) jail: Straight Time (which mentions 'prison', not 'prisoner'), Working On The Highway, He's Guilty (Send That Boy To Jail), and Jackson Cage. (and there is also a 'cage' in the never played live Happy). Also Nebraska, Johnny 99 and Dead Man Walking. And these are only the first thoughts.

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

On 2/27/2021 at 5:29 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Please release next archive release forth with before i fill the available space up with crap again 

...or before you fill the available space up with photos of a certain well-known male person in an orange swimming suit.

• Haha 1

It’s gotta be MSG 06/27/00

Many believe that was the best show of the ten night stand, but I find 07/01/00 to be slightly better due to the historical importance of that show and the rarities (Lost in the Flood, E-Street Shuffle, Blood Brothers, Code of Silence).

6 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

6/25/06 PNC ARTS has

THE DARING YOUNG MAN ON THE FLYING TRAPEZE - Acrobat

LONG BLACK VEIL - Prisoner

Not sure about the diplomat

Daring Young Man on the Flying Trapeze is on my archive wishlist, so I wouldn't be mad. 

5 hours ago, Lampi said:

...or before you fill the available space up with photos of a certain well-known male person in an orange swimming suit.

I never delete those :lol:

Actually i had to delete a couple of Queen Maxima :(

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

OMG OMG OMG OMG OMG !!!!

I kid you not my Dutch freind

This just poped up first up on my Google feed :lol:

https://amp.usatoday.com/amp/6871524002

Edit wait not that one dam it. thats something elsev

dam it the cut and paste didn't work

Hold on a mo ...

This is it

https://www.thecut.com/2018/07/bruce-springsteen-photos.html

• Haha 1
8 hours ago, Lampi said:

There are also some references to acrobats in Wild Billy's Circus Story (not the word 'acrobat' itself).

But no...they really should think about more difficult clues, it seems.

It was also inevitable there would be a return to the NYC 2000 stand at a certain moment. Especially as -apparently- even from this tour not that many shows were recorded as one might assume.

Edit: see now the OP in the topic 'Next live archive delayed a week' also mentioned Wild Billy.

While all evidence points to the 2000 show, there are quite some songs where the word prisoner is not used literally, but which have something to do with prison, (ending up in) jail: Straight Time (which mentions 'prison', not 'prisoner'), Working On The Highway, He's Guilty (Send That Boy To Jail), and Jackson Cage. (and there is also a 'cage' in the never played live Happy). Also Nebraska, Johnny 99 and Dead Man Walking. And these are only the first thoughts.

I'm going to hold on to my prediction of 2000-06-27, though those are good points about "the prisoner."  The acrobat etc. could of course be there just to make us guess in vain... The last release was a TGOTJ-show and they probably won't follow that with a D&D-show so that practically rules out some "prisoner"-songs. Also in the Nebraska-song the guy would more likely be described as "a serial killer" than "the prisoner." 

17 hours ago, Niels said:

Would be the 5th release of that tour already then 

And you know what, I’m here for it. 

I really don’t mind paying around £10 for a show in excellent quality, mixed from the multitrack. Compared to all the hours I had to leave my computer on (owing to awful internet upload speeds back in the day) to ensure that I didn’t get kicked off torrent sites for not seeding, the money I spent on blanks and postage and the time I’d spend awaiting parcels of CDs and DVDs to arrive, this series is still worth it.

• Like 1
18 hours ago, Niels said:

Would be the 5th release of that tour already then 

This year I think they are going to release the 5th show of the main tours where stuff is available: The River Tour, Born In The USA Tour, Tunnel Of Love Tour, Reunion Tour, Devils & Dust Tour, Magic Tour .

Last December they released the 5th show of the Working On A Dream Tour. Only from Darkness Tour and Wrecking Ball Tour they have released more shows, though it is possible they are running out the multitracks of the Darkness Tour.

I also think it is very likely they'll release a new Wrecking Ball show this year (from 2013).

37 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

And you know what, I’m here for it. 

I really don’t mind paying around £10 for a show in excellent quality, mixed from the multitrack. Compared to all the hours I had to leave my computer on (owing to awful internet upload speeds back in the day) to ensure that I didn’t get kicked off torrent sites for not seeding, the money I spent on blanks and postage and the time I’d spend awaiting parcels of CDs and DVDs to arrive, this series is still worth it.

It's not meant as a complaint. I own every archive release and love listening to them, but you can still prefer one show over the other. Personally I think these reunion shows are all quite similar and the setlists aren't too special, but I'd still gladly take it of course. 

• Like 1
12 minutes ago, audelish70 said:

I also think it is very likely they'll release a new Wrecking Ball show this year (from 2013).

From 2013 I'd happily take:

• Any show in Wales
  • Any show including 'TV Movie'
  • Any show with Eric Burdon as guest
  • Like 2
  • Haha 4
2 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

• Any show in Wales

Cardiff 2013 and Kilkenny#2 2013 are my main bets for an eventual 2013 release. Both are very good shows with very good setlists.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

• Any show in Wales

Unbelievable energy that night. He seemed to be in such a good mood, too. 

I don't think he played a slow song until the encores.

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

• Any show in Wales

That was the night before one of my favorite downloads. 

40 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Unbelievable energy that night. He seemed to be in such a good mood, too. 

I don't think he played a slow song until the encores.

He did play My City of Ruins about way through.  

14 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

(post deleted because very off-topic and before a private conversation that, indeed, should be a private conversation, will derail this topic).

• Thanks 1
1 hour ago, Lampi said:

(post deleted because very off-topic and before a private conversation that, indeed, should be a private conversation, will derail this topic).

Fare enough Lampi :)

I didn't mean to cause you any offence by posting that first link in error 

I left it in there just for a laugh 

Listening to the latest None But The Brave podcast, Flynn's insider snippets confirm pretty much what we suspected regarding several shows from 1975-1988.

Even more worryingly, in looking ahead to next week's episode (covering 1992-present), his teaser about the Rising shows sounded very, very bleak.

That we've not even had a remixed Barcelona or anything from East Rutherford/Boston makes me suspect - and Flynn may confirm this - that they were also stored on the same format as the rest of the tour. 

It still begs the question: how did Helsinki, of all the shows, survive?!

• Like 3
11 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

Listening to the latest None But The Brave podcast, Flynn's insider snippets confirm pretty much what we suspected regarding several shows from 1975-1988.

Even more worryingly, in looking ahead to next week's episode (covering 1992-present), his teaser about the Rising shows sounded very, very bleak.

That we've not even had a remixed Barcelona or anything from East Rutherford/Boston makes me suspect - and Flynn may confirm this - that they were also stored on the same format as the rest of the tour. 

The Helsinki one sounds phenomenal too, such a great mix. A real shame if no others from The Rising tour can be salvaged. 

• Like 1
5 minutes ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

If I were to chose a Rising show (if it was easy) I'd go for either Barcelona 2002, or Giants Stadium 2003 or Shea 2003. But any Rising show I would accept, if it was easy as I say. 

Milan 2003!

• Like 1
6 hours ago, Nick21 said:

I think helsinki was the first successful attempt to recover the DSD recordings. But it didn't sell well enough to justify the work for more releases

The few snippets we had from MSG 2000 in the DVD (of Back in your Arms and Adam Raised a Cain- plus Ties that Bind even if it was 2 days later) make MSG #7 a great release

On 3/3/2021 at 11:23 AM, Breakaway said:

I'm going to hold on to my prediction of 2000-06-27, though those are good points about "the prisoner."  The acrobat etc. could of course be there just to make us guess in vain... The last release was a TGOTJ-show and they probably won't follow that with a D&D-show so that practically rules out some "prisoner"-songs. Also in the Nebraska-song the guy would more likely be described as "a serial killer" than "the prisoner." 

23 minutes ago, lilbud said:

I think helsinki was the first successful attempt to recover the DSD recordings. But it didn't sell well enough to justify the work for more releases

I don't know...  in the same nbtb podcast, they reasoned about the "must" release of historically significant shows (as soundboard, enhanced radio tapes...).

For the Rising tour, I think, we could name quickly 2 or 3 shows as historically significant to justify a greater effort: the likes of Shea 2, AC. Maybe one of the European shows in the autumn 2002 as an extra...

Besides: btx/dark side (on my device) seems to be down since march first. Anybody else has the same problem?

• Like 2
1 hour ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

If I were to chose a Rising show (if it was easy) I'd go for either Barcelona 2002

If they release a show that's already available on DVD, then we know the rest of the recordings are irretrievably buggered.

Such a release would also need the consent of Sony, as the show is licenced to them for the DVD. However, as they get 12.5% from the downloads, it would probably be worth their while to consent.

59 minutes ago, theseshadows said:

I don't know...  in the same nbtb podcast, they reasoned about the "must" release of historically significant shows (as soundboard, enhanced radio tapes...).

For the Rising tour, I think, we could name quickly 2 or 3 shows as historically significant to justify a greater effort: the likes of Shea 2, AC. Maybe one of the European shows in the autumn 2002 as an extra...

Besides: btx/dark side (on my device) seems to be down since march first. Anybody else has the same problem?

Yeah, they've been down since yesterday or the day before for me. The site is back up, but there hasn't been any new posts since