Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

13 minutes ago, Lampi said:

What I was talking about was some years ago, with a more or less official denial the Helsinki show was chosen just because it was a sort of standard show with no problem if it would get lost.

So i need all the techknowlegy on the WB tour to become absolute and then they will work on Moncton ?

17 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

So i need all the techknowlegy on the WB tour to become absolute and then they will work on Moncton ?

Daisey.

What I said.

Helsinki was NOT chosen because it would be no problem if it would get lost [or at least they said so].

It seems Helsinki was chosen because -it seems- they wanted the first Rising show to be a solid show with a standard setlist, representative of a regular Rising Tour show.

Which makes sense, considering it was also said, in the early beginning, they would not release all the special, legendary shows first.

• Thanks 1

Might be alone in this but I preferred it when there were no hints to the new release. So far the hints have been far too easy to guess so the element of surprise won't be there on a Friday. Looks like we already know it will be the Reunion Tour show this Friday.

That being said, if they make the hints more difficult and challenging it would be fun. 

• Like 2

What strikes me as just a bit odd is that NBTB announced ahead of time that Flynn is writing the review for this archive, like why announce that ahead of time? 

If it's 06/27/2000, maybe they're getting him to write it because he mixed and released an IEM/Aud mix for that show.

Or it's something special we're getting this week and announcing that he is writing it (something they've never done before, as it doesn't really matter who writes it). Is an indication that this release is going to be special.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, lilbud said:

What strikes me as just a bit odd is that NBTB announced ahead of time that Flynn is writing the review for this archive, like why announce that ahead of time? 

Is Erik all worded out?

12 hours ago, lilbud said:

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Is Erik all worded out?

I suspect Flynn is writing the review for Backstreets and Erick will provide the standard nugs review.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

What is the source of this intel?

Everyone thinks they've definitely solved the clue and are deadset on a reunion release, specifically 6/27/2000.

I personally think its going to be something different, it's only been a few months since the last.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Everyone thinks they've definitely solved the clue and are deadset on a reunion release, specifically 6/27/2000.

I personally think its going to be something different, it's only been a few months since the last.

What was the clue?  I missed it

6 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

What was the clue?  I missed it

image.png.868d49d0cbc48c1eb802e93a9b494648.png

Diplomat: Blinded by the Light 

Acrobat: Wild Billy

Prisoner: Mary Queen of Arkansas, Adam Raised a Cain

Those are the generally accepted ones I've seen. Which most likely means a show where all of those songs were played. Acrobat and Prisoner could be up to some interpretation. 

Many think 6/27/2000, has the first Blinded, Mary, and Adam. 

I think it'll be something else, I have my fingers crossed for our first pre 75 show (many of the early shows would've had those). Or maybe a 2005 show (I think there is a few with some combination of those songs.

5 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Those are the generally accepted ones I've seen. Which most likely means a show where all of those songs were played. Acrobat and Prisoner could be up to some interpretation. 

I think it'll be something else, I have my fingers crossed for our first pre 75 show (many of the early shows would've had those). Or maybe a 2005 show (I think there is a few with some combination of those songs.

Is there an acrobat in Wild Billy?

Pretty sure "acrobat" is Mary Queen of Arkansas and prisoner is Adam and back in your arms.

1 minute ago, DennisC said:

Pretty sure "acrobat" is Mary Queen of Arkansas and prisoner is Adam and back in your arms.

Correct.

"Well, I'm just a lonely acrobat, the livewire is my trade..."

Still, backs up the 27 June 2000 speculation!

10 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Or maybe a 2005 show (I think there is a few with some combination of those songs.

Mary wasn't played in 2005. BUT...

Blinded and Adam and DRIVE ALL NIGHT ("Lying in the heat of the night like prisoners all our lives") came out at Norfolk, VA, 11 November 2005... 

• Bruuuuce! 1

6 minutes ago, DennisC said:

well acrobat would go with circus, which is where Wild Billy's is set. 

1 hour ago, lilbud said:

diplomat : mary queen of arkansas

acrobat : blinded by the light

prisoner : adam raised a cain

if it's MSG#7 2000 the only(best ever) performance of Back in Your Arms would worth the price

Even Trapped is one of the best ever performance with C and Max at their peak..  

2 hours ago, lilbud said:

Ah!  Thanks

2 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

diplomat : mary queen of arkansas

acrobat : blinded by the light

prisoner : adam raised a cain

if it's MSG#7 2000 the only(best ever) performance of Back in Your Arms would worth the price

Even Trapped is one of the best ever performance with C and Max at their peak..  

I think you got those backwards, Blinded is diplomat (indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat)

19 minutes ago, lilbud said:

I think you got those backwards, Blinded is diplomat (indians in the summer with a teenage diplomat)

sorry! acrobat : mary queen of arkansas and (yes!) diplomat : blinded by the light 

no reaction about it?

4 hours ago, lilbud said:

Ive long been waiting for a pre 75 show another reunion show woudnt hold much interest for me personally.

4 minutes ago, Glenntennis87 said:

Ive long been waiting for a pre 75 show another reunion show woudnt hold much interest for me personally.

an official release of walking the dog would have been great

but bruce's big voice wouldn't bother me much this week:D