Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

5 hours ago, DennisC said:

Is there an acrobat in Wild Billy?

The Flying Zambinis, and also 'tightrope' and 'he's gonna miss his fall'.

The word 'acrobat' is not mentioned, literally.

11 hours ago, Lampi said:

The Flying Zambinis, and also 'tightrope' and 'he's gonna miss his fall'.

The word 'acrobat' is not mentioned, literally.

I think the most relevant solve of tweet posted is MSG 2000 especially for the reason that song that it refers to were not regular of the tour and not the structure of the set and encores

On 3/8/2021 at 10:52 AM, Lampi said:

Daisey.

What I said.

Helsinki was NOT chosen because it would be no problem if it would get lost [or at least they said so].

It seems Helsinki was chosen because -it seems- they wanted the first Rising show to be a solid show with a standard setlist, representative of a regular Rising Tour show.

Which makes sense, considering it was also said, in the early beginning, they would not release all the special, legendary shows first.

:)

So Moncton would be a show in then :lol:

13 hours ago, Perisic said:

I'd prefer the 2000 show, I'm a sucker for the post reunion era.

Likewise. I'm also not in desperate need for anything pre-1975. Those shows don't do much for me, relatively speaking.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

19 hours ago, Nick21 said:

Likewise. I'm also not in desperate need for anything pre-1975. Those shows don't do much for me, relatively speaking.

Sad, but true. I don’t think I care about any pre-1975 show bring released. I much prefer getting a Reunion-era release instead.

If we are indeed getting MSG 06/27/00 then that is very good news. The last four shows of that 2000 stand in New York were phenomenal.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, One_Step_Up said:

Sad, but true. I don’t think I care about any pre-1975 show bring released. I much prefer getting a Reunion-era release instead.

If we are indeed getting MSG 06/27/00 then that is very good news. The last four shows of that 2000 stand in New York were phenomenal.

I'm not be original on that one as I'm waiting them for years now to release one of the show of this stand (apart the last one that we already had 90% of it except a full Blood Brothers)

But about this stand, as you said it the last 4 were great.. And it's sad that you probably have to wait years to have others shows of this stand.

June 27 is great but it's not the best of the series (July 1st is better I think even if we got some quality releases like Adam Raised a Cain, Back in Your Arms, Mary Queen of Arkansas, Loose Ends, Blinded that are all great)

Don't knwo if a guy from Bruce inc or NUGs will read this but the others ones are really big.. And for me better than for example the famous Hartford show (that is amazing too but not the same level) 

Like MSG #6 (June 26 2000), you have in one show, one of the best ever Racing in the Street, same for Two Hearts, For You, Donwbound Train, She's the One, Night, prove it all Night, 10th avenue with a great My Girl, badlands, thunder road)

Another one not mentions very often (MSG#5) - of June 22 2000 - that has Incident on 57th Street, Secret Garden, Ghost of Tom Joad with Soozie Tyrell, Sherry Darling too, a great Darkness mix (Another Thin Line - Don't Look Back - prove it All Night - 2 hearts - Something in the Night)

Same for MSG#6 (June 23 2000) with (for me again) the best Meeting Across The River / Jungleland played since shows like passaic 78.. plus Human Touch, Sandy, Dead Man Walkin', point blank, Bus at 82nd Street,

I will not make a big list of the 10 (just few examples) but a collection of these shows would have been amazing and I think there can be a great alternative of the archive release. Like collection of LA 80 (or shows around that period - late 80 Texas shows that followed Tempe 80 were great too), collection of NJ/LA/philly 84/85 

For example, I would have prefer to have the three 78 passaic shows in one as they got the 3 of them

For example, if you take the Reunion Tour, when they released LA/philly 99, they could have release more shows from this stand. They got very probably 1999/10/17 from LA but also 1999/09/21 from philly with again great songs rarely played  like Little Queenie and it is always to hear multiple shows of the same stand. Or like the three Dublin 2006 (with Shenandoah, The River etc etc..) They have the three and each releases would have been amazing. Without even mentioning what they can release with the 1999 New Jersey shows... With Frankie, Rosalita, Jersey Girl, Trouble River, Sandy, NYC Serenade etc etc. 

The only problem would be first the price and technically whether they have those files or not (multitrack or not. But I don't think it is such a big problem especially when shows like we never expected them to have like the last philly from 99 have been released

In the end i can mention 50 amazing shows unreleased yet by the archive series which would need years before getting releases

• Bruuuuce! 2

I had the opportunity to see MSG #4,5 and 6 during that incredible run in june-july 2000.

And although each of these shows could be considered epic to me #4 will always stand out as the best show I´ll ever saw with Bruce and the band. The opening 5 songs were just _incredible_ in intensity. 

And I will never ever forget when Roy hit the opening piano notes for New York City Serenade. It was pure magic.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 2

4 hours ago, DennisC said:

I had the opportunity to see MSG #4,5 and 6 during that incredible run in june-july 2000.

And although each of these shows could be considered epic to me #4 will always stand out as the best show I´ll ever saw with Bruce and the band. The opening 5 songs were just _incredible_ in intensity. 

And I will never ever forget when Roy hit the opening piano notes for New York City Serenade. It was pure magic.

The thing I love about these is how Bruce works on the setlist and it was a kind of ''revolution'' when you compare it to the others Reunion show.. They just got to release them only for this reason 

For MSG#4  it was really genius to play consecutively Take'em As they Come, prove it all night, Two Hearts, Candy's Room and Independence Day.. Same after 10th avenue, to play ''Hard to Be A Saint / Ghost of Tom Joad / NYC Serenade'' 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sean McNeill said:

Which shows (in the run) were used for Live in New York City? I forget.

June 29 and July 1st and also some parts of June 27th

14 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

yeah but nothing on the radio, no clues about how will be released ? i'm not sure about 2000 MSG#7 

Still too early - it’s 2:15am on the East Coast right now.

Any E Street Radio teases come around midday EDT. 

On 3/8/2021 at 7:13 PM, mxschrtt said:

Is a release of this show possible ? 

March 3, 1974 in Washington D.C. at Georgetown University.

Hi,

I actually posted a great boot of this show on the Boot Collectors thread yesterday, coincidentally!

Head over there if you want a copy.... :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mickb said:

Hi,

I actually posted a great boot of this show on the Boot Collectors thread yesterday, coincidentally!

Head over there if you want a copy.... :)

Hi mick, i hope you're fine! 

Thanks for your share, i haven't been on this thread since a week now, i'll check it! I think I have this show but i'm not sure (don't have many from 1974 unfortunately)

No certitude we have MSG#7 today, but I listened again Racing in the Street from the night before! No comments needed I guess  

Take care of yourself everyone!

• Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1

14 minutes ago, the highway is alive said:

Twitter saying it's Sunderland 2012

Where is this mentioned?