Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

Just now, the highway is alive said:

This isn't taken from Backstreets, this is taken from Twitter.

Ummm...there is a lot of stuff being posted on twitter. The question is which actual person or which account on twitter did that say? "Twitter" alone is not a source for anything.

2 minutes ago, the highway is alive said:

This isn't taken from Backstreets, this is taken from Twitter.

Which Twitter account??

36 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Which account?

Backstreets? Flynn ?

31 minutes ago, Marnix said:

Which Twitter account??

Crikey - the tweet isn't giving directions to El Dorado.  The thing will be released in a couple of hours. 

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

I Can find no mention of it being Sunderland 2012. We've already had a 2012 show in January. it could still be MSG (June 27th, 2000)

This is a troll job. I remember someone pulled this exact same shit about 2 years ago over on BTX. And given that BTX has been down all week I'm guessing some of them are migrating over here to have their fun. It won't be Sunderland. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not next month. Not next year. Not ever.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, State Throoper said:

This is a troll job. I remember someone pulled this exact same shit about 2 years ago over on BTX. And given that BTX has been down all week I'm guessing some of them are migrating over here to have their fun. It won't be Sunderland. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not next month. Not next year. Not ever.

Why so sure?

Sunderland 2012 setlist

SUNDERLAND, ENGLAND

BADLANDS / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / MY CITY OF RUINS / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET? / JACK OF ALL TRADES / YOUNGSTOWN / MURDER INCORPORATED / JOHNNY 99 / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE PROMISED LAND / POINT BLANK / THE RIVER / THE RISING / OUT IN THE STREET / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / WE ARE ALIVE / THUNDER ROAD / BORN TO RUN / HUNGRY HEART / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / GLORY DAYS / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

Held at the home of Sunderland AFC. 28-song set for the first of three shows in England. It's Nils 61st birthday and he celebrated it on stage. "Point Blank" remains in the set, "Born In The U.S.A." is dropped for the first time since it was premiered in Las Palmas on May 15, and "Rocky Ground" is also skipped. "My City Of Ruins" includes a snippet of "Sad Mood". "Spirit In The Night" was last played in the UK in 1975. Set also includes the 300th performance of "Waitin' On A Sunny Day". First ever performances in England of "We Take Care Of Our Own", "Wrecking Ball", "Death To My Hometown", "Jack Of All Trades", "Shackled And Drawn", and "We Are Alive". Patti Scialfa is not present.

1 hour ago, State Throoper said:

It's still more likely to be released than 'House On Fire'

image.png.560d1948ab12cfcf12eaf0dbfaf3bebe.png

• Haha 3

27 minutes ago, the highway is alive said:

Sunderland 2012 setlist

SUNDERLAND, ENGLAND

BADLANDS / WE TAKE CARE OF OUR OWN / WRECKING BALL / DEATH TO MY HOMETOWN / MY CITY OF RUINS / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / DOES THIS BUS STOP AT 82ND STREET? / JACK OF ALL TRADES / YOUNGSTOWN / MURDER INCORPORATED / JOHNNY 99 / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / SHACKLED AND DRAWN / WAITIN' ON A SUNNY DAY / THE PROMISED LAND / POINT BLANK / THE RIVER / THE RISING / OUT IN THE STREET / LAND OF HOPE AND DREAMS - PEOPLE GET READY / WE ARE ALIVE / THUNDER ROAD / BORN TO RUN / HUNGRY HEART / SEVEN NIGHTS TO ROCK / GLORY DAYS / DANCING IN THE DARK / TENTH AVENUE FREEZE-OUT

Held at the home of Sunderland AFC. 28-song set for the first of three shows in England. It's Nils 61st birthday and he celebrated it on stage. "Point Blank" remains in the set, "Born In The U.S.A." is dropped for the first time since it was premiered in Las Palmas on May 15, and "Rocky Ground" is also skipped. "My City Of Ruins" includes a snippet of "Sad Mood". "Spirit In The Night" was last played in the UK in 1975. Set also includes the 300th performance of "Waitin' On A Sunny Day". First ever performances in England of "We Take Care Of Our Own", "Wrecking Ball", "Death To My Hometown", "Jack Of All Trades", "Shackled And Drawn", and "We Are Alive". Patti Scialfa is not present.

Please post this in a thread were it holds any kind of relevance.

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

It would make a great Christmas release... in 2030 ;). There are at least 20 shows from 2012 I'd pick before that one.

Just sarcasm

That came with this terrible wait, not about which show will they release but whether it will be MSG#7 or not.. We can have a standard Magic show with some rarities but nothing special.. Like another TOL show  

10 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Would be amazed to open greasylake one day and find a thread named ''Not one more day without Sunderland 2012'' :D:D

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, DennisC said:

Well, if anything, it is pretty relevant here.

This thread has basically turned into "would it be cool if they released X?", hasn't been a proper rumor in quite a while. And even then it was from E St Radio announcing it early.

• Haha 1