Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

2 hours ago, Sean McNeill said:

Why so sure?

Because I'm a time traveler and by the end of the archive series in the year 2056 every show from the Wrecking Ball tour was released EXCEPT for Sunderland. Believe me, Sunderlandgate becomes a MASSIVE source of contention among the fans on BTLake (BTX and Greasy Lake merge into a super-forum in 2033 after the Pony Boy Wars) leading to the creation of 2 religions that lead to the destruction of the Springsteen message board community.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, the highway is alive said:

Extremely piss poor for Bruce Inc to cock tease us with Sunderland 2012 and then release a show from 00. Pure bait and switch.

Ah yes, they completely bamboozled us, oh the horror. 

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, the highway is alive said:

cock tease

Joad Tour show with Pilgrim In The Temple Of Love on the setlist.

(Or a show with Red Headed Woman..........:ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r::ph34r:)

11 hours ago, State Throoper said:

This is a troll job. I remember someone pulled this exact same shit about 2 years ago over on BTX. And given that BTX has been down all week I'm guessing some of them are migrating over here to have their fun. It won't be Sunderland. Not today. Not tomorrow. Not next month. Not next year. Not ever.

Hay 

Hi :)

Nice to see you

9 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I've only got through the first paragraph. Looks like Erik is going to like it

image.png.f58d719db2a08176aa5e7ef35e78f6eb.png

Oh fuck him

You can't just judge fandom on bow many fucking shows you get to go to

3 hours ago, Daisey Jeep said:

Oh fuck him

You can't just judge fandom on bow many fucking shows you get to go to

I don’t think Erik should be faulted for his reviews. He’s probably told not to point out any flaws and just focus on the positives/reasons why the customer should buy the release.

1 hour ago, One_Step_Up said:

I don’t think Erik should be faulted for his reviews. He’s probably told not to point out any flaws and just focus on the positives/reasons why the customer should buy the release.

Well yes,

But i feel personally offended to have fandon judged by how many shows one can go to

Have you priced a plane ticket between  NZ and the US East coast lately ? (Pre covid i mean) 

3 hours ago, One_Step_Up said:

Yep. Erik is a salesman now.  After years of toiling on the fringes with Charlie Cross looking for an invite into the inner circle, he finally made it. He's not going to drop the ball now. Good luck to him.

• Like 1

So what's next ? I think this year we will have these dates: 

• certain = Born to Run, Magic (2008),  USA (85), DD
  • why not ? = Lawsuit, Rising (first 02), River (80), TOL, Human Touch (93)
  • maybe ? = Darkness, Seeger, WOAD (summer)

But the archive series might be suspended if they release a bigger thing  (I read a lot about Tracks II or a BITUSA box with the 81/82/83 outtakes including the electric session of Nebraska)

29 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

But the archive series might be suspended if they release a bigger thing  (I read a lot about Tracks II or a BITUSA box with the 81/82/83 outtakes including the electric session of Nebraska)

I expect at least one or two bigger shows which were used for the Live 1975-85 album. 
The chance of a Rising show is almost zero in my opinion. Also because we don’t hear anything about decoding those recordings anymore. 
Same as the 1976/77 shows I don’t expect more of these shows. 
If there will be a boxset release like Tracks or BITUSA they only postpone an archive release for a week or maybe two. 

4 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

For the rest of the year (9 months) my bet would be:

- Tunnel Of Love Express Tour, one from European leg: Sheffield 7/10/88, Basel 7/14/88, Barcelona 8/3/88.

- The River Tour, one from 1980: New York 12/18/80, New York 12/19/80.

- Other Band Tour, one from 1993: Dublin 5/20/93, Stockholm 5/28/93, Oslo 6/1/93.

- Devils & Dust Tour, one late show: Philadelphia 11/9/05, East Rutherford 11/17/05, Trenton 11/21/05.

- Magic Tour, one from 2007 European leg: Paris 12/17/07, London 12/19/07.

- Born In The USA Tour, one from 1985: Giants Stadium 8/19/85, Giants Stadium 8/21/85, Los Angeles 10/2/85.

- Darkness On The Edge Of Town Tour, one early show: Berkeley 7/1/78, Phoenix 7/8/78.

- Wrecking Ball Tour, one from 2013 European leg: Cardiff 7/23/13, Kilkenny 7/27/13.

- Born To Run Tour, one from December 1975: C.W. Post College 12/12/75.

I don't think they will suspend the nugs releases if they release Tracks 2 or BITUSA box. IMHO they will suspend the archive releases when they begin the Letter To You Tour next year (if they can do it, of course).

Regards

• Like 2