Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

Just now, Promise61 said:

Is there a thread called, Shows I've Attended That I Wish Nugs Would Put In The Archive Series?

No need to search further, you're already here

• Like 1
1 hour ago, lilbud said:

No need to search further, you're already here

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

You beat me to it!

You guys don't recognise sarcasm?

16 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

You guys don't recognise sarcasm?

You never got to see the equally sarcastic response I would have come up with ^_^

34 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

You never got to see the equally sarcastic response I would have come up with ^_^

...it's the "highest form of intelligence" and you've denied us.

1 minute ago, Promise61 said:

...it's the "highest form of intelligence" and you've denied us.

Have you heard about the very poor quality grain grown in caves in the Channel Islands?

Spoiler

Sark Cavern is the lowest form of wheat!

• Haha 1

(deleted; I posted this [which I deleted] before I read the horrible news and posting in other topics is not important now).

• Hug 1
1 hour ago, springsteenfannor said:

Wembley 2013

bring it on

A couple of exceptions aside - Melbourne #3, Turku #2 Cardiff - I'd prefer it if they stuck to covering 2012 on the Wrecking Ball for now. It's so much stronger than the following year and there's a smaller chance of running into "Pay Me..." (somehow, of the six 2012 performances of it, two have already come out in the series!)

We don't have an "Easy Money" archive yet, for example - something like the East Rutherford show (2012-04-04) has a fair few tracks off the album. And, of course, it was played at both of those Paris shows.

P.S. That's coming from somebody who was at Wembley. The June 2013 leg really left me cold - I genuinely considered selling my tickets for others shows at the end of the EU run as a result...

• Like 1
On 3/22/2021 at 9:44 PM, NoSurrender81 said:

My guess... next week a devils dust show...

Would that not be too close after the Joad show from Nice?

This would be a fantastic release:

2008-06-23 - SPORTPALEIS, ANTWERP, BELGIUM

SO YOUNG AND IN LOVE / RADIO NOWHERE / THE TIES THAT BIND / THE PROMISED LAND / SPIRIT IN THE NIGHT / MAGIC / TRAPPED / 4TH OF JULY, ASBURY PARK (SANDY) / PROVE IT ALL NIGHT / THUNDERCRACK / BECAUSE THE NIGHT / SHE'S THE ONE / LIVIN' IN THE FUTURE / MARY'S PLACE / FIRE / POINT BLANK / THE RISING / LAST TO DIE / LONG WALK HOME / BADLANDS / I'M A ROCKER / BORN TO RUN / THUNDER ROAD / GLORY DAYS / AMERICAN LAND

I remember it as one of the hottest shows I've seen in the 2000's.

• Love Love Love! 1

This would be a great BITUSA Tour release

1985-08-18 - GIANTS STADIUM, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / JOHNNY 99 / SEEDS / ATLANTIC CITY / THE RIVER / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / TRAPPED / DARLINGTON COUNTY / GLORY DAYS / THE PROMISED LAND / MY HOMETOWN / THUNDER ROAD / COVER ME / DANCING IN THE DARK / HUNGRY HEART / CADILLAC RANCH / DOWNBOUND TRAIN / I'M ON FIRE / PINK CADILLAC / BOBBY JEAN / THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND / BORN TO RUN / RAMROD / TWIST AND SHOUT - DO YOU LOVE ME / JERSEY GIRL / SHERRY DARLING 

or any show of those 6 nights

3 hours ago, reverend said:

This would be a fantastic release: 2008-06-23 - SPORTPALEIS, ANTWERP, BELGIUM

I remember it as one of the hottest shows I've seen in the 2000's.

Yes indeed.

If this show, a rare post-2007 European indoor show, was a show in Spain, Italy or Sweden (or Paris or London), it would probably have classic status as one of the greatest shows of the Magic Tour; or maybe even one of the greatest European shows in the Reunion Era. Not so now, because of the not-so-famous location (see also: Frankfurt 2009).

(I did not see this show in person myself BTW).

4 hours ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

This would be a great BITUSA Tour release

1985-08-18 - GIANTS STADIUM, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / JOHNNY 99 / SEEDS / ATLANTIC CITY / THE RIVER / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / TRAPPED / DARLINGTON COUNTY / GLORY DAYS / THE PROMISED LAND / MY HOMETOWN / THUNDER ROAD / COVER ME / DANCING IN THE DARK / HUNGRY HEART / CADILLAC RANCH / DOWNBOUND TRAIN / I'M ON FIRE / PINK CADILLAC / BOBBY JEAN / THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND / BORN TO RUN / RAMROD / TWIST AND SHOUT - DO YOU LOVE ME / JERSEY GIRL / SHERRY DARLING 

or any show of those 6 nights

LA 85 is identical, i thnik there are just Sherry Darling and pink Cadillac

I don't know why but I see strangely Philly 84 coming out next week.. The big ones with Point Blank or Independence Day

and State Trooper of course:D:D 

10 hours ago, Lampi said:

Yes indeed.

If this show, a rare post-2007 European indoor show, was a show in Spain, Italy or Sweden (or Paris or London), it would probably have classic status as one of the greatest shows of the Magic Tour; or maybe even one of the greatest European shows in the Reunion Era. Not so now, because of the not-so-famous location (see also: Frankfurt 2009).

(I did not see this show in person myself BTW).

Agreed. Always loved the addition of “Point Blank” before the set-closing pack. And no “Sunny Day”! Fun opener, “She’s The One” to “Because...” is always great, and a rare “I’m a Rocker” for the time. 

Nice 1997 (and even Leeds 2013, among others) showed that they’re not afraid to release shows from the smaller cities, so hopefully this one will see the light before long.

You would think they have a bucket load of potential ESB shows in multi-track from 2007-2013 which could be released as a means of keeping the archive series running for years. There is clearly limited stuff from early tours available but if they are sprinkled in here and there it stops it becoming too predictable.