Greasy Lake Community

15 hours ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

This would be a great BITUSA Tour release

1985-08-18 - GIANTS STADIUM, EAST RUTHERFORD, NJ

BORN IN THE U.S.A. / BADLANDS / OUT IN THE STREET / JOHNNY 99 / SEEDS / ATLANTIC CITY / THE RIVER / WORKING ON THE HIGHWAY / TRAPPED / DARLINGTON COUNTY / GLORY DAYS / THE PROMISED LAND / MY HOMETOWN / THUNDER ROAD / COVER ME / DANCING IN THE DARK / HUNGRY HEART / CADILLAC RANCH / DOWNBOUND TRAIN / I'M ON FIRE / PINK CADILLAC / BOBBY JEAN / THIS LAND IS YOUR LAND / BORN TO RUN / RAMROD / TWIST AND SHOUT - DO YOU LOVE ME / JERSEY GIRL / SHERRY DARLING 

or any show of those 6 nights

I am hoping for the BIUSA deluxe box this summer (rather than Tracks 2) so I'm hoping that Archives don't release a 1984/85 show anytime soon.

He's got that Sony contract that requires box sets and, with no touring, summer is a perfect time to release one - I hope they don't wait until the Christmas market/season.

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

I don't know why but I see strangely Philly 84 coming out next week.. 

Only if they release a soundboard, I'm afraid.

2 hours ago, muscum said:

I am hoping for the BIUSA deluxe box this summer (rather than Tracks 2) so I'm hoping that Archives don't release a 1984/85 show anytime soon.

Maybe in reverse; a BUSA show soon -could even be next Friday- and then BUSA Box end of the year; so there is some distance in time (5,6,7 months) between both releases.

But then, maybe not an issue at all for Sony, because of the different target audiences.

The Archive shows are mostly bought by diehard fans. The VERY BIG BUSA Box also. But likely there will be more different formats:  1 CD release of just re-mastered original album, 2 CD, 3CD + 1 DVD (Los Angeles 1985), all aimed at a more general audience. Making speculation about some distance in time between Nugs release and Sony release somewhat redundant (maybe).

7 hours ago, Lampi said:

Only if they release a soundboard, I'm afraid.

No clear information about what they might have from Philly 84

I think they might have at least one in good quality and not soundboard.. I can't see the Archive Series going without releasing one from Phill 84/85 (especially when we already have a show in NJ/LA from BITUSA tour)

It is possible that it be Oakland 85 maybe (the one with one of the greatest Stolen Car) and more probable maybe. It would be an amazing release too

48 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

No clear information about what they might have from Philly 84

I think they might have at least one in good quality and not soundboard.. I can't see the Archive Series going without releasing one from Phill 84/85 (especially when we already have a show in NJ/LA from BITUSA tour)

It is possible that it be Oakland 85 maybe (the one with one of the greatest Stolen Car) and more probable maybe. It would be an amazing release too

Listen to None But The Brave podcast. Seems pretty likely that they only have NJ 84, NJ/LA 85

34 minutes ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

Listen to None But The Brave podcast. Seems pretty likely that they only have NJ 84, NJ/LA 85

That is what I meant.

That is: 4 shows (out of 10) from NJ 1984, shows nrs. 1, 2, 9 and 10 (only nr. 9 not released yet).

All 4 shows from L.A. 1985.

An unknown number of the 6 shows from NJ 1985. I would say -but that is only speculation-: as we already had 3 NJ 1984 shows, and not one show yet from this stand, it is unlikely all 6 shows were recorded.

That's all folks, or at least it seems so. Which doesn't rule out soundboard recordings of other shows.

2 hours ago, Lampi said:

That is what I meant.

That is: 4 shows (out of 10) from NJ 1984, shows nrs. 1, 2, 9 and 10 (only nr. 9 not released yet).

All 4 shows from L.A. 1985.

An unknown number of the 6 shows from NJ 1985. I would say -but that is only speculation-: as we already had 3 NJ 1984 shows, and not one show yet from this stand, it is unlikely all 6 shows were recorded.

That's all folks, or at least it seems so. Which doesn't rule out soundboard recordings of other shows.

1985-08-19 and 1985-08-21 were recorded - hoping 1985-08-31 was too.

5 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

How did they have a clip Oakland 85 for Stolen Car that is the same quality to the document they have from those NJ/LA BITUSA shows ?
Can't believe they don't have an audio tape of this show. Same discussion. It was the same thing for Rising shows, and Helsinki came out. Same for some Reunion shows (September 99 - philly and chicago) and they release two multitrack shows.. I don't really buy it now especially when there are too much exceptions.    

7 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

How did they have a clip Oakland 85 for Stolen Car that is the same quality to the document they have from those NJ/LA BITUSA shows ?
Can't believe they don't have an audio tape of this show. Same discussion. It was the same thing for Rising shows, and Helsinki came out. Same for some Reunion shows (September 99 - philly and chicago) and they release two multitrack shows.. I don't really buy it now especially when there are too much exceptions.    

They have _video_ of every show in 1985 including an accompanying audiotrack. A multitrack recording of these shows is a whole different ballgame though.

• Like 1
7 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

It was used in a 1998 BBC Documentary about Bruce called Bruce Springsteen A Secret History 

25 minutes ago, DennisC said:

They have _video_ of every show in 1985 including an accompanying audiotrack.

If only these could be made available to download as mp4 files or something. Would be incredible. 

• Like 1
7 hours ago, DennisC said:

They have _video_ of every show in 1985 including an accompanying audiotrack. A multitrack recording of these shows is a whole different ballgame though.

I agree with that. I only meant that we have no clear information about what they could have and examples like philly 99 is a proof and helsinki 03 too

3 hours ago, mxschrtt said:

I agree with that. I only meant that we have no clear information about what they could have and examples like philly 99 is a proof and helsinki 03 too

I think its pretty clear that the picture gets murkier from 92/93 to present, though it seems pretty well know what they  do and don't have in multi-tracks from 73-88.

Whether or not they have something in "good quality" that aren't multi-tracks is another discussion entirely, but since they seem disinclined to release anything that isn't multi tracks, is that a discussion worth having at this point? Or anything worth getting excited over?

55 minutes ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

since they seem disinclined to release anything that isn't multi tracks, is that a discussion worth having at this point? Or anything worth getting excited over?

The 1977 shows were not multitracks; but what happened then proves your point.

It seems everything was recorded from 2005 onwards, and that there is not that much (anymore) from 70s and 80s (in multitracks). The real dark picture is 1992/1993, Joad and 1999/2000 (and Rising).

1 hour ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

I think its pretty clear that the picture gets murkier from 92/93 to present, though it seems pretty well know what they  do and don't have in multi-tracks from 73-88.

Whether or not they have something in "good quality" that aren't multi-tracks is another discussion entirely, but since they seem disinclined to release anything that isn't multi tracks, is that a discussion worth having at this point? Or anything worth getting excited over?

Winterland night 1 wasn’t a multi-track release, it was 15 IPS, two-track master reels. Maybe they have more shows like that in very good, releasable quality. 

3 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

It is a big discussion. The archive series is a big thing for hard Springsteen considering the fact that only very few shows were released professionally until 2016

Having that in mind, I would  prefer them to release for example Detroit 78 (the show with Chimes of Freedom, Lost in the Flood and The promise i think ?) even if if was not multitrack recorded than a show from Magic Tour or to take concret examples Helsinki 03

By the way, I know some shows were not multitrack released but I can't remember which ones ? Thanks in advance for the answer!

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Winterland night 1 wasn’t a multi-track release, it was 15 IPS, two-track master reels. Maybe they have more shows like that in very good, releasable quality. 

Yes, but they released that as a pair with the multi track Winterland 2.

I'd be totally down for more like that, but I don't see them releasing a random 15IPS for some Darkness or USA or River show as a standalone, before releasing all of the multi tracks from that tour first.

3 minutes ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

Yes, but they released that as a pair with the multi track Winterland 2.

I'd be totally down for more like that, but I don't see them releasing a random 15IPS for some Darkness or USA or River show as a standalone, before releasing all of the multi tracks from that tour first.

Like you said in this message I think their plan is to release all the multitrack tape they have and if they can combine some shows together for a multiple release, they will give it us 

11 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

It is a big discussion. The archive series is a big thing for hard Springsteen considering the fact that only very few shows were released professionally until 2016

Having that in mind, I would  prefer them to release for example Detroit 78 (the show with Chimes of Freedom, Lost in the Flood and The promise i think ?) even if if was not multitrack recorded than a show from Magic Tour or to take concret examples Helsinki 03

By the way, I know some shows were not multitrack released but I can't remember which ones ? Thanks in advance for the answer!

I think the non multitrack releases (please correct if im missing any) were:

- Agora 78

- 77 Shows

- Christic

- Winterland 1

6 minutes ago, mxschrtt said:

Like you said in this message I think their plan is to release all the multitrack tape they have and if they can combine some shows together for a multiple release, they will give it us 

I'd be all for that!