Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Recommended Posts

16 minutes ago, Okely Dokely said:

Isn’t this Friday a first Friday? Anybody heard anything?

What an actual rumour? In this thread? :lol:

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

13 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

I think the non multitrack releases (please correct if im missing any) were:

- Agora 78

- 77 Shows

- Christic

- Winterland 1

Were the Houston 78 release or the Bridge School 86 Benefit sourced from Multi-track tapes

Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

Were the Houston 78 release or the Bridge School 86 Benefit sourced from Multi-track tapes

Houston no. 

Not sure about bridge, though I think probably yes, since there have been, I think , other releases from the show more “official” than the archive series. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Hmmm...I would like 1992-07-23 East Rutherford this Friday, please.

It would probably disappoint a lot of people but I'd love to have the solo electric "Dancing in the dark" with great sound.

  • Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

Hmmm...I would like 1992-07-23 East Rutherford this Friday, please.

It would probably disappoint a lot of people but I'd love to have the solo electric "Dancing in the dark" with great sound.

That tour's one of the tours i'd like to see a show be released.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Okely Dokely said:

Isn’t this Friday a first Friday? Anybody heard anything?

There is not a clue (yet), if that is what you meant.

There is also not an announcement (yet) of a delay to Second Friday.

Both things could of course change in a few days.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Breakaway said:

Hmmm...I would like 1992-07-23 East Rutherford this Friday, please.

It would probably disappoint a lot of people but I'd love to have the solo electric "Dancing in the dark" with great sound.

Is there a YouTube video if this. Can’t remember if I’ve ever heard it on bootleg or not...

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2021 at 1:25 AM, Brucefaninnyc said:

I think the non multitrack releases (please correct if im missing any) were:

- Agora 78

- 77 Shows

- Christic

- Winterland 1

I'd be all for that!

The School Benefits 1986 is also if I am correct a soundboard and not a multi track 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Is there a YouTube video if this. Can’t remember if I’ve ever heard it on bootleg or not...

Yes, long time ago

Link to post
Share on other sites

The USA box will surely be a Christmas release, no? Suspect the earliest we’d get an announcement is late August (as per the Darkness box in 2010). The River box had a much smaller announcement —> release period from memory. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Nick21 said:

The USA box will surely be a Christmas release, no? Suspect the earliest we’d get an announcement is late August (as per the Darkness box in 2010). The River box had a much smaller announcement —> release period from memory. 

An ideal scenario for me would be Tracks 2 box autumn 2021, E-Street tour 2022 into 2023 and USA box released autumn 2022 while the band are already on the road, so that they can then slip some never-before-played-live USA outtakes into the set list. Including the live world premiere of Unsatisfied Heart, of course :D

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Been listening to the high resolution streaming of U2 Live Aid today in stunning 24 bit sound quality from Saturday 13th July 1985 at Wembley stadium. The whole Live Aid performances is on all streaming sites. 

I live in hope that the previous Saturday of July 6th, someone recorded the Bruce show as a precursor test event (my first show). Would be incredible to hear it in the same sound quality. 

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Old English Town said:

 so that they can then slip some never-before-played-live USA outtakes into the set list.

First thought then is the exitement before The River 2016 Tour about all those River outtakes that would now be played!

Frankly this was partial before it was known [the first U.S.A. leg] would be full River album performances.

Link to post
Share on other sites
31 minutes ago, Lampi said:

First thought then is the exitement before The River 2016 Tour about all those River outtakes that would now be played!

Good point.  The shows were “Meet Me In The City” followed by 3 hours of (variably uninspired, depending on the night) boss mode.

Hell, we got more River outtakes on the Reunion tour than on the 2016 River tour, no?

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Good point.  The shows were “Meet Me In The City” followed by 3 hours of (variably uninspired, depending on the night) boss mode.

Hell, we got more River outtakes on the Reunion tour than on the 2016 River tour, no?

I really didn't think Bruce wanted to overshadow the album show with the outtakes. And question the song selections on the album, anymore that has been said! 

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Good point.  

My point was also, with some exaggeration,  about people thinking they would play a set crammed with River outtakes and other rarities and no greatest hits in 15,000 - 25,000 capacity arenas, let alone stadiums.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Jimmy James said:

I really didn't think Bruce wanted to overshadow the album show with the outtakes. And question the song selections on the album, anymore that has been said! 

I always interpreted it as once Bruce started rehearsals he realized that a good portion of the audience (the born in USA crowd) was not going to get into much of The River so he structured the post album portion to appeal to general audience.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

I always interpreted it as once Bruce started rehearsals he realized that a good portion of the audience (the born in USA crowd) was not going to get into much of The River so he structured the post album portion to appeal to general audience.

Then the European audiences must really be a BITUSA/general crowd, since Bruce didn’t even make it through the full River album on the 2016 European leg shows!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, badlands78 said:

Then the European audiences must really be a BITUSA/general crowd, since Bruce didn’t even make it through the full River album on the 2016 European leg shows!

That i think was more about Bruce being tiered of doing the album. It was a screwed up situation, but remember Bruce's original idea was a "few shows" not a tour.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Then the European audiences must really be a BITUSA/general crowd, since Bruce didn’t even make it through the full River album on the 2016 European leg shows!

He did do the full River album at 3 shows in Europe. He must have been bored by the same 20 songs in sequence after Jan. 16 to April 25.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...