Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 11.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

5 hours ago, uruboss said:

I would really be very happy if the chosen one is Nassau December 28, 1980. Fingers crossed!

It’ll come, surely, but I’d be stunned if a show that opens with a Christmas song gets released at Easter...

48 minutes ago, driveallnight89 said:

My really hoping for an early 92 show!

I've seen a lot of people wanting a '92 show, why? It would be the least tour I'd wanna see a release of when I would make a ranking. Just genuinely interested.

17 minutes ago, Niels said:

I've seen a lot of people wanting a '92 show, why? It would be the least tour I'd wanna see a release of when I would make a ranking. Just genuinely interested.

Bruce appeals to everyone in different ways, one persons junk is another persons treasure !

• Like 4
44 minutes ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

They released the December 29th and December 31st remix show in July 2019 when it was summer 

Great shout. Fantastic INC and NUGS logic right there :D.

1 hour ago, doesthisbusstop said:

I think Passaic ‘78 night 3 will probably be released sooner than Nassau night 2 ‘80. Hope we get both this year. 

Not today!!

I’m away this weekend so not able to download the show (I want Passaic ‘78 night 3 the most of them all.)

But whatever show will be out I’ll buy it when I get home:D 

1 hour ago, Niels said:

For me, as a collector I would like a nice even representation of Bruce's live career. Some might feel that 92-93 is slightly under-represented. 

It could just be that folks out there like that little tour & the music theirin.

For me I find the 92-93 shows somewhat nostalgic, brings back nice memories.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
5 minutes ago, Sean McNeill said:

IF we get a release today then they have either had it sitting ready to go or have churned it out in 21 days.

Interesting.

Last December-January they released 3 shows in 5 weeks.

According to the last releases and the pattern they follow, IMHO next show should be from the 80s or maybe from the 92-93 Tour. It is very unlikely a show from other eras.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Niels said:

For me I throughly enjoy HT and LT, I got into Bruce well into the reunion era, I’ve found there is a lot of animosity towards the tour as at the time we didn’t know a reunion would take place. For me it was all in the past and just a unique era of Bruce’s canon. I want to experience all kinds of Bruce shows and this era needs another release with songs like I wish I was blind on there. 

• Like 3
2 hours ago, Sean McNeill said:

For me I find the 92-93 shows somewhat nostalgic, brings back nice memories.

I like the 1992 albums and tour, although from the standpoint of an enjoyable listening experience, the live recordings of “57 Channels” translate poorly to my speakers.  All those prerecorded sound clips etc...you know what I mean.  Guess I had to be there.

With it being Easter, what are the chances of Erik's essay containing some 'he-is-risen' or other Messianic references? A bit like Gus does.

• Haha 2