Greasy Lake Community

• Replies 11.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

On 12/6/2018 at 5:27 PM, Paolo's Circus Story said:

If available, a 1976 show would be a sound release in January. I don't know why, but I've been thinking that the last few days. 

Yes - one of the NYC Paladium shows would be awesome.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Sean McNeill said:

Some might feel that 92-93 is slightly under-represented.

This indeed, with only 1 representative release of the tour (the 1992 show).

As the 1993 show is not really representative of a regular 1992/1993 show and technically not even part of the tour proper.

• Like 2

Not related to archives, but a rumor

I was listening to the local radio station. They've been playing a lot of bruce lately. Then the DJ came back and said "we're gonna have something big to share from his camp very soon."

• Like 2
  • Bruuuuce! 2
  • 4 weeks later...

This month is the 40th anniversary of the European River tour 1981. Backstreets is celebrating it a lot with a lot of tweets and also articles about that tour so I really hope another European River show from 1981

• Like 3
  • Love Love Love! 1
6 minutes ago, Marnix said:

This month is the 40th anniversary of the European River tour 1981. Backstreets is celebrating it a lot with a lot of tweets and also articles about that tour so I really hope another European River show from 1981

While i'm totally down for a return to Europe 81, don't count on the anniversary being a reason to have hope!

If it is a 1981 show, please let it be the Gothenburg on 3 May or Stockholm on 8 May for the killer version of CCR's Run Through The Jungle.

Please, pretty please!

• Like 5
On 4/26/2021 at 1:51 PM, Marnix said:

Do we know for sure which shows in addition to that London were recorded. 

1 hour ago, BossMan13 said:

Do we know for sure which shows in addition to that London were recorded. 

It wouldn't be a surprise if London was the only one.

• Sad 2
On 4/28/2021 at 1:03 AM, Rusboud said:

One year is too much time for a River show... let's go for it!!!...

The standard appears to be one a year. 
August 2018-July 2019-May 2020-seems very likely within the next few months. 
I think the most likely ones for May are. 
River-Born in the USA-Other Band-Rising (if possible)-Devils and Dust-Seeger. 

• Like 3

I sincerely hope and pray that the brand new Nugs Archive release is a show that I once attended. Because then I can tell everyone that I was there and that it was one for the ages.

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
3 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Amnesty International sets

I was hoping for one of these last months but instead we got a TOL show. Hopefully next time they decide to dip back into '88.

This month I'm hoping their surprise is releasing something we didn't know they had.

• Like 1
2 hours ago, Music City Mike said:

I miss the clues!

I think now that’s  only a thing if it’s NOT the first Friday when the archive release comes out. 
February and April both came out on the first Friday and those weren’t teased and if May isn’t getting teased that means it’s coming out as scheduled  

• Like 1