Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

I'm really in the mood for a River show. For 1980, Nassau 1 would be pretty cool. For 81, another Europe 81 or Summer 81 would be great (of course not that Summer 81 show, but something around it would be great).

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, lilbud said:

I'm really in the mood for a River show. For 1980, Nassau 1 would be pretty cool. For 81, another Europe 81 or Summer 81 would be great (of course not that Summer 81 show, but something around it would be great).

I think that’ll be “soon”. Couldn’t tell you how soon but given last May’s release was a River show if we do get one this year it’s not too far. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

What tweets? 

Backstreets was /is tweeting since April about the 40th anniversary of the European tour 1981 with pictures and articles about that tour to celebrate it. 

• Thanks 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

21 hours ago, driveallnight89 said:

I’m still hoping for a 92 show with I wish I was blind, but I’d take a River show with Drive All Night.

Do we have any idea about how much of ‘92 was recorded. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Marnix said:

Backstreets was /is tweeting since April about the 40th anniversary of the European tour 1981 with pictures and articles about that tour to celebrate it. 

Are there any interesting shows that they might have a multi track other than Wembley? 
I looked at the service for the other shows that were supposedly recorded from the wembely run, The setlist don’t look very exciting

5 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

Are there any interesting shows that they might have a multi track other than Wembley? 

With some exaggeration, ALL continental 1981 shows are interesting (some more than others though).

Most interesting c.q. essential: Rotterdam, Gothenburg, Stockholm, Barcelona (Rotterdam and Stockholm both nights pretty great but night 2 more than night 1 (The Night 2 (or Night B ) rule even in 1981!:))).

Sadly as said not so long ago, the chances for multitracks for continent 1981 are probably also close to zero.

Which would not completely rule out soundboard releases later in the series when they are run of out multitracks (maybe).

(Edit: the setlist structure of the continent 1981 shows also was somewhat different from all other River Tour legs, making it for sure not 'more of the same'.)

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Honestly, it's time for a River or Other Band show. And, either way, I won't be complaining. I think it's relatively clear what they have in multitrack for 80-81 (unless we get a big surprise)... 92 is what I'm most curious about.

• Like 2

47 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

Honestly, it's time for a River or Other Band show. And, either way, I won't be complaining. I think it's relatively clear what they have in multitrack for 80-81 (unless we get a big surprise)... 92 is what I'm most curious about.

I would have either if that was the case

• Like 2

3 hours ago, sleepyjoe said:

I’d like to know if they’d consider releasing the complete MTV taping. Complete with mistakes, calls for retakes etc. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

I’d like to know if they’d consider releasing the complete MTV taping. Complete with mistakes, calls for retakes etc. 

I have that somewhere 

Compaired to the offical release ive watched it once

Too long ago to remenber why but to be fare it might just have been too many other interesring things i had bought with it 

So Im just not sure how interesting that would be 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, NoSurrender81 said:

I looked at the service for the other shows that were supposedly recorded from the wembely run, The setlist don’t look very exciting

The band and Bruce tore up Wembley.  The first, and one of only three six-night stands on the tour. The triumphant return almost 6 years after Hammersmith. Listening to 5/29 now. Absolutely on fire. Setlist not "very exciting?"  There are so many components to a show other than a set list. Any Wembley show would be a London May/June 1981 River show. Come on. Sure, no Run through the Jungle, Deportee, etcetera. There's not one weak song in any of the Wembley shows. Those April through June '81 shows are one of his greatest stretches of shows. Transformative.  Of course I want Paris, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Stockholm, 8/20, or 8/28. But if we don't get any of those, Wembley 81 shows rock.  6/5 is not perfect. I thought the "FOLLOW THAT DREAM / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / INDEPENDENCE DAY / JOHNNY BYE-BYE" stretch from the 6/5/81 show didn't work. So did Bruce; he never put Dream before Darkness again on the tour. Still, 6/5 is a great show to have. Any Wembley show would be. 

• Like 5

40 minutes ago, Rumble said:

The band and Bruce tore up Wembley.  The first, and one of only three six-night stands on the tour. The triumphant return almost 6 years after Hammersmith. Listening to 5/29 now. Absolutely on fire. Setlist not "very exciting?"  There are so many components to a show other than a set list. Any Wembley show would be a London May/June 1981 River show. Come on. Sure, no Run through the Jungle, Deportee, etcetera. There's not one weak song in any of the Wembley shows. Those April through June '81 shows are one of his greatest stretches of shows. Transformative.  Of course I want Paris, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Stockholm, 8/20, or 8/28. But if we don't get any of those, Wembley 81 shows rock.  6/5 is not perfect. I thought the "FOLLOW THAT DREAM / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / INDEPENDENCE DAY / JOHNNY BYE-BYE" stretch from the 6/5/81 show didn't work. So did Bruce; he never put Dream before Darkness again on the tour. Still, 6/5 is a great show to have. Any Wembley show would be. 

I love reading such passion

4 hours ago, Rumble said:

The band and Bruce tore up Wembley.  The first, and one of only three six-night stands on the tour. The triumphant return almost 6 years after Hammersmith. Listening to 5/29 now. Absolutely on fire. Setlist not "very exciting?"  There are so many components to a show other than a set list. 

Agree on this one. I'd love any show from this run - 2 and 4 April in particular. Even then, night one (with the first ESB performance of Trapped) would be a great release.

Honestly, less than a decade ago, I never thought the live archives would be opened in the way they have been with NUGS. Sure, a couple of the releases have been a bit 6.5 out of 10 (in terms of show choice/Toby Scott mixing). But if they release another 1981 show, one that is mixed well, then I'll be among the first to hand over some money later today. 

• Like 1

The River (song) performance from Glastonbury just got uploaded to Bruce's youtube channel, does this mean we can expect the full show to be uploaded? Would love that! 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Niels said:

The River (song) performance from Glastonbury just got uploaded to Bruce's youtube channel, does this mean we can expect the full show to be uploaded? Would love that! 

I doubt it.

They also uploaded Wrecking Ball. All they've done is add the two bonus videos from the Hyde Park DVD.

14 minutes ago, Niels said:

Yeah and Wrecking Ball from Giants Stadium seems a random combination.

Adding The River and Wrecking Ball is simply in line with the policy of uploading previously available videos to YouTube.I wouldn't read any more into it than that.

• Like 1