Greasy Lake Community

Is Wembley 02 coming out today or next week? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
  • Replies 11.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

The River tour was my first show, Fall of 1980 in the dump that jumps. I was 12 years old and just purchased my first Van Halen records. My Mom had a fight with her boyfriend. So off I went with her. 

Seriously, don't open the spoiler if you want to be surprised on Friday.  

I'm sad.  Also, had a car crash today on my way home... slid down an icy road, straight into the back of a parked car.  So all round not very pleasing day.

Posted Images

15 minutes ago, J said:

Is Wembley 02 coming out today or next week? 

I've missed these posts. :)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2
9 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I've missed these posts. :)

Hello. :)

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 3
  • Haha 1
1 hour ago, Nicola said:

But... Backstreets? No news ? :wacko:

That's OK.In recent times they've been good at advising when a release is delayed, so no news should be good news.

This being May 7th, I wouldn't mind getting 2008-05-07 Red Bank today.

It was the first time they played an album show - well, a two-album show.

The bootleg versions are not good sounding so an official release would be nice.

There are many better shows, sure, but this was historical.

• Like 4
1 hour ago, Breakaway said:

The bootleg versions are not good sounding so an official release would be nice.

Is that the one where they goofed the start of "Badlands"?

4 hours ago, Niels said:

The River (song) performance from Glastonbury just got uploaded to Bruce's youtube channel, does this mean we can expect the full show to be uploaded? Would love that! 

IMO, Bruce’s set at Glastonbury was one of the biggest artistic missteps of his career. Opening with “Coma Girl” to an audience who want the hits? Oof... 

• Like 1
4 minutes ago, Nick21 said:

IMO, Bruce’s set at Glastonbury was one of the biggest artistic missteps of his career. Opening with “Coma Girl” to an audience who want the hits? Oof... 

I’m not a fan of Glastonbury but I like Joe Strummer’s solo stuff and I’m aware of his connection to the festival. I’m guessing Bruce thought the audience would get it? It’s still only a couple of minutes in a two hr performance. I’m not overly keen on the Hyde Park release from the next day, not bad, not great, like most of 2009 actually.

45 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Gosh - you just reminded me of the audience recording of that one. Wanted to kill those people near the taper who paid a lot of money to witness history and talk through the entire show.

• Like 2
2 hours ago, Breakaway said:

This could be the boost this series needs as some say! 

I say most anything will be welcome! 

1 hour ago, bobfan1976 said:

With all of the brouhaha over Van’s new album, I forgot it was Archive day. Whatever the release is it’s guaranteed more plays than Van’s new one!

Picking this up shortly. Seems Van is no longer dwelling on the threshold, he's bust straight through to the dark side. Is it true that there's a cover of They're Coming To Take Me Away on it?

2 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

Picking this up shortly. Seems Van is no longer dwelling on the threshold, he's bust straight through to the dark side. Is it true that there's a cover of They're Coming To Take Me Away on it?

No, but it’s plausible. Not heard the full thing yet but it’s all up on YouTube. ‘Why are you on Facebook’ is, unintentionally, hilairious.

3 minutes ago, Promise61 said:

If it is indeed Glasto, Erik will surely have the words 'finally' 'historic' and 'legendary' in his review.

If it's Glasto the only good thing is Coma Girl

No big differences with the DVD London Calling that is enough I think

Even the special show in Carhaix was apparently better  

13 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

I’d like to know if they’d consider releasing the complete MTV taping. Complete with mistakes, calls for retakes etc. 

Would certainly be interesting... but if they have that 93 Count Basie show? My jaw would drop

12 hours ago, Rumble said:

The band and Bruce tore up Wembley.  The first, and one of only three six-night stands on the tour. The triumphant return almost 6 years after Hammersmith. Listening to 5/29 now. Absolutely on fire. Setlist not "very exciting?"  There are so many components to a show other than a set list. Any Wembley show would be a London May/June 1981 River show. Come on. Sure, no Run through the Jungle, Deportee, etcetera. There's not one weak song in any of the Wembley shows. Those April through June '81 shows are one of his greatest stretches of shows. Transformative.  Of course I want Paris, Barcelona, Rotterdam, Copenhagen, Gothenburg, Stockholm, 8/20, or 8/28. But if we don't get any of those, Wembley 81 shows rock.  6/5 is not perfect. I thought the "FOLLOW THAT DREAM / DARKNESS ON THE EDGE OF TOWN / INDEPENDENCE DAY / JOHNNY BYE-BYE" stretch from the 6/5/81 show didn't work. So did Bruce; he never put Dream before Darkness again on the tour. Still, 6/5 is a great show to have. Any Wembley show would be. 

Night One was my first ever show.  Would absolutely love it to death

• Like 1
2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

It's been years since I listened to it due to the sound quality so I don't remember.

It's Boston Dec 13 1992, just announced on E-Street Radio

• Like 2
4 minutes ago, CM said:

Well, not an overly exciting show BUT great to have a 1992 show with a great sound.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Breakaway said:

Well, not an overly exciting show BUT great to have a 1992 show with a great sound.

the other 2 shows sound better in my ears

1 hour ago, CM said:

FFS

• Haha 2