Jump to content
Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?


Recommended Posts

Looks like a popular story included as an intro to "Magic" in '08 included the line "the pot cookies were coming out of the oven just as I, just as I left…all that stuff doesn´t bother Patti and I too much." Oven? Maybe relevant? If so, Dallas '08 seems like a good pick. 10th Avenue to open, Meeting into Jungleland, and Bon Jovi guesting on Glory Days.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, sleepyjoe said:

Looks like a popular story included as an intro to "Magic" in '08 included the line "the pot cookies were coming out of the oven just as I, just as I left…all that stuff doesn´t bother Patti and I too much." Oven? Maybe relevant? If so, Dallas '08 seems like a good pick. 10th Avenue to open, Meeting into Jungleland, and Bon Jovi guesting on Glory Days.

With them saying still in the oven it makes me think maybe not magic because it maybe something that’s on tougher technology. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Not in need for a 1976 show at all.. but I guess it's a big wanted show for many here :)

Wait until you learn to appreciate the stuff from 1976.

You're in for a treat my friend.

Check out the video on here of Bruce working on an early live version  of 'Something in the Night' it's fantastic.

  • Like 1
  • Love Love Love! 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

So...this topic is 'hot' now...people check in to see what is going on then, only to find out the show is delayed!

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

If it's not 1981-06-04 now that the release isn't tomorrow on June 4th...

How about 2008-03-22 Indianapolis? Danny's last show, no Patti so probably talk about the pot cookies out of the oven...

Or how about something special to remember Clarence? On June 18th, it'll be ten years since the Big Man passed away.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

So i'm going to start by saying it ain't gonna happen, but there is:
1976-03-29 Ovens Auditorium, Charlotte, NC

Whilst this is clearly a very, very long shot, it does have a couple of (perhaps tenuous) things in its favour:

It was very early in the 1976 tour, therefore the sort of show Chas Gerber might have recorded to monitor the sound mix.

Like Albany 1977, it has no known recording and an unknown setlist, making it attractive to release, if they have it.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Breakaway said:

If it's not 1981-06-04 now that the release isn't tomorrow on June 4th...

How about 2008-03-22 Indianapolis? Danny's last show, no Patti so probably talk about the pot cookies out of the oven...

Or how about something special to remember Clarence? On June 18th, it'll be ten years since the Big Man passed away.

I doubt it’d be 2008 if they’re saying the release will be delayed. I would think that the date of the show will not be after October 4, 2003. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

I doubt it’d be 2008 if they’re saying the release will be delayed. I would think that the date of the show will not be after October 4, 2003. 

If it's before 2004, then I'm still hoping for a River show since there are still not many excellent recordings from that tour.

If they've managed to do a Rising show, then maybe Milan 2003-06-28 since it was one of Bruce's favorites or 2003-10-04.

Anyway, the release of Boston 1992-12-13 showed that it's not easy to guess these.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, Breakaway said:

If it's before 2004, then I'm still hoping for a River show since there are still not many excellent recordings from that tour.

If they've managed to do a Rising show, then maybe Milan 2003-06-28 since it was one of Bruce's favorites or 2003-10-04.

Anyway, the release of Boston 1992-12-13 showed that it's not easy to guess these.

How?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Breakaway said:

If it's before 2004, then I'm still hoping for a River show since there are still not many excellent recordings from that tour.

If they've managed to do a Rising show, then maybe Milan 2003-06-28 since it was one of Bruce's favorites or 2003-10-04.

I'm hoping it's another Rising or River show.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, sleepyjoe said:

Or the 1980 Thanksgiving show

I suggest never to go to a show on Thanksgiving day, as I did in I think 78-79 or 80, a Queen show. As usual eat to much even as a teenager, went to the show very high energy! Matter as fact one of my favorite shows. And had a very upset stomach afterwards. I think I had to smoke and drink all that upset-est away!  ;)

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Nugs is scrambling to solicit audience recordings from 6/4/1981 to complete the show.

??

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...