Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

2 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

Maybe it’ll be late today. 
James Taylor always has a Friday surprise and last week his was a couple hours late.

Who is James Taylor? (sorry..)

6 minutes ago, Niels said:

Who is James Taylor? (sorry..)

2006 musicares person of the year (Springsteen was there - it just happens that they used to be  label mates for decades) 

Part of a big family of guitar voice singers: brother Alex (1947-93), sister Kate, brother Livingston, ex wife Carly Simon, daughter Sally, son Ben.   
Joni Mitchell’s former boyfriend. 
Grammy winner this year for best traditional pop vocal album (previously nominated for his 2006 Christmas album but didn’t win).  Last album of original material was released in 2015 and did REALLY well.  
songs include: Carolina in My Mind, Sweet Baby James, Steamroller, Country Road, Fire & Rain, You’ve got a friend, You Can Close Your Eyes, Don’t let me be lonely tonight, Walking Man, Mexico, Shower the People (which he sang at Obama’s inaugural concert), Your smiling face, Secret O’Life, Millworker, That Lonesome Road, That’s Why I’m Here, recorded cover of Buddy Holly’s Everyday in 1985, Never die young, Sun on the Moon, Copperline, Shed a Little Light, Line Em Up, Little More time with You, October Road, Raised Up Family, Today Today Today, You and I again. 
Sheryl Crow, Garth Brooks, Zac Brown all admire him.  

• Thanks 1

Another reason for the late release of an archive: not stepping on the announcement of his return to Broadway. Not that I think an archive release would DO that, but I've worked in entertainment. It's how PR folks think sometimes...

• Like 2

59 minutes ago, hamerdriven said:

Another reason for the late release of an archive: not stepping on the announcement of his return to Broadway. Not that I think an archive release would DO that, but I've worked in entertainment. It's how PR folks think sometimes...

(IF) Bruce or his 'people' are sitting around saying

'we better hold of on this months archive release because we are announcing another money grab on Broadway'

then they need a reality check. 

He no longer has the pull for it to make any difference.

Neither last Friday, nor today, would have interfered with the Broadway announcement in any way. The delay is clearly nothing to do with Broadway.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

If it’s still in the oven then this leaked artwork for the new archive seems to be genuine. 

8D7C5B74-6DCC-433D-A4AF-5F0689AA98E4.jpeg

I wouldn't bother buying the CD version:

DSCF1329_1319515109.jpg

Unlikely it seems, but all this would be different with an unannounced release (not on a Friday).

A sudden surprise release, out of the blue.

2 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

Nugs said release “may be” cancelled. 

Where? All i'm seeing on their socials is Bob Weir stuff.

Cool, if its cancelled tell us what it was

10 minutes ago, lilbud said:

Where? All i'm seeing on their socials is Bob Weir stuff.

Cool, if its cancelled tell us what it was

I messaged them to see what’s going on. So strange for them to be hush hush as to it coming today or not. 

31 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

I messaged them to see what’s going on. So strange for them to be hush hush as to it coming today or not. 

yeah, it actually kinda weird the complete and total radio silence.

Usually we'd get some form of communication from Backstreets or Nugs, but it seems that either everyone is in the dark or something happened very last minute. 

But like: Jim Rotolo said nothing and just played a TOL show as if nothing was unusual, nothing on any of the socials either. 

2 hours ago, lilbud said:

yeah, it actually kinda weird the complete and total radio silence.

Usually we'd get some form of communication from Backstreets or Nugs, but it seems that either everyone is in the dark or something happened very last minute. 

But like: Jim Rotolo said nothing and just played a TOL show as if nothing was unusual, nothing on any of the socials either. 

I wonder if it’ll be something like Tuesday or Wednesday. 

17 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

I wonder if it’ll be something like Tuesday or Wednesday. 

I just assume "delay" actually means "next friday"

I doubt we'll get a release before next wednesday

Wednesday the new single of The Killers with Springsteen will drop so I’m really curious if they release a live archive next week. 

Really bizarre that they would even consider moving an archive show to the side if any other release is due. They probably only sell about 2,000 a show. And that would drop to about 1,995 if it clashed with any other kind of release. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Really bizarre that they would even consider moving an archive show to the side if any other release is due. They probably only sell about 2,000 a show. And that would drop to about 1,995 if it clashed with any other kind of release. 

From memory, a couple of releases were moved to avoid clashing with Sony announcements / releases from Western Stars. Clearly there was some sort of pecking order in place.

However, those were Bruce's own releases, not a guest appearance. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

Nugs said release “may be” cancelled. 

53 minutes ago, Niels said:

Wait you mean no live release for the month of June? 

It seems pretty clear they must have hit a big hitch of some sort with whatever was intended to be released this month.

• Sad 1