Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

24 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Staggering that there aren’t several 2013 digital wrecking ball shows ready to go to fill in last minute for any hiccups with baking old tapes. 

I agree, thought that since the start.

With the sheer number of performances potentially available surely they would have a chunk of gap-fillers for instances like this.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Daisey Jeep said:

well its almost sunday here now :angry:

As a consolation, you can round off your Saturday with the 'Old bones' theme of Bruce Springsteen’s 23rd DJ show on SiriusXM satellite radio

https://www.njarts.net/radio/springsteen-plays-songs-about-aging-on-siriusxm-dj-show-titled-old-bones-transcript-videos/

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1097TRRaiTl0yNuUcscpfv0Zt_bBWRAED/view?usp=sharing

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Staggering that there aren’t several 2013 digital wrecking ball shows ready to go to fill in last minute for any hiccups with baking old tapes. 

Right?? Or even a 2005 show, pretty sure all of those were recorded and would be a whole lot easier to mix being acoustic.

5 hours ago, doesthisbusstop said:

Are we sure that whatever this is is from the tape period? You know in the oven can also just be a fancy way of saying “on the way”. 

11 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I reached out and they said it's delayed but not canceled at this point....I think we are all wrapped a bit too tight today.

What I want to know is why there wasn’t backstreets’s usual tweet. 

16 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

Are we sure that whatever this is is from the tape period? You know in the oven can also just be a fancy way of saying “on the way”. 

We aren't really sure of anything. Both interpretations of "in the oven" seem to work.

If something is taking longer than expected, that would seem to suggest an older tape that needs more work, but we can only speculate.

Maybe they're having a go at Wembley 2002 but that Incident on 57th Street file just refuses to convert to a usable format. Hopefully somebody sneaked in a dictaphone and has a muffled, mono copy that they can use complete the show.

Did I need to put a joke alert before that last paragraph?

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

We aren't really sure of anything. Both interpretations of "in the oven" seem to work.

If something is taking longer than expected, that would seem to suggest an older tape that needs more work, but we can only speculate.

Maybe they're having a go at Wembley 2002 but that Incident on 57th Street file just refuses to convert to a usable format. Hopefully somebody sneaked in a dictaphone and has a muffled, mono copy that they can use complete the show.

My other interpretation is another factor may be that we get something non-tour so some signing off may need to be done for something like that (when we got bridge school ‘86 it was delayed - probably because of some approval that needed to happen)

1 minute ago, BossMan13 said:

My other interpretation is another factor may be that we get something non-tour so some signing off may need to be done for something like that (when we got bridge school ‘86 it was delayed - probably because of some approval that needed to happen)

Who knows?

The whole issue of payments to band members etc and approvals from other artists appearing is a total black hole as far as our knowledge is concerned.

Having said that, it isn't something I would personally expect to lead to a significant delay.

11 minutes ago, Niels said:

That's at least a clear answer. Hopefully camp Bruce gives the approval of releasing it the coming Friday then..

2E9174F9-2ED5-4ED2-A8E7-1C69DF5EA1FC.jpeg

A "stock" paragraph, but it seems to confirm what I always assumed, that nugs are just the distribution vehicle.

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

I think have a crystal cat cd they could borrow, for a reasonable price.

hopefully it’s not due to those 2 ladies talking during incident that I mentioned previously. 

2 minutes ago, ukjohnney said:

hopefully it’s not due to those 2 ladies talking during incident that I mentioned previously. 

I bet it is :lol:

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Niels said:

That's at least a clear answer. Hopefully camp Bruce gives the approval of releasing it the coming Friday then..

2E9174F9-2ED5-4ED2-A8E7-1C69DF5EA1FC.jpeg

We’ve had Fridays for four years now. They do have a semi set schedule for Springsteen releases. 
I wonder if we’ll get Springsteen and White Stripes a day apart. 

4 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

We’ve had Fridays for four years now.

I read that as just meaning the schedule is set by Bruce Inc, not nugs, therefore nugs themselves don't have a schedule.

2 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

A "stock" paragraph, but it seems to confirm what I always assumed, that nugs are just the distribution vehicle.

I thought that was a given? Nugs don't do anything with all the thousands of shows they have on their platform other than host them and act as the agent for collecting payment. 

28 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

I read that as just meaning the schedule is set by Bruce Inc, not nugs, therefore nugs themselves don't have a schedule.

Oh this has Bruce Inc ALL OVER IT!!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean McNeill said:

Oh this has Bruce Inc ALL OVER IT!!

Agreed.  An atypical Jon Landau production

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

yes

it sounds plausible to me otherwise ;)

• Bruuuuce! 1

3 hours ago, J said:

Are we there yet? 

i know :angry:

my phone is already protesting 

i had room last week no problem

Screenshot_20210611-171423.png

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2021 at 8:19 PM, Sean McNeill said:

(IF) Bruce or his 'people' are sitting around saying

'we better hold of on this months archive release because we are announcing another money grab on Broadway'

then they need a reality check. 

He no longer has the pull for it to make any difference.

I'm sure they think that we can only cope with one piece of Bruce news in a week - any more than that and it will "dilute the brand", to use their corporate speak. Broadway one week, Killers collaboration another (which was only mentioned in an interview, rather than by press release anyway). So maybe this week for an archive release?

The None But The Brave podcast has confirmed that Rising tour releases are an impossible wish - yes they could solve the problem if Inc spent $$$$s on it, small change to them but for relatively little financial reward so they won't bother. Why would they do so when they have shows from other tours available for release? Except as part of his eventual "legacy". One of his most important tours, certainly post-reunion, and there's little or none of it officially in the public domain.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Old English Town said:

Why would they do so when they have shows from other tours available for release?

True, but I wonder what will happen when they run out of multitracks from the classic era.