Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

44 minutes ago, badlands78 said:

Even 10/16/2002 Barcelona?

Barcelona wouldn't be impossible, but has the complication of already being licenced to Sony for the DVD.

However, Sony's 12.5% cut of the Archive revenue might encourage them to give the necessary consent. When Houston and the 'missing' songs from Tempe were released it was expressly stated that it was being done with Sony's consent.

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

Barcelona wouldn't be impossible, but has the complication of already being licenced to Sony for the DVD.

However, Sony's 12.5% cut of the Archive revenue might encourage them to give the necessary consent. When Houston and the 'missing' songs from Tempe were released it was expressly stated that it was being done with Sony's consent.

Good point.

By the way I would like to see an official release of the ENTIRE 11/5/1980 Tempe AZ show as a single download.  (There are fan-made versions spliced together from the two available releases but not the real deal.)

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

The question with Barcelona is whether or not the files are saved off of the storage system. There is no reason to think that the masters (which they presumably had no issue accessing in 2002/2003) were kept in some other format. If they were not, then it would be the same issue - inability to access. 

Assuming that is the case (they are only on the storage system), the question then becomes can they extract the audio only from the DVD, and if so, would they be both happy with that mix and legally able to release the exact same mix through nugs. 

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

I contacted nugs and they said “anything is possible” as far as Barcelona goes - never say never. 
I wonder how they were able to release June 27 & July 1, 2000 knowing they used those shows for Live in New York City. 

1 minute ago, BossMan13 said:

I contacted nugs and they said “anything is possible” as far as Barcelona goes - never say never. 
I wonder how they were able to release June 27 & July 1, 2000 knowing they used those shows for Live in New York City. 

I would guess that the difference there is that they only used part of the shows for LINYC. Whereas Barcelona was the full show.

But if they have the masters accessible, could do a better mix and are able to get another rising show out, i'm certainly willing to buy it!

13 minutes ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

I would guess that the difference there is that they only used part of the shows for LINYC. Whereas Barcelona was the full show.

But if they have the masters accessible, could do a better mix and are able to get another rising show out, i'm certainly willing to buy it!

And the video has since been captured online in HD as well years after the dvd came out, so it would make for one helluva fan made blu ray too. 

2 hours ago, BossMan13 said:

2 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

The same would apply to all those shows featured on 'Live 75-85'. I would guess that the agreement between Bruce and Sony which allows him to release these shows specifies that he is allowed to release full shows when only part has been released by Sony. In the absence of such an agreement they would surely need to seek consent each time, therefore I would expect them to have covered off the issue in advance.

18 hours ago, badlands78 said:

By the way I would like to see an official release of the ENTIRE 11/5/1980 Tempe AZ show as a single download.  (There are fan-made versions spliced together from the two available releases but not the real deal.)

I'd love to see them release the full Tempe show in audio

15 hours ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

Definitley, anything is possible. A Rising show could be possible. They were able to release MSG 2009 the night they performed The Wild, The Innocent and E Street Shuffle as a whole album even though there had been technical difficulties 

2 hours ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

I'd love to see them release the full Tempe show in audio

Yeah that’s what I was referring to.  The homemade versions of this show have an odd sound, as the sound mix is different in the DVD audio track compared to the remaining songs currently available on the separate official download.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, badlands78 said:

Yeah that’s what I was referring to.  The homemade versions of this show have an odd sound, as the sound mix is different in the DVD audio track compared to the remaining songs currently available on the separate official download.

It’s a great effort blending them in but you are right, in that the volume is louder on the 10 additional songs not taken from the dvd/blu ray and it seems none of the fan made versions are perfect. 

4 hours ago, Niels said:

If we don't get anything this Friday then surely they will skip this month. 

Hmm. Doubt it. They have budgets and projections to protect.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, badlands78 said:

The version I made sounds balanced to me. Let me know what sounds off to you please.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

The version I made sounds balanced to me. Let me know what sounds off to you please.

Imo, your version sounds perfectly fine to me.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, J said:

This better not be another 2009 release or something equally meh.  Wembley 2002

Why not say what you mean? :lol:

• Haha 3

4 hours ago, Buddhabone said:

I haven't heard your version, but I patched together a version using the DVD audio ripped and the Nugs download on Cool Edit Pro (with no effects or balancing or normalizing or other gimmicks).  I can hear a difference in compression (or whatever) between the DVD songs and the Nugs songs.  "Out In The Street" compared to "Racing In The Street" for example.  It's like they mixed it differently for a video audience compared to an audiophile audience.

1 hour ago, Born To Walk said:

Why not say what you mean? :lol:

Busted. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, J said:

This better not be another 2009 release or something equally meh. 

We had this long a delay in August and got a 2006 show. Did they mean what they said when they said minor production issue (wonder if it had to do with the start of  vinyl and CD pressings for Letter to You) 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, J said:

This better not be another 2009 release or something equally meh. 

Still a big fan of WOAD i see :lol::lol:;)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1