Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

54 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

I think there’s quite a bit left of that tour. 

Well that would make me happy anyway 

On 6/16/2021 at 12:02 AM, Daisey Jeep said:

Still a big fan of WOAD i see :lol::lol:;)

Oh yes. ^_^:D

• Haha 1

35 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Do we think it's happening tomorrow? Who is with me??

I would have thought we might have had confirmation via Backstreets if it was back on, so I'm not overly confident. 

45 minutes ago, Buddhabone said:

Do we think it's happening tomorrow? Who is with me??

Nugs replied to me on Tuesday saying: "We are hoping the next release will be this Friday."

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

To me that sounds like "We have it ready since weeks but probably once again Bruce INC comes up on thursday telling us to not release it yet cause some other bollox is happening that same day"...

• Like 1

As I posted on Twitter, if #68 is to be this week or not, take some time while waiting to refresh yourself with some of the gems we've already gotten this year. For some reason people say the Archive Series has gone stale. What Archive Series are they paying attention to?

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/category/springsteens-archive-series-in-2021/

• Like 4

Something else.

After listening to a certain 1978 show this week, I'm getting curious now what will be the 1978 release this year, now the 1978 radio shows are out of the way. Will it be the inevitable Passaic 3 or a real surprise?

Nothing wrong with Passaic 3 BTW, a very great show and the setlist speaks for itself.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Lampi said:

Something else.

After listening to a certain 1978 show this week, I'm getting curious now what will be the 1978 release this year, now the 1978 radio shows are out of the way. Will it be the inevitable Passaic 3 or a real surprise?

Nothing wrong with Passaic 3 BTW, a very great show and the setlist speaks for itself.

Assuming all of Phoenix was recorded, not just the filmed songs, that would seem an obvious contender.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

I think there’s a chance it may be something that no one here or BTX said anything about wanting. Last August they were this late for production reasons and we got a 2006 show. 

... and terrific it was too.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

For some reason people say the Archive Series has gone stale. What Archive Series are they paying attention to?

The Sunderland AFC 'Great Victories Archive' has run a bit low I gather :rolleyes:

Just now, BossMan13 said:

I bet within three months we’ll get another 2006 show. 

I hope its Sheffield - The River, Youngstown and Bring 'Em Home. :) Would be a great release.

2 hours ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

As I posted on Twitter, if #68 is to be this week or not, take some time while waiting to refresh yourself with some of the gems we've already gotten this year. For some reason people say the Archive Series has gone stale. What Archive Series are they paying attention to?

https://cantfindtickets.wordpress.com/category/springsteens-archive-series-in-2021/

We definitely are spoilt. I’ve got all 67 in HD, vast majority multi track in outstanding sound quality. And there’s loads that I’ve only listened to once all the way through from start to finish. 

And to think only a few years ago I was happy with audience recordings in mp3 or FLAC. Staggering really. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

I think you'll find we won the Papa John Trophy (ever heard of it?!) only three months ago! :lol:

No, but I well remember its earlier incarnations. York usually did crap in it!

image.png.21292202db98df30a12727cbc26f82e7.png

1 minute ago, doesthisbusstop said:

And to think only a few years ago I was happy with audience recordings in mp3 or FLAC. Staggering really. 

People complain about the 1977 releases because (horror of horrors) they're mono soundboard recordings. If the Archive Series didn't exist, collectors would have wet themselves with excitement if a soundboard of a previously unbootlegged show had suddenly entered circulation. 

• Like 2

31 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

We definitely are spoilt. I’ve got all 67 in HD, vast majority multi track in outstanding sound quality. And there’s loads that I’ve only listened to once all the way through from start to finish. 

Yeah I get that completely. I wrote that as if I was on my high horse, but even I'm a bit lost as to what Bruce I want to listen to now that it's been (checks calendar) SIX weeks since the last new one. Shocking isn't it? :D

Mind you, that's only on my walks. I'm currently having a lot of fun (and trouble thinking about what to write) listening to the 2016 shows for the blog. I haven't visited some of these shows in a long time and it's really fun. I don't even care that they're in MP3! 

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

People complain about the 1977 releases because (horror of horrors) they're mono soundboard recordings. If the Archive Series didn't exist, collectors would have wet themselves with excitement if a soundboard of a previously unbootlegged show had suddenly entered circulation. 

Well based on a post I've read tonight on BTX that has me intrigued, we might be able to test this theory further tomorrow.