Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

3 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Well based on a post I've read tonight on BTX that has me intrigued, we might be able to test this theory further tomorrow.

Speaking as someone who has long advocated a further release from those Chas Gerber cassettes, I hope this is correct

1 minute ago, Sean McNeill said:

It'll be a show with no obvious reason for a delay, there never is.

'Obvious' being the key word. There is a reason for the delay, we just don't know what it is.

21 minutes ago, Paolo's Circus Story said:

Well based on a post I've read tonight on BTX that has me intrigued, we might be able to test this theory further tomorrow.

Please tell more. 

2 minutes ago, davemunday said:

Please tell more. 

Hopefully its more concrete than the rather long shot of 'in the oven' referring the The Ovens Arena show of 1976. 

• Haha 2

45 minutes ago, Born To Walk said:

'Obvious' being the key word. There is a reason for the delay, we just don't know what it is.

I meant more along the lines of us all thinking:

'oooo must be a really special show if there is a delay'

It rarely works out like that. I've gotten really excited in the past thinking a special show was gonna follow a delay only for it to be something like the Bridge Benefit '86.

3 minutes ago, Sean McNeill said:

It rarely works out like that. I've gotten really excited in the past thinking a special show was gonna follow a delay only for it to be something like the Bridge Benefit '86.

That was a disappointing one for me too, it got delayed the First Friday at noon on the dot. Literally the last possible second. 

To say my expectations were raised a bit would be underselling it

1 minute ago, Sean McNeill said:

I guess some would argue that the Bridge Benefit was special, but that's a whole other debate and I get your point.

There's probably so many mundane reasons why a delay could happen that have nothing to do with the show itself. 

32 minutes ago, Sean McNeill said:

So were getting Bridge 95? And who says that would be better than the Ovens show! :)

3 hours ago, Sean McNeill said:

I think that one was delayed because of needing to get approval given that it was part of something else - probably having to go through Neil Young to green light it. Probably why no Vote for Change show  has arrived. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, BossMan13 said:

I think that one was delayed because of needing to get approval given that it was part of something else - probably having to go through Neil Young to green light it. Probably why no Vote for Change show  has arrived. 

I think VFC is probably lost along with the rising. Rather than then guest aspect 

36 minutes ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

I think VFC is probably lost along with the rising. Rather than then guest aspect 

I’m just saying one cause might be the guest aspect. 
Do we know of any other artists that used that system in 2002-04?

We didn’t know that was the case with The Rising until it was shared the day that MSG #2 2009 was released. 
Do we know if that system was still a thing in 2004? 

1 hour ago, BossMan13 said:

And the fact that despite the best VFC efforts, John Kerry lost :D

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1
  • Haha 1

I still think the Bridge Release was a last minute stand in, more like, ‘we don’t have a release ready to go, what’s going to take minimum work?’ It’s all speculation but the theory that they don’t have a stockpile of shows, or even any clear rationale, beyond trying to only cover tours once a year, of what to release and when.

[wishful thinking] It's obviously going to be Wembley 13, released today, as today is the 8 year anniversary of that gig (I think).[/wishful thinking] 

• Like 1
  • Bruuuuce! 1

3 minutes ago, doesthisbusstop said:

If it’s a couple of Amnesty International sets then I don’t care how long sign off takes, would love a show or two from that tour. 

When / if they get round to that tour, I hope they don't just release the Buenos Aires show, a large part of which has already been released on CD and DVD.

I'm hoping that all shows were recorded because of the film Amnesty were making. For historical reasons I'd like a show from a country Bruce hasn't played before or since, maybe the Ivory Coast show which he talks about at length in his book.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Lampi said:

Something else.

After listening to a certain 1978 show this week, I'm getting curious now what will be the 1978 release this year, now the 1978 radio shows are out of the way. Will it be the inevitable Passaic 3 or a real surprise?

Nothing wrong with Passaic 3 BTW, a very great show and the setlist speaks for itself.

Aw, c'mon, nobody needs yet another '78 show. They HAVE to be done with that era.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

maybe the Ivory Coast show which he talks about at length in his book.

That's what I'm hoping for too.

I can't see them releasing another TOL show soon... I love that tour, but there's really no more sales appeal left. Maybe one song difference. I'm hoping for an Amnesty show next time they dip into '88

3 hours ago, Promise61 said:

Aw, c'mon, nobody needs yet another '78 show. They HAVE to be done with that era.

I agree. The only '78 show I'd buy is that Berkley one where they *might* have played NYCS. The setlist is incomplete but it was sound checked that show. Not liking '78 is probably my biggest "hot take," but I will say I've always wondered how NYCS would sound that tour.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Promise61 said:

You can never have enough '78 shows. If they would release a complete 1978 Box like the 1966 Dylan Box I'd be the first to buy it!

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, saschanrw said:

You can never have enough '78 shows. If they would release a complete 1978 Box like the 1966 Dylan Box I'd be the first to buy it!

I’d beat you to it.  The entire tour should be released.  

• Like 3

Community Auditorium
1978-07-01
Berkeley, CA

Badlands
Night
Spirit In The Night
Darkness On The Edge Of Town
For You
The Promised Land
Prove It All Night
Racing In The Street
Thunder Road
Paradise By The C
The Promise
Born To Run
Because The Night
Quarter To Three

Partial setlist. Paradise By The C and Prove It All Night were used as promo cuts for radio play from this board tape.