Greasy Lake Community

Next Archive - Any Rumors?

well if the first friday has moved not badly i hope so much at this point, with a special anniversary next month ... next august 20 falls on friday, for los angeles 81 ... 40 years later

• Like 2

Maybe I’m wrong but the wording here leads me to believe its a cd-r version of the set.

“The December release of the limited-edition factory-pressed CDs sold out quick, but now available are the same great shows in a collectible box set. This 24 standard-CD set...” -from the email

“Collectible CD box sets containing 24 standard CDs are NOW AVAILABLE. (Limited Edition factory-pressed CD box sets are SOLD OUT.)” -from the ordering page

3 hours ago, Born To Walk said:

As backed up by the lack of any announcement.

Yes. Exactly. For a long time the practice was to announce delays, then we had the whole 'clue' phenomenon. All of which seems to have died a sudden death. I no longer believe they have a long term plan for these shows, or any kind of reserve. I genuinely think they are just going on a month by month basis, and at most just not repeating a tour in a calendar year if possible.

Please excuse my stupid question but what is the difference between what is available and what is sold out? 

"Collectible CD box sets containing 24 standard CDs are NOW AVAILABLE.(Limited Edition factory-pressed CD box sets are SOLD OUT.)"

3 hours ago, Okely Dokely said:

But aren’t there non-radio broadcast shows included in that box already?

Oh yes. The first wave being one box. Berkeley is the beginning of wave 2 IMO. The non radio shows being additional nights at the venues. 

3 hours ago, bobfan1976 said:

Yes. Exactly. For a long time the practice was to announce delays, then we had the whole 'clue' phenomenon. All of which seems to have died a sudden death. I no longer believe they have a long term plan for these shows, or any kind of reserve. I genuinely think they are just going on a month by month basis, and at most just not repeating a tour in a calendar year if possible.

I think a new one should be soon. We got the box in December and a week later we got the 11/7/09 concert. 

The lack of any communication about a July release makes one wonder how big a deal the Archive series really is. For many of us on this list, including me, each release is very special and something I look forward to with great anticipation and speculation. Could it be that the sales numbers have just gotten so small that its not too high on the list of Springsteen camp activities? Sure wish Backstreets would have slipped it in during their recent Landau interview. 

Good news to hear would be that we all don't relaize how much Bruce is involved with each release and that he is too busy staying focused on SOB.

• Sad 1

On 7/8/2021 at 5:22 PM, lilbud said:

I think I'd cry if they actually released Wembley 02. It's been a running 'J'oke for so long on this site that I kinda don't want it to be released purely to keep the joke alive.

Holding it to be released on the shows 50th anniversary.  

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, Music City Mike said:

Good news to hear would be that we all don't relaize how much Bruce is involved with each release and that he is too busy staying focused on SOB.

It's true to say that we don't know the extent of Bruce's involvement. I would certainly expect him to be personally involved in approving the list of shows to be released. Clearly there needs to be a control, for instance so that they don't release a show earmarked for another project such as the BITUSA Box. Whether or not Bruce personally needs to approve the final product before it can be released is an unknown. I'd guess that he doesn't get that involved, but that is a pure guess.

Would be very interested in sales numbers and how they compare to the releases which were coming out within weeks of the 2016/17 tour. 

For example, I bought Wembley 2016 I think only a couple of weeks after the show and I wonder how many others who were also there did the same who were keen to hear the show while it was still fresh in their minds? Where as an archive of a show which was 20-30 years old would only appeal to maybe a couple of thousand hard core fans who collect the shows. 

17 hours ago, muscum said:

Please excuse my stupid question but what is the difference between what is available and what is sold out? 

"Collectible CD box sets containing 24 standard CDs are NOW AVAILABLE.(Limited Edition factory-pressed CD box sets are SOLD OUT.)"

Hi! Regular Nugs-Releases are pressed on CDR, the are not factory-pressed silver Discs. There were limited Edition factory pressed CDs of Milano ans Metlife 2016 in the past.

• Like 1

On 7/10/2021 at 1:49 AM, Born To Walk said:

I got an email 

Hmmmm if they were actual real genuine CDs i'd be tempted 

Edit

Now reading this thread im confused

4 minutes ago, Cameron J. McMenemy said:

That's a show i would download in a instant

I could be persuaded too. 

• Haha 1

48 minutes ago, BossfanNL said:

Forgive me my ignorance guys, but what makes that Wembly 2002 show so special? 

I would suggest you would need a time machine to take you back to 2002, but i've been here since then and other than a great sounding boot, I have never been able to figure this out. Also if you use the time machine you may have to live through 2020 again, so maybe not worth the risk!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Brucefaninnyc said:

I would suggest you would need a time machine to take you back to 2002, but i've been here since then and other than a great sounding boot, I have never been able to figure this out. Also if you use the time machine you may have to live through 2020 again, so maybe not worth the risk!

Than I will request that bootleg on here and find out for myself why this show is so much anticipated. Thank you for your answer. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, J said:

I could be persuaded too. 

I ve switched to download the shows once a year (yeah, all of the 12-13 a year) since 2 or 3 years. But this show I would buy right away.

I feel like standing in the wind in front of this old building again after all those years thinking about it...

One thing is currently unexplained.

Shows have traditionally been released just before noon ET and E Street Radio have started playing the show at noon. However, E Street Radio's Friday schedule has recently changed so that they play an archive show at 10am ET instead of noon. So, what happens when we get a release, does it come two hours earlier or do E Street Radio start playing it two hours before release? Or, something else?

• Like 1